• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:1,199]God is Real (1 Viewer)

Angel's Three Theses

God is real as Beauty is real.

God is real as Pain is real.

God is real as Color is real.

God is Real.

Devildavid's Three Thoses

God is fake as Ugly is fake.

God is fake as Numbness is fake.

God is fake as Clear is fake.

God is Fake.

Recent posts cried out for a reprise of this study guide:

Tips For the Perplexed​

Terms

Real = existing
Ideal = of the mind
Experience = of the senses

1. The world is Real. (Naive Realism)
2. The world as experienced is Real. (Empiricism)
3. The world as experienced is Ideal. (Idealism)
4. The world is the Ideal in the Real.

5. Beauty is Ideal.
6. Beauty is experienced in the Real.
7. Beauty is the Ideal in the Real.

8. God is Ideal.
9. God is experienced in the Real.
0. God is the Ideal in the Real.

The world, Beauty, and God all enjoy the same ontological status.

Tips For the Perplexed​

Terms

Real = existing
Ideal = of the mind
Experience = of the senses

1. The world is Real. (Naive Realism)
2. The world as experienced is Real. (Empiricism)
3. The world as experienced is Ideal. (Idealism)
4. The world is the Ideal in the Real.

5. Beauty is Ideal.
6. Beauty is experienced in the Real.
7. Beauty is the Ideal in the Real.

8. God is Ideal.
9. God is experienced in the Real.
0. God is the Ideal in the Real.

The world, Beauty, and God all enjoy the same ontological status.

What does existing entail? What does it mean to exist? Do delusions exist, and if so, does that mean delusions are real?

A timely reminder.

GOD IS REAL

A Note on the Thread
Contrary to 2500 years of philosophy and natural philosophy and 400 years of modern science, as well as the last 15 years of militant atheism, the existence of God is not something to be known; it is not a matter of knowledge, the existence of God. No, the existence of God (to be distinguished conceptually from the nature of God, which is the province of religion and properly so) -- the existence of God is a matter of judgment, of discernment. The existence of God is a value, a value discovered in and through the things of the world. God, the existence of God, is the value discovered in the world by unclouded percipience.

Of what? Your pretentiousness?
Your posts have steadily deteriorated -- at this point they are purely personal derogation, nasty remarks about me personally. Poor form, man. Poor form.

Your posts have steadily deteriorated -- at this point they are purely personal derogation, nasty remarks about me personally. Shame on you.

Lol the irony

Lol the irony
Where's the irony? Be specific. Cite a post wherein I pass nasty remarks about you personally.
You can't. You can't because I haven't posted any such posts.
Therefore, your "Lol the irony" is total bull****.
QED

Where's the irony? Be specific. Cite a post wherein I pass nasty remarks about you personally.
You can't. You can't because I haven't posted any such posts.
Therefore, your "Lol the irony" is total bull****.
QED

Having a meltdown are we?

Having a meltdown are we?
Dodging the challenge, are we? Where's the irony? Be specific. Cite a post wherein I pass nasty remarks about you personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom