• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US launches mass expulsion of Hatian migrants from Taxas

Walking. You have so much heart it makes me humble.
And that's the amazing thing about America; if they qualify for asylum they stay and if they don't we fly them somewhere they do qualify! No more walking.

There’s a legal way to go about that. It isn’t to illegally cross the border, build your own shanty town, and only cry for asylum when border patrol captures you and for a reason that isn’t applicable under the law. The administration has a zero tolerance policy by executive order because of the pandemic.

Your position is not supported by the ACTUAL statute....
Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien’s status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225(b) of this title.

It isn't remotely comical having to read your bigoted commentary.

I find it comical that I am a bigot for not wanting to provide welfare to the globe.

Your position is not supported by the ACTUAL statute....
Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien’s status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225(b) of this title.

(iii)Removal without further review if no credible fear of persecution
(I)In general
Subject to subclause (III), if the officer determines that an alien does not have a credible fear of persecution, the officer shall order the alien removed from the United States without further hearing or review.

Like I said, buh-bye.

I find it comical that I am a bigot for not wanting to provide welfare to the globe.

(I)In general
Subject to subclause (III), if the officer determines that an alien does not have a credible fear of persecution, the officer shall order the alien removed from the United States without further hearing or review.

Like I said, buh-bye.
So I guess if you were made homeless and destitute through no fault of your own you would refuse any federal assistance-because principles matter, right? Yeah, right... 🤣

(I)In general

Like I said, buh-bye.
I can see why you left out the rest of the statute... LMAO...

(ii)Claims for asylum
If an immigration officer determines that an alien (other than an alien described in subparagraph (F)) who is arriving in the United States or is described in clause (iii) is inadmissible under section 1182(a)(6)(C) or 1182(a)(7) of this title and the alien indicates either an intention to apply for asylum under section 1158 of this title or a fear of persecution, the officer shall refer the alien for an interview by an asylum officer under subparagraph (B).

So I guess if you were made homeless and destitute through no fault of your own you would refuse any federal assistance-because principles matter, right? Yeah, right... 🤣

Would I expect another nation to provide for me? Yea, no.

They have been living and working in Latin America for over 10 years. There’s no reason under the law for them to come here and build a shanty town in Texas.

I can see why you left out the rest of the statute... LMAO...

(ii)Claims for asylum
If an immigration officer determines that an alien (other than an alien described in subparagraph (F)) who is arriving in the United States or is described in clause (iii) is inadmissible under section 1182(a)(6)(C) or 1182(a)(7) of this title and the alien indicates either an intention to apply for asylum under section 1158 of this title or a fear of persecution, the officer shall refer the alien for an interview by an asylum officer under subparagraph (B).

See below. Sect 1158 defines the conditions for granting asylum, conditional upon the individual meeting the criteria of refugee as later defined (below). You will note it specifically defines a refugee as I have previously mentioned. Leaving a sh!thole country doens't qualify.

(b)Conditions for granting asylum
(1)In general
(A)Eligibility
The Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General may grant asylum to an alien who has applied for asylum in accordance with the requirements and procedures established by the Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General under this section if the Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General determines that such alien is a refugee within the meaning of section 1101(a)(42)(A) of this title.

(42)The term “refugee” means (A) any person who is outside any country of such person’s nationality or, in the case of a person having no nationality, is outside any country in which such person last habitually resided, and who is unable or unwilling to return to, and is unable or unwilling to avail himself or herself of the protection of, that country because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion, or (B) in such special circumstances as the President after appropriate consultation (as defined in section 1157(e) of this title) may specify, any person who is within the country of such person’s nationality or, in the case of a person having no nationality, within the country in which such person is habitually residing, and who is persecuted or who has a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion. The term “refugee” does not include any person who ordered, incited, assisted, or otherwise participated in the persecution of any person on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion. For purposes of determinations under this chapter, a person who has been forced to abort a pregnancy or to undergo involuntary sterilization, or who has been persecuted for failure or refusal to undergo such a procedure or for other resistance to a coercive population control program, shall be deemed to have been persecuted on account of political opinion, and a person who has a well founded fear that he or she will be forced to undergo such a procedure or subject to persecution for such failure, refusal, or resistance shall be deemed to have a well founded fear of persecution on account of political opinion.

Actually, many of those Haitian ladies & gentlemen are being sent to various American cities,

They will soon be living the American dream.

Actually, many of those Haitian ladies & gentlemen are being sent to various American cities,

They will soon be living the American dream.
...and contributing to the US economy in the process.

...and contributing to the US economy in the process.

All those great benefits! I am sure UK could use the influx of cheap labor, have at it!

The faux outrage at this by righties on this board is disheartening but not unexpected. The outrage is tactical.
Just as it was when the left was outraged when stuff like this happened under trump and yet don’t care at all about it now.

You are not fooling anyone.

All those great benefits! I am sure UK could use the influx of cheap labor, have at it!
The US is already benefiting, as is the UK. You should be grateful that immigrants are helping boost your economy. But no, it's far easier for you to whine about them.

