• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Upcoming German federal election (Sept. 26): Who would you vote for ?

?

• CDU/CSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SPD

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • AfD

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • FDP

• Left

• Greens

• Free Voters

• The Party

• Others (post)

• Total voters
I don't know enough about any of the parties to say really. Based solely on the names I would guess CDU, CSU, or FDP would line up closest to my beliefs.

I don't know enough about any of the parties to say really. Based solely on the names I would guess CDU, CSU, or FDP would line up closest to my beliefs.

I don't think so.

You describe yourself as slightly liberal in US terms, I guess you'd be more likely an SPD/Green/FDP/FW voter there.

CDU/CSU are more Kasich-, Hogan-, Romney-, Baker-style Republican parties.

I do not understand American politics, let alone German politics.

But I would vote for any German party that wanted to set a reasonable limit to the number of ladies & gentlemen entering from other countries.

If any lady or gentleman entered without permission, I would like the German government to gently and humanely assist him/her to return to his/her homeland (along with a generous financial incentive).

My party is not listed - it is the ÖDP. :)

I do not understand American politics, let alone German politics.

But I would vote for any German party that wanted to set a reasonable limit to the number of ladies & gentlemen entering from other countries.

If any lady or gentleman entered without permission, I would like the German government to gently and humanely assist him/her to return to his/her homeland (along with a generous financial incentive).

You're looking for the fascist party, AFD.

Germany + fascism. What could possibly go wrong.

@ ÖDP

The Ö does not stand for Österreich (Austria), as some think.
But for Ökologisch "Ecological".

@ Ecological Democratic Party

More about this party:

The Ecological Democratic Party (German: Ökologisch-Demokratische Partei, ÖDP) is a conservative[4][5][6] and ecologist[7] political party in Germany. The ÖDP was founded in 1982 as a federal party and is the legal successor of the Green Action Future (Grüne Aktion Zukunft), the Green List for Environmental Protection (Grüne Liste Umweltschutz) and the Ecological Politics Working Group (Arbeitsgemeinschaft Ökologische Politik).[8][third-party source needed]

The strongest level of voting support for the ÖDP is in Bavaria, where in federal state elections they have remained stable with 2% of the votes since 1990, and at municipal level have increased their mandate count in 2014 from 320 to around 380.[9][third-party source needed] After the 2019 European elections, the party was represented in the European Parliament by Klaus Buchner, who resigned in 2020. He was replaced in the European Parliament by Manuela Ripa. The ÖDP is a member of the World Ecological Parties.

Do you know if the number of political parties in the US who are going to be "officially allowed onto the ballot" in 2022 and/or 2024 is ___ more or ___ less than 54?

Depends on the state and race.

Most states only have D+R plus maybe Green+Libertarian and a few others on it.

Some states have more than 20 or so.

Some states have only D+R.

I don’t think any state has as much as 54 parties on the ballot though.

Anything not fascist and not going backwards would get my vote.

Depends on the state and race.

Most states only have D+R plus maybe Green+Libertarian and a few others on it.

Some states have more than 20 or so.

Some states have only D+R.

I don’t think any state has as much as 54 parties on the ballot though.

The question was "How many would be 'officially allowed' to be on the ballot?" and whether that would be more or less than 54.

At present the Greens have some problems with their top candidate:

German Green party candidate Annalena Baerbock under fire​

The Greens are slipping in the polls, as the party's top candidate has had to correct her curriculum vitae, acknowledge a delay in reporting additional income and battle plagiarism allegations.

Back
Top Bottom