• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W: 146] Three killed, four wounded in California bowling alley shooting

Re: Three killed, four wounded in California bowling alley shooting

Yep. I agree. Discussion like that sure do bring out ridiculous arguments. But of course you get what the "handles and bayonet lugs" response was made to, correct? Another anti gun leftist using the bowling alley shooting to make yet another stupid (and completely wrong BTW) argument about 'assault rifles".

Well, you're halfway there.

No it isn't. Yiou haven't posted anything relevent to what I posted about the M16/AR15/M4 weapons and what they do to humans. You're cetrtainly free to do so though. I'll be waiting.

Everything I've posted is relevant to what you posted on the M16 and the damage that the M193 rounds do to humans. That round fired from any rifle chambered in that round does what you've posted. It's not limited to that rifle system. I've got a bolt action rifle chambered in .223 that is as capable of producing the same damage to a human body firing the M193 FMJ, and will do it further away as the 24" barrel gives that round a greater MV, meaning it will travel further before reaching the velocity below which the M193 loses most of it's ability to yaw and fragment. IOW, my Savage bolt gun is more damaging than an M16 firing the FMJ round.

Even then, I wouldn't using that combination for hunting or even target shooting. My hunting rounds for varmints are specially designed to fragment instantly, maximizing the expansion in a live target. For even 100 pound pronghorn it's an insufficient caliber/bullet combination - the venerable .308 using a hunting bullet is much more preferable.

Back to a human target - I have at least one AR-15 style firearm set up for personal defense. I did not choose the 5.56mm caliber using an M193 FMJ round, but rather a .300 Blackout using a Barnes 110 gr TSX bullet, as it will be much more effective in stopping a human attacker.

M16/M4/AR-15 using FMJ in 5.56mm - dangerous and lethal. No one denies that. What you don't seem able to understand is that almost every other rifle caliber and/or bullet type is more dangerous and more lethal.

Well, you're halfway there.
If you think I am only halfway there, you have never followed a discussion with IM and his anti gun bull****.

Then again...YOU decided to make a story about a bowling alley shooting a referendum on the eeeeevil AR15, so I gotta kind of think, minds thinking alike..........

If you think I am only halfway there, you have never followed a discussion with IM and his anti gun bull****.

Then again...YOU decided to make a story about a bowling alley shooting a referendum on the eeeeevil AR15, so I gotta kind of think, minds thinking alike..........

Back to the nonsense.

M16/M4/AR-15 using FMJ in 5.56mm - dangerous and lethal. No one denies that. What you don't seem able to understand is that almost every other rifle caliber and/or bullet type is more dangerous and more lethal.

Prove it with doctors reports and Xrays from human wounds from other military style weapons, that's the context in which I posted, because until you do that you're just blowing smoke.

Last edited:

You keep doing the dance.

As I said, you couldn't follow a tought if you were chained to it. You've made your arguement with my posts up. They were directed at a respose about "assualt" rifles being determined by handles, and bayonet lugs, and other nonsense. I posted what made one "assualt" rifle different, and backed it up. I said nothing about banning that weapon, or anything along those lines.

Your reponse to your own made up alligations has been enlightening though.

Well, you're certainly allowed to post that in a hunting thread. This isn't a hunting thread however.

Actually, where somebody else posts is not up to you.

As I said, you couldn't follow a tought if you were chained to it. You've made your arguement with my posts up. They were directed at a respose about "assualt" rifles being determined by handles, and bayonet lugs, and other nonsense. I posted what made one "assualt" rifle different, and backed it up. I said nothing about banning that weapon, or anything along those lines.

Your reponse to your own made up alligations has been enlightening though.
*sigh*
If you followed the conversation re pistol grips and lugnuts you would recognize that is the direct path these conversations always take...leftists make claims re "assault rifles" based on cosmetic features. Sad...but true. WHY the discussion about a bowling alley shooting became fixated on ARs? Well...thats the USUAL bent of people more invested in gun control than dealing with the actual PROBLEMS. Iguanaman started on his foolishness...longing for the 60s...a simpler time...PROBABLY not sharp enough to realize that you could buy a Colt AR THROUGH THE MAIL in the 60s and that it was commonly advertised as a standard sporting/hunting rifle. But why let facts get in the way of a perfectly good ridiculous antigun rant. Then YOU came along and started YOUR foolishness about Well...golly...the REAL problem is that the 5.56 round is just so darn lethal...again...turning a discussion on a probable gang affiliated but at least stupid people doing stupid things problem into an anti-AR discussion.

What does your inane comments about the lethality of the AR round have to do with the Torrance Bowling Alley shooting?

Follow a thought? Son...I'm more honed in on your ridiculous 'thoughts' than you could have imagined.

Prove it with doctors reports and Xrays from human wounds from other military style weapons, that's the context in which I posted, because until you do that you're just blowing smoke.

You don't understand physics or ballistics. Giving you pictures is iffy, too. I don't think you are qualified to interpret xrays.

