• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:1889] Minnesota police fatally shot Black man after traffic stop, family says; crowd holds protest

PeacefulWarrior

I am not a robot.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
https://news.yahoo.com/minnesota-police-fatally-shot-man-030612591.html

Another criminal shot by Police in Minneapolis area."Protests" immediately start (eg: rioting, destruction, looting)

They seem to be saying to decent society: "You are not going to enforce the law!!!!"

The Governor comes right out with a statement that seems to demonize the Police:
“I am closely monitoring the situation in Brooklyn Center. Gwen and I are praying for Daunte Wright’s family as our state mourns another life of a Black man taken by law enforcement,” Gov. Tim Walz said in a statement posted late Sunday night on Twitter.
"Mourns the life of another black man taken by Law Enforcement", that is blatantly making the criminal out to be the good guy and "victim", and the Police to be the bad guys.
LMAO.
Sure am glad I dont live anywhere near one of these screwed up areas. I'd be hightailing it out of there PRONTO if I did, you can believe that. A decent persons life aint worth spit in a place like that.

Another criminal shot by Police in Minneapolis area."Protests" immediately start (eg: rioting, destruction, looting)

They seem to be saying to decent society: "You are not going to enforce the law!!!!"

The Governor comes right out with a statement that seems to demonize the Police:
“I am closely monitoring the situation in Brooklyn Center. Gwen and I are praying for Daunte Wright’s family as our state mourns another life of a Black man taken by law enforcement,” Gov. Tim Walz said in a statement posted late Sunday night on Twitter.
"Mourns the life of another black man taken by Law Enforcement", that is blatantly making the criminal out to be the good guy and "victim", and the Police to be the bad guys.
LMAO.
Sure am glad I dont live anywhere near one of these screwed up areas. I'd be hightailing it out of there PRONTO if I did, you can believe that. A decent persons life aint worth spit in a place like that.
He was pulled over for having air fresheners hanging from his rear view mirror

LMAO. Riiiiiiight.

And Mike Brown was a "Gentle Giant gunned down by racist cop for jaywalking!!!"

Even had his hands up pleading "Dont shoot" when that racist cop murdered him for absolutely no reason too!

Oh GEES, you aren't real keen on learning from past mistakes apparently. Havent you seen through this media BS yet? I'm here to help!!!

Or for having a warrant.

I think we need more information before we jump to conclusions although generally someone driving away from you is no longer an active threat.

While walking home with skittles and ice tea and jogging through construction sites I’m sure. Was probably just reading a book too.

Or for having a warrant.

I think we need more information before we jump to conclusions although generally someone driving away from you is no longer an active threat.

I saw his mom interviewed on local TV.

He called her when he got pulled over and the reason they gave him for the stop was air fresheners...

I have personally been stopped in Minnesota for the same thing...

As stated above, it's not possible to make a judgement about this without more facts.

If in fact the guy was driving away, the shooting would not be justified as he was not an imminent threat to the police or the public. But there may be more to the story.

I fear that for many people, the fact that the guy was black is all that needs to be known.

It sounds strange that the cop would shoot just because he drove off. Either there's more to the story or some cop went WAY off the rails.

Its a pretty safe bet that its the former Luther, IMO.

(dont forget the "gentle giant" ;) )

He called her when he got pulled over and the reason they gave him for the stop was air fresheners...

Must be a state law of obstructing the field of view etc, something to that affect, either way, definitely more to the story than what we know now.....

There’s a reason that didn’t do nothing became a meme. And it’s not because mothers of suspected criminals are 100% honest when going to the media.

Steven Crowder played the scanner audio this morning on his live stream. We can hear what the cops are saying on the radio system, it was not a ticket For the air freshener

In a statement, Brooklyn Center police said that officers had stopped an individual shortly before 2pm Sunday and, after determining the driver had an outstanding warrant, they tried to arrest him.

The statement said the driver re-entered the vehicle and drove away, at which point an officer fired at the vehicle, striking the driver. He drove for several blocks before crashing into another vehicle, police said.
Daunte Wright: Who was the 20-year-old Black man shot dead by police in Minneapolis suburb? (yahoo.com)
The above begs the question...Why didn't he stop and instead resist arrest?

Seems like he must have been pulled over for a pretty long time to be able to call his mother and talk to her and all.
Wonder if that call actually happened? We'll find out I guess.

I'll bet she also said he was a good boy who never did nothing. (just a hunch)

LMAO.
So I guess Neville Chamberlain Was reincarnated as the wussy governor of Minnesota.

Must be a state law of obstructing the field of view etc, something to that affect, either way, definitely more to the story than what we know now.....
Yes that is what it is.

It's kinda like a seatbelt law only used as an excuse.

Not sure anymore but Brooklyn park/center used to be very white communities...

So I guess Neville Chamberlain Was reincarnated as the wussy governor of Minnesota.

I'll bet the morale of the Police in that state is great right about now.
They probably cant wait to get out there and fight crime. Knowing that they are supported and all. (y)

There’s a reason that didn’t do nothing became a meme. And it’s not because mothers of suspected criminals are 100% honest when going to the media.

Steven Crowder played the scanner audio this morning on his live stream. We can hear what the cops are saying on the radio system, it was not a ticket For the air freshener
She as also calling for everyone to go home, they weren't helping...

Yes that is what it is.

It's kinda like a seatbelt law only used as an excuse.

Not sure anymore but Brooklyn park/center used to be very white communities...

Apparently it was for an outstanding warrant, but my issue is the shooting at the vehicle....that's incomprehensible.....of course, that's without knowing any details, what the warrant was far, where this shooting was, what the suspect was doing etc...

For me, it has to be pretty ****ing bleak to authorize shooting at a moving vehicle, too much shit can go wrong......

Back
Top Bottom