• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US Job Market Loses Steam

How is greed to blame? People were trying too hard to make money?

Through loopholes, yes. Tell me, after the dismantling of Glass - Steagal, how much of that increase in profits was the result of actually providing goods and services, instead of speculating and creating artificial bubbles which eventually burst?

Through loopholes, yes. Tell me, after the dismantling of Glass - Steagal, how much of that increase in profits was the result of actually providing goods and services, instead of speculating and creating artificial bubbles which eventually burst?

Loopholes like the CRA for example? Maybe?

j-mac

loopholes:

and:

Opinion: Slouching toward financial reform - Jonathan Macey - POLITICO.com

in his by now completely-forgotten-as-if-it-had-never-been-made state of the union, obama promised to double exports in 5 years

indeed, it was one of his prime planks (for a few minutes)

he's off to a bad start

US suffers widest trade gap in 20 months - Yahoo! News

he promised to cut the deficit in half in 4 years

Deficit in July Totals $165.04 Billion - WSJ.com

his home mortgage program is a "dismal failure," half those he's hamp'ed have already redefaulted (link above---bloomberg)

now we learn this morning:

My Way News - Homes lost to foreclosure up 6 pct from last year

(note that "homeowners with good credit who took out conventional, fixed-rate loans are now the fastest growing group of foreclosures," which is terrifying)

the too-big's are sitting on 1.8T and just won't play, i wonder why

Stocks plunge, hopes wane - The Boston Globe

the president's staff, described above as "exhausted," we learn this sunny thursday is so much so it's "almost traumatized"

(we need a new team, expect significant turnover after november)

Tired aide 'was losing friendships' | POLITICO 44

these largely speak for themselves:

Q2 GDP Growth Could Be Revised To Just 1% After Trade Data

Jobs picture dims as unemployment claims rise - Yahoo! Finance

sources: ap, ibd, wsj, boston globe, politico, august 11 and 12

Last edited:

Are you trying to say that investing doesn't provide goods and services?

ap this am:

My Way News - Watchdog panel cites global impact of US bailout

do you know who ms warren is?

Last edited:
Last edited:
the worst of the recession is over:

the trade gap is at a 20 month hi

jobless claims are UP, net employment DOWN

Q2 gdp is revised down to ONE PERCENT

foreclosures are UP over ominous 09

consumer confidence is near an all time low

the favored f's need 3B MORE

the deficit's pushing TWO TRIL per year

and the perplexed prez proclaims: the worst is behind us

the 64% know better, they're LIVING it

obama's obstinately obtuse, and he's not alone

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…