The picture is worth a thousand words. It looks like a reenactment of the slave patrols in the old south but with the wrong wardrobe.

I don't get it.

How are these migrants different from migrants from Latin America?

Haiti's human rights record is horrible so why are these Hatians not even given an asylum hearing?
Is the White House lying again? It seem so!
Some single adult males may be sent back to their country of origin.
Everyone else...... Welcome Free stuff!

Officials: Many Haitian migrants are being released in US​

DEL RIO, Texas (AP) — Many Haitian migrants camped in a small Texas border town are being released in the United States, two U.S. officials said Tuesday, undercutting the Biden administration's public statements that the thousands in the camp faced immediate expulsion.

Haitians have been freed on a “very, very large scale” in recent days, according to one U.S. official who put the figure in the thousands. The official, with direct knowledge of operations who was not authorized to discuss the matter and thus spoke on condition of anonymity

So, the right wingers as usual, talking out both sides of their ass. Biden has open borders. Biden is bad for deporting people. You people are so predictable in your hypocrisy and idiocy

So, the right wingers as usual, talking out both sides of their ass. Biden has open borders. Biden is bad for deporting people. You people are so predictable in your hypocrisy and idiocy
They're simply very confused-it's like telling them to stand in a trash can and piss in the corner...

Of course they do. Look at his approval rating! The replies in this thread downplaying and dismissing these concerns as partisan cheerleading show pretty clearly how Biden voters feel. They are willing to accept and support his actions in exchange for political power.
What downplaying? I see people shooting down the notion that Biden is for open borders.

No, they clearly are not.

USCIS clearly defines who qualifies for asylum. Coming from a third world country with third world problems doesn't make you qualified.

Why do you think even Biden is throwing them back across the sea? You have a united democratic party chucking them out as fast as they can.
People from third world countries are often granted asylum.

See below. Sect 1158 defines the conditions for granting asylum, conditional upon the individual meeting the criteria of refugee as later defined (below). You will note it specifically defines a refugee as I have previously mentioned. Leaving a sh!thole country doens't qualify.

(1)In general
(A)Eligibility
The Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General may grant asylum to an alien who has applied for asylum in accordance with the requirements and procedures established by the Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General under this section if the Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General determines that such alien is a refugee within the meaning of section 1101(a)(42)(A) of this title.

(42)The term “refugee” means (A) any person who is outside any country of such person’s nationality or, in the case of a person having no nationality, is outside any country in which such person last habitually resided, and who is unable or unwilling to return to, and is unable or unwilling to avail himself or herself of the protection of, that country because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion, or (B) in such special circumstances as the President after appropriate consultation (as defined in section 1157(e) of this title) may specify, any person who is within the country of such person’s nationality or, in the case of a person having no nationality, within the country in which such person is habitually residing, and who is persecuted or who has a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion. The term “refugee” does not include any person who ordered, incited, assisted, or otherwise participated in the persecution of any person on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion. For purposes of determinations under this chapter, a person who has been forced to abort a pregnancy or to undergo involuntary sterilization, or who has been persecuted for failure or refusal to undergo such a procedure or for other resistance to a coercive population control program, shall be deemed to have been persecuted on account of political opinion, and a person who has a well founded fear that he or she will be forced to undergo such a procedure or subject to persecution for such failure, refusal, or resistance shall be deemed to have a well founded fear of persecution on account of political opinion.

And? Those determinations are made AFTER they arrive....

(1)In general
(A)Eligibility

The first paragraph gives quite a broad leeway to the secretary of homeland security and the attorney general. Thanks for playing.

Another good example thread of how not to jump on a story until you have the facts.

Unknown-1.jpegOr they just cower from the article altogether, simply because it was brought to them by FoxNews.

It's tribal behavior like that, that keeps them mentally in the dark a majority of the time.
As a great intellectual & oddly at one time the leader of Great Britain once said:
You did not phrase it as a "prediction" though. You said you knew it was true. In fact you spoke like it had already happened.
You did not phrase it as a "prediction" though. You said you knew it was true. In fact you spoke like it had already happened.

OMG!

'In a few weeks it will come to pass that 3/4 of these Haitians will be settled in America regardless of
Title 42. Biden's handlers will bypass that law. Quit being naive!'

The above is what I posted. I didn't post that I knew it was true. How could anyone even me know
somethings true before it happens? That was a prediction if there ever was one. Brush up on your
interpretations of statements!

BTW, the 1st post I made about this Haitian predicament was a prediction to contradict your belief
that Biden under title 42 would send them all back to their land of birth which only showed
that you naively believe everything the Biden administration offers up.

Like I predicted in a few weeks maybe even sooner all, even you, will understand that the majority of
Haitians at the Rio Grande today will be transported around this country sooner or later. Only a few
will be sent back to Haiti!

in this case, they did. Many of them had asylum in the countries they were in. Haiti isn't that far from Mexico or Florida for that matter, but it is a long way from Brazil.
It's just infuriating that we're apparently the only ones who'll even think about taking these people in. Everyone else just pushes them away, with only a few exceptions that I've seen in the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom