• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US ambassador angers Poles with letter to prime minister

From ABC News

US ambassador angers Poles with letter to prime minister

The U.S. ambassador to Poland has triggered anger on social media with a letter allegedly sent to the prime minister that takes his government to task over its treatment of a U.S.-owned independent television station.

The letter on embassy letterhead and signed by Ambassador Georgette Mosbacher circulated in Polish media Tuesday. It misspells the last name of Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki and addresses him with the wrong title.

COMMENT:-

Mr. Trump hires only the **B*E*S*T** people, doesn't he?​

He's appointed a fashion designer to be ambassador to South Africa. Her qualifications are 1. she can speak Afrikaan, 2. she's white and 3. she's a member of trump's whites only private resort Mar-lar-go.

Trump certainly hires only the BEST people.

What is your issue with this?

You don't even know if the ambassador sent the letter.

But you, on the other hand, know that the Ambassador didn't send the letter - right?

You know this because, not only has the Ambassador denied sending the letter, but the US government has also issued an official denial that the Ambassador sent the letter AND not only has the Polish government supported that denial but it has officially denied that the letter was ever received by the Polish government - right?

But you, on the other hand, know that the Ambassador didn't send the letter - right?

You know this because, not only has the Ambassador denied sending the letter, but the US government has also issued an official denial that the Ambassador sent the letter AND not only has the Polish government supported that denial but it has officially denied that the letter was ever received by the Polish government - right?

It says in your OP "with a letter allegedly sent to the prime minister".

Like I said even you don't know if the letter was sent.

It says in your OP "with a letter allegedly sent to the prime minister".

Like I said even you don't know if the letter was sent.

No, since I have not personally witnessed the letter being written, dispatched, received, and read, I do not "KNOW" that the letter was actually sent.

On the other hand I DO know that:

1. the Ambassador HAS NOT denied sending the reported letter;
  2. the Ambassador HAS NOT denied the reported content of the reported letter;
  3. the Polish government HAS NOT denied receiving the reported letter;
  4. the Polish government HAS NOT denied the reported content of the reported letter;
  5. the White House HAS NOT denied that the reported letter was sent; and
  6. the White House HAS NOT denied the reported content of the reported letter.

Not only that, but if there were no such letter I DO know that:

1. the Ambassador WOULD HAVE denied sending the reported letter;
  2. the Ambassador WOULD HAVE denied the reported content of the reported letter;
  3. the Polish government WOULD HAVE denied receiving the reported letter;
  4. the Polish government WOULD HAVE denied the reported content of the reported letter;
  5. the White House WOULD HAVE denied that the reported letter was sent; and
  6. the White House WOULD HAVE denied the reported content of the reported letter.

From the combination of the above ten factors, I draw the conclusions that:

1. the reported letter (most likely) WAS sent;
  2. the content of the reported letter WAS (most likely) essentially what it was reported as being;
  3. the Ambassador DID (most likely) send the reported letter; and
  4. the White House WAS (most likely) fully aware of the reported content of the reported letter BEFORE it was sent.

Now I do admit that drawing conclusions from absences is sometimes risky, but in this case I feel that the risk is about as great as drawing the conclusion that it is night time from the absence of the Sun in the sky.

Now, would you please like to provide me with the logic which compels you to conclude that no such letter exists.

PS - "Because Donald Trump has not said that it exists." simply isn't going to make it as a logical basis for any conclusion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom