• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Utterly clear case of massive crimes by trump on fraud may be abandoned by new DA

Of course they quit. They were probably were getting death threats from the inbreds

What does being called before a congressional hearing have to to do with testimony at criminal court? Where are Cohen's bonafides to testify at trial about the financial dealings of Trump Org? Is he a CPA? Cohen is a low rent fixer with a law degree from one of the lowest rated law schools in the country. Even if he would be found credible would he be relevant? Oh and Mafia Don's can't hire good criminal attorney's???? Please. Donnie is not even paying his own legal fees any longer. The RNC is paying them.
The whole NY DA investigation started because of Cohen's testimony to Congress a couple of years ago. So yes, he would be a key witness. --

And Cohen worked for the Trump Organization. He was an executive with the company.

The whole NY DA investigation started because of Cohen's testimony to Congress a couple of years ago. So yes, he would be a key witness. --

And Cohen worked for the Trump Organization. He was an executive with the company.

So what.....I am not willing to let the new Manhattan DA off the hook. He can't IMO slither away without commenting on what happened here. But you cannot simply say Cohen Cohen Cohen makes a case here. Do you really think the prosecutors thought Cohen would be a credible and relevant witness? None of their actions would indicate that.

Cohen has been charged and convicted of Perjury for one thing and attached himself to scumbag Donnie for as long as it was in his interest to do so. The perjury convictions really are more relevant than attaching himself to a scumbag for all those years. But taken together any decent attorney will make mince meat out of him on the stand.

On November 29, 2018, Cohen pleaded guilty to lying to the Senate Intelligence Committee and House Intelligence Committee in 2017 regarding the proposed Trump Tower Moscow deal that he spearheaded in 2015 and 2016.

If you think that makes Cohen a credible witness I just don't know what to say. Without a credible flipper and Cohen is not it, the documents for the tax, insurance, real estate and bank fraud elements of the case:
- have to be really strong in showing the ever changing values of properties with no rational
- have to point to Trump and other family members
- must prove intent to defraud

Or this criminal case is going nowhere past Weisselberg and they may not even be able to get Weisselberg beyond the whole apartments and cars and kids educations thing. Nobody really cares about Weisselberg and the apartments crap as anything more than pressure to get him to flip.

Last edited:
He'll skate.

So what.....I am not willing to let the new Manhattan DA off the hook. He can't IMO slither away without commenting on what happened here. But you cannot simply say Cohen Cohen Cohen makes a case here. Do you really think the prosecutors thought Cohen would be a credible and relevant witness? None of their actions would indicate that.
You were arguing that Cohen was not essential to this case....and I was correcting you. Don't try to deny it.

I'm not telling you that you are wrong -- the NY Times is telling you that you are wrong!

The Washington Post is also telling you that you are wrong. --

The question of whether Trump manipulated the valuations of his properties was raised in 2019 by Michael Cohen, a longtime lawyer for Trump, in his testimony to Congress. “It was my experience that Mr. Trump inflated his total assets when it served his purposes, such as trying to be listed amongst the wealthiest people in Forbes, and deflated his assets to reduce his real estate taxes,” Cohen said then. Cohen’s insider accounts helped spark both James’s and Vance’s investigations, according to court filings.

Cohen also testified to Congress about the hush money payments to Stormy Daniels, which is also supposedly being investigated by the NY DA. This shouldn't be that difficult to prove, regardless of how credible a witness that Cohen is. Same thing with the property being over-valued by the Trump Organization.

Last edited:
Personally, I think the DA just got cold feet. Fearing the same kind of political backlash we've heard Merric Garland talk about.

Speculation: any prosecutor charging the president for the first time wants essentially a 100% chance of conviction. This DA may have found some tiny sliver they're worried about like trump claiming that he relied on the people he hired to get it right - something that might get 'reasonable doubt'.

were they bought off.........? one of Trumps favorite tools.

was the previous DA voted out?

Nonetheless that does not make Rump any less guilty..... this does look suspicious.

The previous DA was a planned leave. Not sure if it was term limits or what. There was talk about the need for the new DA to continue the investigation.

You were arguing that Cohen was not essential to this case....and I was correcting you. Don't try to deny it.

I'm not telling you that you are wrong -- the NY Times is telling you that you are wrong!

The Washington Post is also telling you that you are wrong. --

Cohen also testified to Congress about the hush money payments to Stormy Daniels, which is also supposedly being investigated by the NY DA. This shouldn't be that difficult to prove, regardless of how credible a witness that Cohen is. Same thing with the property being over-valued by the Trump Organization.

If Cohen were critical to this case, the prosecutors would not have been trying to get Weisselburg to flip. Cohen does not get it done. He might have value in the Stormy Daniels case. He adds no value to this case. Financial fraud cases are notoriously hard to make as they are documents driven. They needed Weisselberg to get it done. Cohen is simply not adequate to guide a jury through complicated financial documents at the level of "beyond reasonable doubt" and "Intent". I could care less what the NY Times and WAPO think about this case.

All you really need to do is follow the path the Prosecutors now gone were taking. They clearly did not think Cohen could get it done. I would offer that without Weisselberg they had a stronger case just presented as a documents case than letting Cohen take the stand. Get one of the other Trump Org employees to take the stand and simply sit there and nod his head while they presented the documents in evidence. Put somebody up there that the defense would not have killed every time he opened his mouth during cross.

Still....its the new DA that has some splainin' to do:
- why did he slow the case down when he came on board
- why did he stop the prosecutors from putting more people before a grand jury that finishes its work in April
- is he gutless or corrupt or simply unwilling to take a documents case against Donnie and family to trial

He needs to speak up and soon

Back
Top Bottom