• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:233] Virtually all hospitalized Covid patients have one thing in common

If you don't believe the govt is doing it's job of protecting the health and safety of the people, which includes you, then let those who make such decision know what you think and vote for those you think will see to it such gets done.
Why are you deflecting instead of answering...

Do you or don't you believe if you catch a virus that it is due to governmental negligence?

Why are you deflecting instead of answering...

Do you or don't you believe if you catch a virus that it is due to governmental negligence?

You can sue anybody for anything if you can find a lawyer willing to take your case and a court willing to hear it. That would cover what you ask.

Most of govt action is immune from negligence suits. Your scenario is speculative. My personal opinion would depend on the details of the case, regardless of if won or not. What situation do you believe might indicate govt negligence causing someone to "catch a virus"?

lol

Okay then. You DO have an ethical obligation, and in many states a legal obligation, to prevent spreading COVID.

If you want a more in-depth answer, take 30 seconds out of your day and read my post.

lol

Okay then. You DO have an ethical obligation, and in many states a legal obligation, to prevent spreading COVID.

If you want a more in-depth answer, take 30 seconds out of your day and read my post.
In all honesty, I don't need a longer answer to understand your point.

I think people do have an ethical responsibility to self quarentine if the know they are infected. If they do go out while knowingly contagious, they should face a punitive consequence in response to that.

This demand that healthy people must protect others because they might be infected is hogwash.

You can sue anybody for anything if you can find a lawyer willing to take your case and a court willing to hear it. That would cover what you ask.

Most of govt action is immune from negligence suits. Your scenario is speculative. My personal opinion would depend on the details of the case, regardless of if won or not. What situation do you believe might indicate govt negligence causing someone to "catch a virus"?
More deflection from you.

Here is what YOU said:
bluesmoke said:

If you don't believe the govt is doing it's job of protecting the health and safety of the people, which includes you, then let those who make such decision know what you think and vote for those you think will see to it such gets done.

Now you are bringing up suing???

Let me help you out there is no right or wrong answer here. I am asking you for your opinion.

You seem to be implying that my health is the governments responsibility when it comes to covid. I want to know if I'm correct in thinking that's how you feel.

This demand that healthy people must protect others because they might be infected is hogwash.

It's no different than laws and prohibitions against driving a car drunk, or laws against individuals or companies dumping toxic waste into a community's water supply. And, historically, we've been mandating vaccines and inoculations since the revolutionary war, so the only thing new here is the spitefulness and belligerence of Trump supporters and Republicans.

You seem to be implying that my health is the governments responsibility when it comes to covid.

Yes, it is.

For example:

That's why the city, county, and/or state you live in now have building codes that forbid the construction of new buildings that use lead pipes.

That's why the federal government warns people about incoming hurricanes.

That's why we have a military.

That's why the FDA bans quack medications and medical treatments that harm people instead of help people.

That's why we have laws against the use of illicit drugs (which most Conservatives and Republicans support).

That's why the government screens passengers who board airplanes.

If the government wasn't concerned about your health it wouldn't be doing its job.

In all honesty, I don't need a longer answer to understand your point.

I think people do have an ethical responsibility to self quarentine if the know they are infected. If they do go out while knowingly contagious, they should face a punitive consequence in response to that.

Hello? McFly? We're dealing with an illness that can spread before you have symptoms, or while you are asymptomatic. You can be thoroughly infected with COVID, and shedding virus particles all over the place, without knowing it.

The vaccines do not completely eliminate the chance that you'll transmit the virus -- but it dramatically reduces it. Getting vaccinated, wearing a mask, social distancing when you can, and frequent hand-washing combined all reduce the chance that you'll get someone sick. And of course, the only way to end the pandemic is to get as many people vaccinated as possible.

It's not March 2020. This is all well-established fact. You've been here long enough to know it, too.

So, yeah. There is no question whatsoever that you have a moral responsibility, both to yourself and others, to get vaccinated.

(P.S.: Qualifiers like "in all honesty" often indicate that the speaker is lying. Just FYI.)

Yes, it is.

For example:

That's why the city, county, and/or state you live in now have building codes that forbid the construction of new buildings that use lead pipes.

That's why the federal government warns people about incoming hurricanes.

That's why we have a military.

That's why the FDA bans quack medications and medical treatments that harm people instead of help people.

That's why we have laws against the use of illicit drugs (which most Conservatives and Republicans support).

That's why the government screens passengers who board airplanes.

If the government wasn't concerned about your health it wouldn't be doing its job.
You certainly have a point that the government does regulate many things in the name of public safety. I'm not sure I would agree that the vaccines are a legitimate cure for covod or that it does not oppose more risks than I am comfortable with.

I do however concede that arguing the government does not have the authority is flimsy when you consider all the other liberties they already infringe upon.

More deflection from you.

Here is what YOU said:

Now you are bringing up suing???

Let me help you out there is no right or wrong answer here. I am asking you for your opinion.

You seem to be implying that my health is the governments responsibility when it comes to covid. I want to know if I'm correct in thinking that's how you feel.

After you said "Now you are bringing up suing???", I went no further. Because, it was YOU who brought up suing when you asked "So if I go out of my house and catch a virus, should I be able to sue the gov for negligence? Why or why not?". When I did not directly answer your question to do with suing, you pushed it in your next post with "Why are you deflecting instead of answering..." and "Do you or don't you believe if you catch a virus that it is due to governmental negligence?". The term "negligence" being most relative to "suing". Then, I give you a forthright answer, by which you now accuse me of "bringing up suing". You deserve no further response.