*sigh*
If you followed the conversation re pistol grips and lugnuts you would recognize that is the direct path these conversations always take...leftists make claims re "assault rifles" based on cosmetic features. Sad...but true. WHY the discussion about a bowling alley shooting became fixated on ARs? Well...thats the USUAL bent of people more invested in gun control than dealing with the actual PROBLEMS. Iguanaman started on his foolishness...longing for the 60s...a simpler time...PROBABLY not sharp enough to realize that you could buy a Colt AR THROUGH THE MAIL in the 60s and that it was commonly advertised as a standard sporting/hunting rifle. But why let facts get in the way of a perfectly good ridiculous antigun rant. Then YOU came along and started YOUR foolishness about Well...golly...the REAL problem is that the 5.56 round is just so darn lethal...again...turning a discussion on a probable gang affiliated but at least stupid people doing stupid things problem into an anti-AR discussion.

What does your inane comments about the lethality of the AR round have to do with the Torrance Bowling Alley shooting?

Follow a thought? Son...I'm more honed in on your ridiculous 'thoughts' than you could have imagined.

On and on with the nonsense. Might I suggest a reading comprehension course?

You don't understand physics or ballistics. Giving you pictures is iffy, too. I don't think you are qualified to interpret xrays.

The doctors I posted are. The doctors you posted? Well, you haven't posted any as usual.

On and on with the nonsense. Might I suggest a reading comprehension course?
You think you are tougher to read than a 1 panel Ziggy comic?

The doctors I posted are. The doctors you posted? Well, you haven't posted any as usual.

I've posted sufficient support for my position. I can only present it to you. I can't understand it for you.

I've posted sufficient support for my position. I can only present it to you. I can't understand it for you.

You'vre posted nothing Major Rucker. Zero, zilch, zip, nada.

You'vre posted nothing Major Rucker. Zero, zilch, zip, nada.

I'm sorry that mathematics is so difficult. Did you or did not not ever take any physics? Have you ever hunted?

"One oft-noted recent study was authored by then-Army Maj. Thomas Ehrhart, who wrote a 2009 paper titled, "Increasing Small Arms Lethality in Afghanistan: Taking back the Infantry Half-Kilometer."

The paper drew from soldiers' experience in Afghanistan firefights.

Ehrhart wrote that half of the firefights infantry units in Afghanistan encountered were past 300 meters, and the 5.56 mm round had lessened lethality at longer distances.

He offered two solutions — a more effective 5.56 mm round, or the "better option" of adopting a caliber in the 6.5 mm to 7 mm range. "

Evidently the Army thinks that a larger round would be more lethal, according to a report cited by Maj. Jason Bohannon, lethality branch chief at the Army's Maneuver Center of Excellence at Fort Benning, Georgia

"https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2017/05/07/new-rifle-bigger-bullets-inside-the-army-s-plan-to-ditch-the-m4-and-5-56/"

Army Serious About Fielding 6.8 Caliber Round

Are you capable of answering this question: why do hunters, who desire one shot/one kill outcomes, use larger caliber, non-FMJ bullets for hunting their game rather than a 5.56mm NATO FMJ round?

I'm sorry that mathematics is so difficult. Did you or did not not ever take any physics? Have you ever hunted?

"One oft-noted recent study was authored by then-Army Maj. Thomas Ehrhart, who wrote a 2009 paper titled, "Increasing Small Arms Lethality in Afghanistan: Taking back the Infantry Half-Kilometer."

The paper drew from soldiers' experience in Afghanistan firefights.

Ehrhart wrote that half of the firefights infantry units in Afghanistan encountered were past 300 meters, and the 5.56 mm round had lessened lethality at longer distances.

He offered two solutions — a more effective 5.56 mm round, or the "better option" of adopting a caliber in the 6.5 mm to 7 mm range. "

Evidently the Army thinks that a larger round would be more lethal, according to a report cited by Maj. Jason Bohannon, lethality branch chief at the Army's Maneuver Center of Excellence at Fort Benning, Georgia

"https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2017/05/07/new-rifle-bigger-bullets-inside-the-army-s-plan-to-ditch-the-m4-and-5-56/"

Army Serious About Fielding 6.8 Caliber Round

Are you capable of answering this question: why do hunters, who desire one shot/one kill outcomes, use larger caliber, non-FMJ bullets for hunting their game rather than a 5.56mm NATO FMJ round?

Let me know when you're going to post medical information on what a round does to a human being in a mass killing situation. Not a deer, a human. Not at 300 meters, but mass killing distance.

Let me know when you're going to post medical information on what a round does to a human being in a mass killing situation. Not a deer, a human. Not at 300 meters, but mass killing distance.

Why is medical information the only information you can accept? Better question is why do I care what you think? You've presented plenty of evidence that you don't have the capacity to understand ballistics at all.

Why is medical information the only information you can accept? Better question is why do I care what you think? You've presented plenty of evidence that you don't have the capacity to understand ballistics at all.

You don't look at a page of ballistic data and say ok this is what this round will do to a human being. You need real firsthand information. You're capacity to grasp that is nonexistence and always has been. There's a reason for that though. You have no firsthand information.

Moderator's Warning:
This gun-discussion derail has ended. Return to the topic now please.

Back
Top Bottom