• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

[W:1011]TRUMP’S TAXES SHOW CHRONIC LOSSES AND YEARS OF TAX AVOIDANCE

Exactly why President Trump or any other president should not show their returns. The NYT

Or made up.
Every recent president has shown their taxes without revealing scandal.
One only refuses to release one’s taxes when one has something to hide. Case in point.

It seems to me it is imperative that we know who he owes over $421 million to, which will come due within the next four years. If these are foreign actors, they will have leverage over a president, making him a national security risk.

Deutsche Bank and Ladder Capital (which has since securitized and sold all of his debt to them) are the only lenders involved in those loans. He has plenty of other creditors all over the world for other loans and, worse, much of that debt seems to have been securitized and sold to investors. Anyone could own Donald Trump.

Now I understand why Rudy Giuliani and Chris Christie were there at his presser earlier. I thought that was strange. I didn't watch much of it but now I'm assuming they were there representing him as legal counsel if the press started digging too deep and the news hadn't been release yet, but I'm sure they knew it was coming.

"In response to a letter summarizing The Times’s findings, Alan Garten, a lawyer for the Trump Organization, said that “most, if not all, of the facts appear to be inaccurate” and requested the documents on which they were based. After The Times declined to provide the records, in order to protect its sources, Mr. Garten took direct issue only with the amount of taxes Mr. Trump had paid."

Another hit piece by the NYT that has attempted to cleverly disguise political opinion as fact. They piece together information from anonymous sources and attempt to convince the lemmings that the reporter has access to actual tax documents. A critical reading of this farce reveals that most of it is hearsay by unknown "sources" that do not appear to have any special access to any actual tax documents. There are repeated references to "The Apprentice" and how much Donald Trump may have made from this. They then extrapolate from second or third hand information in order to present the President in the worst possible light based on their "theories" of his finances. The NYT extrapolates second and third hand information from his various real estate investments and come to conclusions they likely have no real basis for. If they have actual documents that explain their theories, why not reference them?

I am encouraged by the desperation of the NYT and other liberal media days before the debate and 40 days before the election.

LONG-CONCEALED RECORDS SHOW TRUMP’S CHRONIC LOSSES AND YEARS OF TAX AVOIDANCE

The Times obtained Donald Trump’s tax information extending over more than two decades, revealing struggling properties, vast write-offs, an audit battle and hundreds of millions in debt coming due.

Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.

He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.
===============
Well, well. Either he's not the successful businessman that he claims to be and losses more money than he earns or he's a cheat that pays less money in taxes than the working poor.

Romney was attacked during the 2012 election because he only paid 12% in federal tax. How will paying only $750, the highest in decades is going to fly?
No doubt the Cult is thick within this thread

Deutsche Bank and Ladder Capital (which has since securitized and sold all of his debt to them) are the only lenders involved in those loans. He has plenty of other creditors all over the world for other loans and, worse, much of that debt seems to have been securitized and sold to investors. Anyone could own Donald Trump.
Ah, but who bought the debt? It’s grade DDD debt. The only ones who would buy it are those that want it so they can dangle forgiving it. Anyone come to mind with the initials V.P.?

No doubt the Cult is thick within this thread
Hard facts crashing into their lionized vision of the Great Leader must make them uncomfortable.

Well the obvious answer is putin, and it sure would explain a LOT...

i can't believe i'm actually typing this but i think our country is being run from the Kremlin.

This mother****er is the embodiment of “loosing a little bit on every deal, but making it up in volume”...

Hard facts crashing into their lionized vision of the Great Leader must make them uncomfortable.
NYT has broken a ton of facts on Trumps finances
Wonder where this came from????

That's a LIE, they were obtained legally through the courts.
Oh. Really. The newspaper obtained Trump's tax returns "legally through the courts".

BULLSHIT!

Ah, but who bought the debt? It’s grade DDD debt. The only ones who would buy it are those that want it so they can dangle forgiving it. Anyone come to mind with the initials V.P.?

Where are you coming with that? I can't even find DDD debt.

The Times said in the article that they were given by people who had a legal right to them.

It’s lame to use the, “but mommy, you weren’t supposed to look in my bottom dresser drawer,” excuse.
And what gave those people the right to give someone's private tax returns to the newspaper? What gives the newspaper the right to give someone's private tax returns to the public?

That's what I mean by corruption.

Oh. Really. The newspaper obtained Trump's tax returns "legally through the courts".

BULLSHIT!
Who gives a shit how they got them? Whether they got them through the Freedom of Information Act, from the SDNY or Manhattan DA or from Donald ****ing Duck, who cares? It they obtained them illegally don't you think Trump's expensive lawyers would be all over their asses with lawsuits hours ago? THINK logically for once in five years will you?

And what gave those people the right to give someone's private tax returns to the newspaper? What gives the newspaper the right to give someone's private tax returns to the public?

The NYT has the right to publish the information, the Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that the First Amendment allows the press to publish newsworthy information that was legally obtained by reporters even when those in power fight to keep it hidden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Biden digital team is a buzzsaw.
They are good. Joe may be slow, but he knows how to pick people. "Only the best"...for real this time.

You know what answer you’re gonna get on this. Every Trump stan angry over stolen documents leaked to the public deserves it too.

Biden digital team is a buzzsaw.

Nurses are catching covid-19 and dying from it in addition to paying $10,216. You see, if you're a soldier and save a life, you're a hero. If you save 100 lives, you're a nurse.

Back
Top Bottom