• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

[W:1011]TRUMP’S TAXES SHOW CHRONIC LOSSES AND YEARS OF TAX AVOIDANCE

Is this not the epitome of Trump? Everything he does is superior to everyone else on the planet? Yet, you never seem to question the veracity of any of his claims. Or laugh any discrepancies off as genius trolling in the 4th dimension. If he had a modicum of humbleness, the opposing party might not be so vehement in their own views. Everything that revolves around him has to be larger than life and far superior to everyone else, but you can't stand it when the actual facts to not support his extraordinary claims. What do you expect when someone goes around boasting about how great they are while simultaneously laughing and mocking anyone else that does not agree? That's pretty depressing to anyone with a sense of rationality.

This is at least the 5th or 6th major claim against Trump in the last 4 years

Lots of innuendo....very little in ways of proof

And what little proof there was on things wasnt enough to convince the American people that he should be out of office

I get it....Trump is a buffoon, and he makes a mockery out of the office of the presidency

He spews crap out of his mouth and his blackberry that makes me cringe.....

He lies repeatedly about the stupidest of things.....and boasts about crap he shouldnt

But this is another in a LONG LINE of hit pieces trying to change the November results....that is all this is

The NYT is using this to try to get Trump to release his information (will never work)

ANd sometime in the distant future, they will be forced to post a retraction....maybe 5 years from now to keep from paying off a HUGE lawsuit

but by then, it wont matter, their job will have been done.....try and convert any voter they can....

I used to have respect for the NYT and WASHPO, and at one point in my life wanted to be one of the best writers

Now....i wouldnt use their papers for bird cage linings

Katherine Graham would be sad for how this has turned out......

I used to have respect for the NYT and WASHPO, and at one point in my life wanted to be one of the best writers

NY Times is saying they have more stories like this that they plan to release during the election. It's basically a slow drip of times articles to do their best to just Trump in the election. This isn't news, this is the NY Times doing the bidding of the DNC. It's illegal for Biden's campaign to release these records. NY Times gives this release "legitimacy" and legal cover. But, they aren't even releasing the data. They are releasing their biased interpretation of the documents which is worse for Trump. All the negatives without context.

Trump loves to sue, and threaten to sue.

He hasn't threatened to sue the NYT.

Nor has he done the one thing that could invalidate their story...releasing his taxes.

Trump takes his supporters for chumps.

he wont till he is OUT OF OFFICE

then the suit will be filed, and a settlement will be reached

if he does it before then, he plays into the democrats hands....(not happening)

Unlike the historic way the Democrat Party takes and has used the
Black Community since L.B.J.'s Great Society program.
Talk about a Reversal of Fortune.Under Obama's Reign blacks were
afflicted with the highest level of Poverty in the last 60 years.
Trump changed all that.And a whole lot more.
Repeat that again in a form of English that makes sense.

Oh cry me a river!!!

The left didn't give Trump ONE DAY of consideration! On the day after his inauguration all the ***** hat wearing women and men in the world went out to protest the guy and the mass vulgarity ensued. Y'all keep talking about how Trump supporters are the worst people the world has ever seen but you won't spend a damned minute looking in the mirror.

Yeah, and while that was going on, Jared and the rest were busy collecting the checks from the Russian oligarchs who financed Trump’s inaugural committee.

he wont till he is OUT OF OFFICE

then the suit will be filed, and a settlement will be reached

if he does it before then, he plays into the democrats hands....(not happening)

He's not doing any of that. After Biden wins Trump is going to flee to Russia.

He's not doing any of that. After Biden wins Trump is going to flee to Russia.

i am not betting either way.....or voting for either one

but you seem determined that Biden is going to win

dont be surprised if it doesnt happen.....

i am not betting either way.....or voting for either one

but you seem determined that Biden is going to win

dont be surprised if it doesnt happen.....

This isn't about me. Biden will win the election. Look up 538. Where the race matters, in the swing states, Biden is cleaning Trump's clock.

That graph is nothing new. It is known that about half the people pay no federal income tax. That is because many of those people are poor. So it is the middle class and up that account for the federal income tax revenue.

You’re missing the point.

(Actually, it’s not because they’re mostly poor. They’re mostly seniors with no income and children)

At least one guy who isn’t poor isn’t paying taxes either.

NY Times is saying they have more stories like this that they plan to release during the election. It's basically a slow drip of times articles to do their best to just Trump in the election. This isn't news, this is the NY Times doing the bidding of the DNC. It's illegal for Biden's campaign to release these records. NY Times gives this release "legitimacy" and legal cover. But, they aren't even releasing the data. They are releasing their biased interpretation of the documents which is worse for Trump. All the negatives without context.

Good. And I hope this helps Trump lose big time. He's a crook, a fraud, a conman, an idiot, and completely unfit for office. The tax returns are just one more piece of evidence.

Also, the most important thing we've learned is the reason why Trump is so willing to cheat and destroy our Democracy. The moment he's out of office he's going to prison and losing all his businesses.

Hey, Republicans.

What's it feel like being this suckered by an ancient con man with bad hair?

They will never admit Trump is a loser because that will mean admitting they are losers themselves.

