• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

[W:1011]TRUMP’S TAXES SHOW CHRONIC LOSSES AND YEARS OF TAX AVOIDANCE

It makes sense to me. I said that when he first took office. You do not pay taxes if you do not make money. It does not matter if you are a billionaire. With the crash of 2009 anyone with any sense should have known that anyone with vast amounts of real estate would be in trouble. He most likely acquired the real-estate when it was over valued and since then the properties has most likely not returned to its prior value even now. The only thing he can do is hold on to it until the value increases again. But with the democrats shutting down and destroying our economy he may not live long enough.

He betrayed our allies, the Kurds. If it involves loans to Turkey and he allowed Erdogan to exploit that, it’s serious. I still want to know why he left our allies after a phone call with Erdogan

Don't forget that Putin told trump to get our forces out of a strategically located American air base.

Trump had them out in 24 hrs and it is still occupied by Russian troops, and using our air strips...

The diff is while both are unprincipled Putin is smart.

prove it is illegal or a sham.
not that you can or will.

sucks the law says otherwise.
again tds pill swallowers are going to be disappointed once again.

Don't forget that Putin told trump to get our forces out of a strategically located American air base.

Trump had them out in 24 hrs and it is still occupied by Russian troops, and using our air strips...

Trump can be easily blackmailed and exploited by foreign governments holding his loans. When you think back to the Ukraine scandal, that’s exactly how Trump was playing politics with Ukraine. He engage the country in a quid pro quo but he did it with the American taxpayers money.

This not how honest and principled people negotiate. It’s corruption, blackmail, and extortion

Man, the brain stem Trump zombies are sure quiet tonight. They will be back, and stupid as ever though, once nearly-dead Rush tells them what to say.

we will see i doubt any of this is real. this reeks of another nyt fake news article.
although publishing someone tax returns without their permission is a federal felony.

so they are in some very hot water if they leaked actual tax returns.

It isn't "fact" unless it can be substantiated. It's opinion and nothing more without proof.

no i think the times is a pos shit hole that has lost all credibility.

it will simply be a matter of time before this story is debunked like the rest of their garabage stories have been.

not to mention very very much hot water legal issue they opened themselves up to by publishing private tax returns without permission.

not that you care about that.

so far no one who hadn't taken the tds pill has any reason to believe anything that shit hole paper publishes.

It isn't "fact" unless it can be substantiated. It's opinion and nothing more without proof.
yep i figured these leftists would pull something this disgusting.

it is what they do just a matter of time before the story is recanted or it is proven false.

This is the most important bit and my hope is the NYT shows this soon. If he is beholden to a foreign government, he should lose his security clearance, even if it means he cannot do his job.
you don't know what tax returns show do you?

I think you've confused Trump for Joe Biden. And how exactly do they get blackmailed over loans?

Apparently, just like your cult leader you can’t handle the truth. Either you are in denial, or you are just an easy Mark for a con man.

The NYT has no credibility? That’s not true according to Fox “News.”

There’s a lawsuit against Tucker Carlson. Here’s Fox’s defense:

Tucker Carlson doesn't have an obligation to investigate the truth of statements before making them on his show, and his audience doesn't expect him to report facts, Erin Murphy a lawyer for Fox News told a New York federal judge.

“What we’re talking about here, it’s not the front page of THE NEW YORK TIMES,” said Murphy.

“It’s Tucker Carlson Tonight.”

As far as “permission” goes the Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that the First Amendment allows the press to publish newsworthy information that was legally obtained by reporters even when those in power fight to keep it hidden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you don't know what tax returns show do you?

And you didn’t read the article or pay attention if you did. It’s not based just on tax returns:

“Together with related financial documents and legal filings, the records offer the most detailed look yet inside the president’s business empire.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whatever he owes to the IRS (not counting possible fraud fines), there are loans that go over $400 million or so, and he signed over his properties as collateral. He has no money so he can't pay his loans with other loans. He does not have credit, so no credit, no cash. He'll have to give up his properties or, declare bankruptcy all over again, just like he did in the 90's. He could just go ahead and do that and start over again, taking money from his many "friends' and rebranding the scam.

As far as the republicans go, they got pretty much what they wanted; tax reform for the wealthy, EPA regulations rolled back, Supreme Court seats and hundreds of federal judges appointed. They gave a pass to Trump and were willing to let four years of his presidency go unchecked, as long as they kept the Senate.

Trump's tax revelation could tarnish image that fueled rise

"...
Indeed, in a Gallup poll from February 2016, Republicans who wanted to see Trump win their party’s nomination cited his experience as a businessman as the second-most important reason they backed him, surpassed only by his status as a nonpolitician and an outsider.

Even today, when asked to explain their support for Trump, voters often point to his success in business as evidence of his acumen. And they often repeat his talking point that he gave up a great deal to serve as president, citing his sacrifice as evidence that he ran for the job not out of self-interest, but because he cares about improving the lives of people like them.

But the image of a man flying around in private jets from one luxury property to another and paying less in taxes than millions of Americans with far more modest lifestyles could prompt a backlash similar to the one 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney faced after he was secretly recorded at a closed-door fundraiser saying that the 47% of Americans who don’t pay income taxes were “dependent upon government” and would never vote for him.
..."

Thing is his followers are already defending him as evidenced by this thread. Already they are lauding him as a hero and a genius for minimizing taxes.

Last edited:
I think the nyt just committed a felony.

prove it is illegal or a sham.
not that you can or will.

sucks the law says otherwise.
again tds pill swallowers are going to be disappointed once again.

Kevin Drum:
"Trump’s story turns out to be pretty simple. After screwing everybody in sight during the ’90s, he entered 2000 in parlous shape. What saved him was The Apprentice, which earned him a boatload of money and formed the foundation of his flurry of licensing and endorsement deals over the next few years. But as revenue from the show faded, so did Trump’s finances, and since 2012 he’s been losing money every year. Long story short, Trump has lost money at pretty much everything he’s ever done. The only exception is The Apprentice and the licensing money it enabled—which probably owes more to reality show mogul Mark Burnett than to Trump himself."

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…