After you said "Now you are bringing up suing???", I went no further. Because, it was YOU who brought up suing when you asked "So if I go out of my house and catch a virus, should I be able to sue the gov for negligence? Why or why not?". When I did not directly answer your question to do with suing, you pushed it in your next post with "Why are you deflecting instead of answering..." and "Do you or don't you believe if you catch a virus that it is due to governmental negligence?". The term "negligence" being most relative to "suing". Then, I give you a forthright answer, by which you now accuse me of "bringing up suing". You deserve no further response.
I stand corrected it was me who introduced the concept of suingtothe debate. I had forgotten that i had. My apologies for mischaractrizing what you said.

I stand corrected it was me who introduced the concept of suingtothe debate. I had forgotten that i had. My apologies for mischaractrizing what you said.

Thank you for your honesty.

I take it that means you are declining my offer of a small wager. Figures.
You wrote a book full of idiotic lies.
*The percentage of US people who are vaccinated is about 56%, not 75%. In fact only 65% have received one shot. It will likely take 90% to achieve herd immunity.

*I haven't checked the Israeli data to see who is actually getting infected but they aren't as highly vaccinated as you think. Only 61% are fully vaccinated, far below what is needed for herd immunity. Furthermore, they started so early on that the vaccines began to wane. They are now giving boosters so they should be fine in a month or two.

*You have no idea how many actual cases there are here. No one does. Feel free to guess though as long as you admit its a guess.

*The vaccines are doing a great job keeping people out of the hospital against the mutant strains, though, as in Israel, protection is waning as it does for most immunizations. Ever get a tetanus booster shot? Why do you think they are necessary? Unvaccinated people are 29x more likely to end up in the hospital. Explain that.

I don't wing it here. Everything I pass off as fact can be supported, unlike your posts. When you write a book of lies like you did it makes your posts look silly.
You are spreading lies. Probably another pseudo physician who has sold your soul to the Pharmaceutical industry in exchange for kickbacks, or are directly on their payroll. The fact are indisputable. The virus has a survival rate of 99.7% untreated. The vaccines are dangerous, have killed 14K people we know of and possibly 100's of thousands which are being unreported. Early treatment is the gold standard for all illness and yet for some reason it is being denied to Covid patients.
Ivermectin along with several other anti viral's and anti inflammatory's have been proven to be effective in clinical studies worldwide and yet they are being withheld and lied about.
Remdesivir which has been approved, is a extreamly dangerous drug which has been proven to cause renal failure. Here is a quote from a NIH study "the combination of the terms "acute renal failure" and "remdesivir" yielded a statistically significant disproportionality signal with 138 observed cases instead of the 9 expected." https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ov/33340409/&usg=AOvVaw1BD_JPx79LADFLowVIItMm
It is little wonder that about half ER and ICU staff are refusing to be jabbed and advising to stay out of hospitals if you become infected. They kill about half of all people admitted to ICU's by using remdesivir, when early treatment with antivirals is proven to be extremely effective.

You are spreading lies. Probably another pseudo physician who has sold your soul to the Pharmaceutical industry in exchange for kickbacks, or are directly on their payroll. The fact are indisputable. The virus has a survival rate of 99.7% untreated. The vaccines are dangerous, have killed 14K people we know of and possibly 100's of thousands which are being unreported. Early treatment is the gold standard for all illness and yet for some reason it is being denied to Covid patients.
Ivermectin along with several other anti viral's and anti inflammatory's have been proven to be effective in clinical studies worldwide and yet they are being withheld and lied about.
Remdesivir which has been approved, is a extreamly dangerous drug which has been proven to cause renal failure. Here is a quote from a NIH study "the combination of the terms "acute renal failure" and "remdesivir" yielded a statistically significant disproportionality signal with 138 observed cases instead of the 9 expected." https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ov/33340409/&usg=AOvVaw1BD_JPx79LADFLowVIItMm
It is little wonder that about half ER and ICU staff are refusing to be jabbed and advising to stay out of hospitals if you become infected. They kill about half of all people admitted to ICU's by using remdesivir, when early treatment with antivirals is proven to be extremely effective.

Quote the "lies".

And ivermectin has been rejected even by India as ineffective.

The FLCCC is a shill site for Ivermectin lovers.

Quote the "lies".
You're wasting your time. Everything he's written is flat-out wrong. I'm sure several people have corrected his misinformation by now, too.

Remdesivir which has been approved, is a extreamly dangerous drug which has been proven to cause renal failure. Here is a quote from a NIH study "the combination of the terms "acute renal failure" and "remdesivir" yielded a statistically significant disproportionality signal with 138 observed cases instead of the 9 expected." https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjq3JGWqNnzAhVWip4KHdTiDR4QFnoECAYQAQ&url=https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33340409/&usg=AOvVaw1BD_JPx79LADFLowVIItMm

Presumably you are being facetious.
If not then your post is a laughable joke
LOLOLOL

Presumably you are being facetious.
If not then your post is a laughable joke
LOLOLOL
Your lack of ability to refute anything I say tells all. You cannot make an intelligent argument because you have an indefensible position.

Back
Top Bottom