• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Updated chart shows obamacare's bewildering complexity

How complicated was it before obamacare? The government is a complex thing.

Actually it looks like something someone made up to make the new legislation look bad

Congressman Kevin Brady

Is there an official source on this or do we have to take this guy's word?

obama_chart.jpg

Brady admits committee analysts could not fit the entire health care bill on one chart. "This portrays only about one-third of the complexity of the final bill. It’s actually worse than this."

thcat.jpg

1.21 Gigawatts!!?

Until I see something official, I just see it as being another campaign tool for whatever Republicans to wave around saying, "See, this is what they gave us." They had something similar back during its debate.

Still waiting for some verification

What? You want Obama to verify this is what he's up to?

The Journolists?

Our Leftist representatives didn't even bother to read the entire bill before voting, and the Journolists had their pom-poms out... and now this chart has you asking for verification? ROTFLOL...

I hope some Journolist does give it a go... and then reports it.

BTW... it doesn't take much to make this legislation look bad... it's un-American, passed by anti-Americans.

Last edited:
Zimmer, Hoplite doesn't care what some chart says. He was told Obamacare = Good, and that's all that matters. Charts, from some guy that doesn't like it? Obviously it's just BS cause Obamacare = Good, and that chart does not show Good, thus it cannot reflect the reality that is Obamacare.

Zimmer, Hoplite doesn't care what some chart says. He was told Obamacare = Good, and that's all that matters. Charts, from some guy that doesn't like it? Obviously it's just BS cause Obamacare = Good, and that chart does not show Good, thus it cannot reflect the reality that is Obamacare.

i call bull****, there's no way anyone could figure out whether that chart shows good, bad or otherwise.

What? You want Obama to verify this is what he's up to?

The Journolists?

Our Leftist representatives didn't even bother to read the entire bill before voting, and the Journolists had their pom-poms out... and now this chart has you asking for verification? ROTFLOL...

I hope some Journolist does give it a go... and then reports it.

BTW... it doesn't take much to make this legislation look bad... it's un-American, passed by anti-Americans.

Strike two

I want you to show me verification that the chart you linked to is indeed genuine and is either something the administration itself put out or can be verified to be accurate using official material.

Yes, how DARE I ask for proof of an unsourced mspaint document.

Last edited:
"Pass it to see it"... now we can see it, and Leftists don't like the fact it's out there and want it buried.
Only in Leninville.

Hoplite:

Wouldn't you know it... FOXNEWS is the only network doing the job of a journalist... and people wonder why they kick ass?
Is it not worthy of discussion? If so, where is the remainder of the Journolists? This has been out for many weeks. Seems they are at their Journolist Best, colluding and conspiring with their Leftist allies in an attempt to bury this illustration of the healthcare monstrosity they foisted on us?

If it were a dog that didn't hunt, the Dems would have let the mailer of this chart go; but they blocked information being sent to the electorate.

Now why would they do that?
And why have barely any Journolists covered this?

Democrats Censor Mailing of Health Care Bill Chart
by Connie Hair
07/24/2009

Republican Rep. Kevin Brady (R-Texas) also found himself being censored yesterday by Democrats who refused to allow mailings that included a chart (pdf) he asked his Republican staff at the Joint Economic Committee to create...

...The Democrats are refusing to let newsletters that include the chart be mailed. I spoke with Brady late yesterday about the dustup and asked him how the chart was created.

“I asked [Republican committee staff] to go through the Democrats’ health care bill, the tri-committee bill that they unveiled last week, provision by provision and identify all the new agencies these provisions mandate, and how their plan would work, how it all flows together,” Brady said. “The flow chart that comes out of it shows 31 new agencies, commissions and mandates that come between patients and their doctors.”

Since he’s got it all figured out in a chart, I asked Brady if he could explain how the Health Choices Commissioner we reported yesterday works into this whole complicated Democrat scheme.

“That’s the key agency, that’s the heath czar, that’s the one who picks ultimately the winners and losers,” Brady said. “There is a Health Choices administration that is directed by the commissioner but there are also several groups that feed into this. One is the Bureau of Health Information, but the key one is the Comparative Effectiveness Research Commission. That’s the rationing group. They’re the ones who compare treatments and surgeries and outcomes and ultimately would decide, depending on your age and your healthcare under this new government-run plan, can you receive that dialysis if you’re over 70 years old? Are you in good enough health for this treatment? Is it cost effective because you’re a certain age? Much of that all feeds into the Health Czar.”

Brady’s staff told me yesterday that they had found an approval by Democrats and Republicans alike for franked mail sent back in 1993 that included a similar chart that attempted to explain HillaryCare.

“I have never seen such an outrageous example of censorship since I’ve been in Congress,” Brady said. “It tells me that the Democrats are frightened that people will see how their government takeover of health care works. … I think they’re trying to block this because the public is really hungry for information and the chart really does give them their first good look it and they are saying absolutely not. Not for America.”

Democrats Censor Mailing of Health Care Bill Chart - HUMAN EVENTS

Last edited:
Do you have anything besides the dipstick who put this out verifying that everything is where it allegedly is?

Assuming that this is real, I have to ask, so what? Yes it's a complicated system, most private systems are just as complicated, just not as visual.

Do you have anything besides the dipstick who put this out verifying that everything is where it allegedly is?

Assuming that this is real, I have to ask, so what? Yes it's a complicated system, most private systems are just as complicated, just not as visual.

I think the lack of intellectual curiosity from the Journolists, and the fact the Dems blocked this from going out in a mailer says volumes. The fact CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, NYT, WaPo, haven't so much as touched this.

4-months was spent going through all 2801 pages (of course this is only the beginning), and charted what they found.

LOL... I look forward to seeing this being discussed by the Journolists, their papers and networks... I really do. Until then we have what the Representative stated about the chart, FOXNEWS and Democrats blocking this from being mailed to the public.

You tell me... why would the Dems block such a mailer? If it was flawed, they'd want it out there... so they could smack it down.

1.21 Gigawatts!!?

Until I see something official, I just see it as being another campaign tool for whatever Republicans to wave around saying, "See, this is what they gave us." They had something similar back during its debate.

So you would believe Obama lies and finger pointing?
MG_119.gif

I think the lack of intellectual curiosity from the Journolists, and the fact the Dems blocked this from going out in a mailer says volumes. The fact CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, NYT, WaPo, haven't so much as touched this.

4-months was spent going through all 2801 pages (of course this is only the beginning), and charted what they found.

LOL... I look forward to seeing this being discussed by the Journolists, their papers and networks... I really do. Until then we have what the Representative stated about the chart, FOXNEWS and Democrats blocking this from being mailed to the public.

You tell me... why would the Dems block such a mailer? If it was flawed, they'd want it out there... so they could smack it down.

:eyeroll: Forget it, I have no desire to keep throwing bricks in the Grand Canyon

i call bull****, there's no way anyone could figure out whether that chart shows good, bad or otherwise.

I didn't say it did or did not. So your BS call, fails.

I said the CHART DOES NOT SHOW GOOD. Unless there is some crazy new definition of good in which that chart would fall, however I for one am unaware of this definition.

Why not? You believe McConnell's and Boehner's. Kool-ade is kool-ade, whether it's cherry or blueberry.

Wrong the CBO says healthcare will cause the deficit to increase. Obama has created a huge government department through healthcare.

Back
Top Bottom