This is at least the 5th or 6th major claim against Trump in the last 4 years

Lots of innuendo....very little in ways of proof

Except this isn't in any way true. Pure fantasy.

The evidence of his crookedness, his stupidity, his criminal acts, his abuse of the office, his selfishness, his poor character is now legion.

Love to defend Presidents who are tax cheats.

Always a good look.

Trump and the Russians both worked to get Trump elected in 2016 and they are doing it again now. As far as anyone can tell they do it at arms length similar to the way a super pac is supposed to work on the behalf of a candidate. It’s often hard to tell who the leader is when they are pushing the same message. Sometimes Russia will come up with an idea first, sometimes the campaign will.

Mueller proved that but could not prove they actually conspired which would be more than an arms length relationship which would have been illegal for the campaign. It was nonetheless illegal on the part of Russia.

Given that there were more than 100 contacts between the campaign and Russia and that the typical campaign has none, it would have been negligent not to try to determine if there was a conspiracy as part of the investigation into Russia’s interference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If you dig into the transcripts of HPSCI interviews and other background that has been released you'll find that Russian interference in elections isn't anything new. You'll also find that they worked BOTH Trump and Clinton. Their goal is to sow distrust in the electoral system but, more than that, they want to get an idea of what each candidate will do that effects their country.

As far as the number of contacts between Russia and Trump campaign staff, wee have nothing that describes the nature of those contacts or how that number compares with Russian contacts of other campaigns. We do know that Mueller found no coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia. We also know that Trump, as a political outsider, didn't have a previously establisheed policy track record with Russia so it would have been NECESSARY to have contacts to get that process started.

1. Trump did obstruct justice. The evidence for this is in the special counsel's report:

2. The special counsel's investigation did find evidence lending support to the idea that Trump's campaign conspired with the Russian government, but this evidence was insufficient to prove the matter beyond a reasonable doubt.

3. Trump contributed to the atmosphere of suspicion by constantly lying about everything. His various lies and ever-changing stories about Trump tower are a good example of this.

4. Schiff did not "OH MY GERDS! LITERALLY MAKE UP A STORY!!!" on national television. This is pure propaganda that you fell for, hook, line, and sinker:

5. Nearly every news article published by the most reputable outlets, such as Washington Post, and the New York times reported during the Russian investigation turned out to be true.

6. All of your posts are intended to distract from the main point of the NYT article: Trump is a fraud. It doesn't matter how much it irritates you that the NYT found his taxes and published details of his taxes. The NYT had the right to do this, and NYT readers had the right to read about, and voters will now have the right to decide whether or not to vote for American history's most incompetent, idiotic, corrupt, crooked man to ever occupy the oval office.
The NYTimes has REFUSED to prove their claims or even offer any evidence to support them. It's propaganda and you, my friend, are the one chomping on that bait.

The NYTimes has REFUSED to prove their claims or even offer any evidence to support them. It's propaganda and you, my friend, are the one chomping on that bait.

I don't need the NY Times to prove their claims to Trumpers who watch OANN and Fox News 24/7, news orgs that have basically become state propaganda at this point praising the "dear leader", in order for me to believe the NY Times. The NY Times is the best news organization in the country even if you hate the political views of the authors of the editorial and opinion pieces.

You need that.

You need that because you've been conned into believing if a piece of news is not pro-Trump it's FAKE NEWS.

THAT, my friend, is propaganda. And it's worked wonderfully on you. You fell for it, hook, line, and sinker.

Here's the 2019 financial disclosure - https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/31/politics/read-trump-financial-disclosure-2019/index.html - It even comes from CNN so you know it has to be real!

As far as your expectations over 40 years...turns out they aren't always met. Sorry about that. FWIW, you should have been made aware that in life, not all of your expectations get met.
It isn't abusive to have expectations. It's abusive to harass people merely because they don't meet your expectations.
You can quit complaining and go about your life too. See how that works? It's all nice and equal.

The public DOES NOT have the right to go rooting around in everyone else's life just because they feel like they should be entitled to do so. Why is it so damned hard for you people to understand that the world doesn't revolve around your desires and shouldn't revolve around your desires?

The public does have the right to know if their President is a crook.

And it's in the interests of the country that we select a leader who is not a crook.

And if you don't care if a President is a crook, that doesn't matter. You're wrong.

You think Trump would publicly share his SSN? You're not making any sense. Can you explain why you feel entitled to something you are not? Can you explain why you feel someone is guilty unless they prove themselves innocent? Can you explain why someone is not a "real American" if they do not do something you refuse to do?

Your juvenile attempts to weasel out of your prior statements shows you do not truly hold the standards you have stated.

There is something you Trumpers keep forgetting.

Trump is not entitled to anyone's vote.

And people don't have to vote for him if they think he's a tax cheat or a liar.

And people also don't have to vote for him if they don't think he's being transparent or honest. And, yes, someone running for office as a social obligation to be honest and transparent.

And if you want to vote for this fraud anyway, that's on you. You're the one that has to figure out how to sleep at night knowing you've selected someone completely unfit for the office.

Back
Top Bottom