• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Virginia mayor urged to resign after saying Biden picked 'Aunt Jemima as his VP'

Let's do the math.

If he is 77 years old that means he was born in 1943, his parents born probably around 1910, his grandparents around 1870.

He was 21 when the civil rights bill was signed. He was 24 when it became legal for blacks and whites to marry (but states fought it for decades).

yep, for sure. i was a saloon singer for many years, and there were multiple times that a barstool conversation turned into the person tentatively throwing n-word jokes my way to test the waters once we got comfortable. coming from a former sundown town, it was difficult to not get pissed, but i generally just steered the conversation away from it. i'm not going to get into an in person racist debate with someone who wouldn't be convinced anyway. i like to keep it light.

somehow, someway, after all these years in the South around those people, i've developed some way of leading them on without letting them go all out. i didn't even know what i was doing until my wife mentioned it probably 15 years ago. i just evolved that way. almost like a game.

somehow, someway, after all these years in the South around those people, i've developed some way of leading them on without letting them go all out. i didn't even know what i was doing until my wife mentioned it probably 15 years ago. i just evolved that way. almost like a game.

i think what i do when it happens in person is that i don't give them either response that they want. they seem to want both almost equally.

but online? oh, the possibilities. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom