• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#183]Humans in the Americas before last Ice Age

And you seem to be unaware that china isn't.

They could be, but they decided to import theirs so they would have theirs when the world starts to fight over resources.

Way to stick it to the libs, though!

Yeah, we've been doing the same thing since forever, but the conservatives just don't get it.

Use what's available on the market, and when the market dries up, you still have your own resources.

It is when you say something derogatory directed at a person. Why is it that liberals, leftists, Democrats can't simply debate. They always have to resort to lowering themselves below dogs and cats. Why is that?
One isn't saying you are stupid when you repeat stupid lies you read on the internet.

No reason too, actually.

One isn't saying you are stupid when you repeat stupid lies you read on the internet.

No reason too, actually.
It's your opinion that they are lies when they are actual verifiable truths. You are not the arbitrator of truth...

It's your opinion that they are lies when they are actual verifiable truths. You are not the arbitrator of truth...
No they are not.

You have indications and rumors and possibilities.

What you do have is a deity that demands obedience but will not prove his existence to anybody alive. One that just happens to embody the worst in those who use him to justify their power.

Making their shitty behavior godlike.

But this is an anthropology thread. So I will end this exchange here.

Post #166 on Monday at 5:05 pm: "No, it was a stupid lie, but you be you."
Do you see the word "lie?" You said I lied.

Yes. The post was a stupid lie.

Saying so is not a violation of the rules.

No they are not.

You have indications and rumors and possibilities.

What you do have is a deity that demands obedience but will not prove his existence to anybody alive. One that just happens to embody the worst in those who use him to justify their power.

Making their shitty behavior godlike.

But this is an anthropology thread. So I will end this exchange here.
Have no idea of your rant and it's meaning. Once again, following the leftist CNN and the haters of religion. You are ending something that never got off the ground. Funny...

I'm trying to get him to discuss issues and all he wants to do is answer with school ground stuff. I want him to get on topic.
The TOPIC is humans in the Americas before the last ice age, and you've been off that topic for pages. Your 'issues' would be a better fit in the religion forum. IMO.

The TOPIC is humans in the Americas before the last ice age, and you've been off that topic for pages. Your 'issues' would be a better fit in the religion forum. IMO.
I think it went towards religion because someone threw around 10,000 years ago there was an ice age. Not everyone agrees with this. Like me. It was after the world-wide flood in which there is evidence of. So, that's how they comingled themselves.

The Inuit fascinate me; why people would choose to live in such a harsh and uncomfortable place as the Arctic has always been a puzzle. It's all about what you're used to, I guess. Researchers say they came from Siberia, and it's cold there, too. Even today, when they could fly to warmer places to live, and certainly know about them, they stay.

I love the inukshuk, the stone markers they used for navigation markers, spiritual messages and myriad other communications. This one at Mingo Lake on Baffin Island is 3,000 years old.

1638510314555.png

The Inuit and Paleo Eskimos before them were late comers (6,000 to 2,000 BCE), but they spread from Alaska to Greenland. The Paleo Eskimos, including the Dorset, are now gone, replaced by the Inuit, but not before there was a great comingling of genes. Naturally.

The Dorset made some petroglyphs, mostly of human faces, at least where easily carveable rock was available. The Inuit did not.

1638511535452.png

The Inuit fascinate me; why people would choose to live in such a harsh and uncomfortable place as the Arctic has always been a puzzle. It's all about what you're used to, I guess. Researchers say they came from Siberia, and it's cold there, too. Even today, when they could fly to warmer places to live, and certainly know about them, they stay.

I love the inukshuk, the stone markers they used for navigation markers, spiritual messages and myriad other communications. This one at Mingo Lake on Baffin Island is 3,000 years old.

View attachment 67363344

The Inuit and Paleo Eskimos before them were late comers (6,000 to 2,000 BCE), but they spread from Alaska to Greenland. The Paleo Eskimos, including the Dorset, are now gone, replaced by the Inuit, but not before there was a great comingling of genes. Naturally.

The Dorset made some petroglyphs, mostly of human faces, at least where easily carveable rock was available. The Inuit did not.

View attachment 67363345
They prefer to be called Iñupiat in Alaska, but they still speak Inuit. They also originated from the Aleutian Islands about 4,000 years ago and mixed with natives from northeastern Siberia. So this was long after humans already occupied North America.

The title of the thread is also problematic, since there were no modern humans at all before the current ice-age began 2.58 million years ago. Modern humans have only been around for 180,000 to 200,000 years.

While many consider 15,000 years to be the earliest humans arrived in North America, many now think it may be between 30,000 and 40,000 years ago due to evidence of human footprints found on the shores of BC. However, there is one study that suggests modern humans were present in North America 130.7 ± 9.4 thousand years ago. Which would put humans in North America during the Eemian Interglacial period that occurred between 130,000 and 115,000 years ago.

A 130,000-year-old archaeological site in southern California, USA - Nature, Volume 544, pages 479-483, 2017

They prefer to be called Iñupiat in Alaska, but they still speak Inuit. They also originated from the Aleutian Islands about 4,000 years ago and mixed with natives from northeastern Siberia. So this was long after humans already occupied North America.

The title of the thread is also problematic, since there were no modern humans at all before the current ice-age began 2.58 million years ago. Modern humans have only been around for 180,000 to 200,000 years.

While many consider 15,000 years to be the earliest humans arrived in North America, many now think it may be between 30,000 and 40,000 years ago due to evidence of human footprints found on the shores of BC. However, there is one study that suggests modern humans were present in North America 130.7 ± 9.4 thousand years ago. Which would put humans in North America during the Eemian Interglacial period that occurred between 130,000 and 115,000 years ago.

A 130,000-year-old archaeological site in southern California, USA - Nature, Volume 544, pages 479-483, 2017
WOW! That is some real news! I've always had a feeling people were here much longer, but we just didn't know about it.

Possibly. The article does mention that it might not be the case, but who really knows? I'd love to have a time machine to observe these things. Of course, it would have to be one that only lets me see and not interact. Otherwise I'd probably pass some disease on and ruin literally everything.

So you're diseased? :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom