• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US economy to contract 2pc this year, says Fed

celticlord

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
US economy to contract 2pc this year, says Fed - Telegraph

New Federal Reserve forecasts predict that the world's biggest economy will contract by as much as 2pc this year, an increase from the 1.3pc contraction previously estimated.

Last month Dear Leader was saying the economy was improving.

Just yesterday he was saying things were getting back to normal.

I don't expect any President to magically wish the economy into instant prosperity, but it would be nice for the current President to at least have a grasp on the real state of the economy.

US economy to contract 2pc this year, says Fed - Telegraph

Last month Dear Leader was saying the economy was improving.

Just yesterday he was saying things were getting back to normal.

I don't expect any President to magically wish the economy into instant prosperity, but it would be nice for the current President to at least have a grasp on the real state of the economy.

The role of our President in this economic appears to be very similar to the Iraqi Information Minister during the American Invasion... "They will never make it, they have been stopped before our walls"... As he runs down the street.
No body believes that President's optimism is a reflection of the current state of the economy. I just don't think anybody would rather have Obama point out the painful obvious.

The role of our President in this economic appears to be very similar to the Iraqi Information Minister during the American Invasion... "They will never make it, they have been stopped before our walls"... As he runs down the street.
No body believes that President's optimism is a reflection of the current state of the economy. I just don't think anybody would rather have Obama point out the painful obvious.
Certainly it's no fun to hear bad news. Still, talking about how good its getting when the statistics paint a different picture can only serve to undermine any nascent confidence in economic recovery that might be germinating. If telling the truth is not a good idea, he should be content to be silent--for once.

Certainly it's no fun to hear bad news. Still, talking about how good its getting when the statistics paint a different picture can only serve to undermine any nascent confidence in economic recovery that might be germinating. If telling the truth is not a good idea, he should be content to be silent--for once.

I feel that if he were to keep silent, then there would just be a thread about him keeping silent. I see him as a Basketball coach with 5 minutes left in the First Half and his team is down by 35 points. Sure, there is a second half and there should be an attempt to come-back, but what the hell do you do whenever you call time-out, or you are supposed to talk to your team? Just wait for the second half? You guys suck? We are losing? Remain silent?

Even through silence everyone knows what is going on. The team is not stupid. They are the ones losing the ball every 5 seconds, getting fouled, etc.

If your team lost by 4 goals last week and loses by 2 goals next week, would you say your team is improving?

Back
Top Bottom