• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vaccine skeptic US cardinal on ventilator after Covid diagnosis

madman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Someone else is on their death bed now.

Why would "god" do this to such a man?
There's now cure for the stupid.

Cardinal Raymond Burke, a staunch conservative in the US Catholic church who has emerged as a leading critic of Pope Francis and a vaccine skeptic, was placed on a ventilator just days after testing positive for Covid-19.

“Doctors are encouraged by his progress,” the cardinal’s official Twitter account announced. Supporters were asked to “pray the Rosary for him”.

The 73-year-old, who has frequently been seen maskless in Rome, where he lives, tested positive last Wednesday while visiting Wisconsin.

Burke said then: “Thanks be to God, I am resting comfortably and receiving excellent medical care. Please pray for me as I begin my recovery. Let us trust in Divine Providence. God bless you.”

Last May, Burke spoke out forcefully against Covid-19 vaccines, saying: “It must be clear that vaccination itself cannot be imposed, in a totalitarian manner, on citizens.”

He also said vaccines had been developed “through the use of the cell lines of aborted fetuses” and that “a kind of microchip needs to be placed under the skin of every person, so that any moment he or she can be controlled by the state regarding health and about other matters which we can only imagine”.

I hope that he recovers fully.

Another covidiot.

He's told his sheep that the vaccine is made of dead babies.

He's killing people by telling them this.

I wonder how many people he convinced to kill themselves with COVID

Someone else is on their death bed now.

There's now cure for the stupid.

How could God let this happen to a leading District Manager for the RCC Inc.?

If he dies, what do you want to bet that he gets buried in an unmarked grave with no record of that being kept?

'Gods' don't do anything for people either. That's why all that praying and genuflecting is a waste of time, and we end up with dead bishops and cardinals...
Everyone dies of something. God didn't promise everlasting life here on earth. So what was the priests physical condition before getting Covid? Is he overwieght or does he have diabetes, both which are major contributors to worsening Covid outcome. How old is he, does he have heart or respiratory problems to begiin with? Give the facts.

May God forgive His servan'ts immoral choices and save him.

'Gods' don't do anything for people either. That's why all that praying and genuflecting is a waste of time, and we end up with dead bishops and cardinals...
That's an opinion, yes.

God works in mysterious ways.

Except in this case. In this case, this dude totally deserves it. Nothing mysterious about that.

Everyone dies of something. God didn't promise everlasting life here on earth. So what was the priests physical condition before getting Covid? Is he overwieght or does he have diabetes, both which are major contributors to worsening Covid outcome. How old is he, does he have heart or respiratory problems to begiin with? Give the facts.
Why would I care? We're not friends or related, I don't know the guy.

'God' didn't promise anything. An ancient book written from word-of-mouth anecdotal accounts by numerous disparate authors, many decades after alleged events, did.

Since not a single person has died from COVID-19 in Vatican City, that OBVIOUSLY proves that the Cardinal's position is correct and that all you have to do is pray hard enough and you won't get ill from it.

Obviously that proves that the Cardinal wasn't praying hard enough.

Maybe he was too busy supervising the purging of the records of "RCC Inc." of evidence of sexual and physical abuse by it Regional, District, and Local franchise managers (plus the coverups of the same) to be able to devote sufficient time to praying?

Or, maybe, he just p***ed God off.

Back
Top Bottom