• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US job growth slowed in March

No one was blameless but, Clinton got that ball rolling.

https://www.investors.com/politics/...ill-not-tax-cuts-caused-the-financial-crisis/

Love that.

First thing Wch, "oh yea" with just a link to an editorial is not a real response. And when you post a link to any editorial that tells you "CRA forced banks blah blah blah" its lying. No ifs and or buts. And your "editorial" did that. And fyi, your "editorial" told you "From 2003 to 2007, the tax cuts helped push real GDP up 15.2%". You know that's pretty much the timeframe of the Bush Mortgage Bubble. Yea, the economy loves a bubble. And Bush tried to credit his tax cuts for the bubble.

We want more people owning their own home in America," Bush said. His goal is to have 5.5 million minority homeowners in the country by the end of the decade.
Touting his tax cuts as the economy's savior — and pointing to the strong housing market as proof — Bush said "more people own their own home now than ever." More than 50 percent of minorities owned their own homes in the last three months of 2003 for the first time ever, the president said.
And while Bush has emphasized promoting home ownership in his federal housing policy proposals, critics say that help for low-income renters and more affordable housing is a much more sorely needed focus.

Bush Ties Policy to Record Home Ownership | Fox News

Just so you know, I also credit his tax cuts for the bubble. He was desperate for something to juice the economy due to the failure of his tax cuts to do anything promised. On a side note, "critics" was Barney Frank. On another side note, start getting your excuses ready for the failure of Trump's tax cuts to do anything promised.

Encouraging economic outlooks bad for Democrats.

Global Economic Prospects

But the Left leaning media and their sycophants keeps posting any bit of negative news it can find.

:lamo

Are you ****ing serious?

From (January 20th) 2009 until 2017, the narrative among conservatives was that every single 100k monthly employment gain was fake, let alone the 200k/300k months. Nearly 17 million full time jobs were created during the Obama administration.

Do you remember the nature of your participation in many of these threads?

I do.

:yt

Buybacks. However the tariffs and threatening trade wars have negated that benefit. Thanks to the ***** grabbing 5 deferment cadet bone spur sitting in the White House.

First you start a thread saying women weren't being raped migrating...
That's not what she said.

Yesterday, it came out and this journey coming up, women are raped at levels that nobody has ever seen before,” Trump said.

She wanted to know where and what the "IT" is i.e. Name the The Source that came out yesterday that said 'women are raped at levels that nobody has ever seen before' .

j-mac said:
now you attack jobs numbers that you know will be revised....you're on a roll today tres, not a good one though...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yes sometimes they are revised. For instance the OP said previous months were revised.
"Job gains for January and February were revised down by a total of 50,000 jobs."

Here are those jobs!!

In addition, Part time jobs for economic reasons are 1 million less, discouraged workers is less than 450k, and wages are up. Looks to me like 2.6 million more employed than when Obama left office. Wonder who those people are going to support

Trump giveth to rich with tax cuts and taketh away from poor labor with tariffs!
/
Stable geniuses lead to Bankruptcy. At least the legal, documented, Court Transcript record indicates that.
/
We screwed!

So do you advocate fining the **** out of those who hire illegals with a per head fine and a percentage reward for turning them in?

If not, you're just supporting a propaganda campaign.

Our economy is basically at full employment. Anyone not employed today is essentially unemployable. The two people I recently hired werent sitting home watching tv, they simply quit there existing job and can to work for me. A better number to check the health of the economy is wage growth.

Employment and wage growth goes up and down monthly. I'm not concerned about a down month or an up month. I'm concerned about our current economic policies since last December and where we are headed.

Employment and wage growth goes up and down monthly. I'm not concerned about a down month or an up month. I'm concerned about our current economic policies since last December and where we are headed.

You can relax. Presidents dont have the power to destroy, or save, the American economy.

You can relax. Presidents don't have the power to destroy, or save, the American economy.

Well, that's the general understanding, but it is not completely true. Rolling back environment laws to increase oil drilling does increase Wall Street investment. Pushing a GOP heavy Washington to massively cut taxes does increase Wall Street investments. Signing off on a massive increase in spending, which contradicts massive tax-cuts, will affect the economy. Trade tariffs do increase prices. This is Trumps doing. He, as the President, gets to own the economic results of leading this charge.

Even taken collectively, those policies will have zero impact on a $21 trillion economy.

That link said nothing about Obama. [and your number are not only wrong but grossly exaggerated]

I stand by my opinion that good economic news is bad for Democrats.

Nice Try. Right now we arguably have the best economy in modern US History, and yet it is still improving.

As every athlete or other achiever knows, once you peak imrovment rates slow.

My God, no one in the business community thinks that Trump policies are bad for business or the economy.

Leftist Democrats are going insane right now because the success of Trump is clear and easy to compare to the failure of Obama.

I actually hope Trump's successor is a hard core Leftist. The economy nosediving and another Obama style era of pessimism and dispare will go a long way toward ending that destructive ideology forever.

Your numbers are a lot easier to understand in graphic form

(Oops, forgot the actual page link to All employees, thousands, total nonfarm, seasonally adjustedthe actual page link as a separate entry.)

That graph looks sort of "flatish" from 2011 onward to me but I am sure that you will point out the massive upsurge that the BLS is deliberately hiding so as to make Mr. Trump look bad.

The total for 2016 is 2204 units. The total for 2017 is 2188 units. 2188 is 99.2740% of 2204. The difference in "job creation" between the last year of Mr. Obama's term and the first year of Mr. Trump's term is 0.7260% (and NOT in favour of Mr. Trump).

You might also find the BLS data on Employed full time (persons who usually work 35 hours or more) interesting.

You might not notice it unless someone points it out to you, so I will point it out to you, but that graph looks remarkably like a statistical straight line from 2011 onward.

However, I have no doubt that you will show everyone how the BLS has deliberately published false data for seven years to conceal the fact that the entire 15,000(ish) units were all added after January 2017.

Last edited:

Obama? Obama walked into the near ****ing DEPRESSION that GW Bush left Obama.
Obama walked into a goddamn 'fixer upper' economy, at best ........

just in case you haven't been paying attention, which certainly seems to be obvious, over the course of the past 100 years every single GOP/Republican POTUS has presided over a recession, or a depression.

If dumbass Trump doesn't destroy the planet with his nuclear toyz then he has plenty of time to join the 'I am a GOP POTUS & I ****ed up the economy, again' clan ........

........... so, keep those silly dreams about a Dem ****ing the economy alive there

Except the shovel ready job stimulus program was signed in February 2009 when Employment was 142 million which of course your chart doesn't show. Going straight up form 2011 to 152 million at the cost of 9.3 TRILLION dollars doesn't seem to be much of a straight up line to me especially since employment when the recession began was 146 million. So from 2007 to 2017 employment went up 6 million and it has gone up another 3 million since Trump took office.

BLS doesn't provide false data but if you are going to use the numbers you use the chart associated with the official unemployment data not the employment data. Unemployment rate is the number of unemployed divided by the labor force from the unemployment link

You want to give Obama credit for increasing employment from 2011 to 2017 but not blame for taking it down from 2009-2011.

Here is the official BLS data in a form that everyone can understand and use to compare

And by the way TOTAL employment matters to the taxpayers as that affects debt service.

You might find this BLS Report Current and real (constant 1982-1984 dollars) earnings for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls, seasonally adjusted interesting.

From FEB 17 to FEB 18, "real wages" rose by 0.63420% while the CPI rose by 2.26012%. On the other hand "non-constant dollar" wages went up by 2.90697% so it looks like the average worker made a much bigger gain then 66 cents per $100 dollar of income that they actually made.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…