• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Universal Mail-In Voting

Noodlegawd

Somebody you used to know
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Does anyone know which states had universal mail-in voting (i.e. they mailed a ballot to every person eligible to vote, without it being requested) in 2016?

Also, for those states implementing it in 2020, will that result in a significant decrease in the locations at which their citizens can vote in person?

Does anyone know which states had universal mail-in voting (i.e. they mailed a ballot to every person eligible to vote, without it being requested) in 2016?

Also, for those states implementing it in 2020, will that result in a significant decrease in the locations at which their citizens can vote in person?

Arizona. In fact, in 2006, they tried to make mail in the primary means of voting.

Arizona Right to Vote By Mail, Proposition 205 (2006) - Ballotpedia

I don't know about anyone else.

Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah, and Washington all have primary mail-in systems. I believe Hawaii is moving to the system this year.

Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah, and Washington all have primary mail-in systems. I believe Hawaii is moving to the system this year.

Do you have to request a ballot or does it automatically go through the mail?

There's none, except for maybe Colorado, Utah, Oregon, Washington and Hawaii.

Trump's complaint doesn't make much sense.

I live in Washington. You have to register. They don’t just send out ballots willi nilli.

I live in Washington. You have to register. They don’t just send out ballots willi nilli.

Do they send mail-in ballots to all registered voters, or just those who specifically request mail-in ballots?

By the way, the tax on weed in CA is about $20/oz. Anyone stupid or stoned enough to risk going to jail over that probably ought to be locked up anyway, or at least prohibited from operating any kind of machinery or possessing sharp objects.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom