• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unity v Uniformity

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
We have been hearing calls to “unite” juxtaposed with calls to investigate subversive acts committed by domestic terrorists. We have heard calls for “unity” juxtaposed with commentary centered on white supremacy. We have heard calls for “unity” juxtaposed with panicked commentary about COVID.

We are being told that we need to “unite” while at the same time being told that the people we’re supposed to unite with are white supremacists or climate deniers or just plan “human garbage”. We are told that if our political ideology doesn’t match that of the majority then we are part of the problem, not part of any potential solution. How is one supposed to “unite” with a group that opposes everything they believe in?

We aren’t.

While the word being used is “unite” that’s merely for purposes of promoting a political agenda. What they really want is uniformity. Our political leaders want everyone to think and act the same. They want everyone to have the same needs, same wants, same goals and same concept of success. They want us to help them build a nation where outcomes are generally equalized and we can stand proud while gazing on the glory of the politicians that “united” us.

Unity does not come at the barrel of a gun. One can not be harassed, disparaged and punished into “unity”. Under those circumstances they might be encouraged to conform as a matter of survival but they will never be unified.

Unity comes from the sharing of common goals while also respecting the goals and needs of others. We are, for example, the United States and our Constitution preserves and protects the rights of those separate states. We are unified as a nation without the requirement that we also be uniform in our policies and practices.

While the word being used is “unite” that’s merely for purposes of promoting a political agenda. What they really want is uniformity. Our political leaders want everyone to think and act the same. They want everyone to have the same needs, same wants, same goals and same concept of success. They want us to help them build a nation where outcomes are generally equalized and we can stand proud while gazing on the glory of the politicians that “united” us.

Unity does not come at the barrel of a gun. One can not be harassed, disparaged and punished into “unity”. Under those circumstances they might be encouraged to conform as a matter of survival but they will never be unified.

Unity comes from the sharing of common goals while also respecting the goals and needs of others. We are, for example, the United States and our Constitution preserves and protects the rights of those separate states. We are unified as a nation without the requirement that we also be uniform in our policies and practices.

What uniformity are you concerned about or oppose? What are to you being told by democrats or liberals that we must all think and act the same

What uniformity are you concerned about or oppose? What are to you being told by democrats or liberals that we must all think and act the same

I love it when liberals play dumb.

We have been hearing calls to “unite” juxtaposed with calls to investigate subversive acts committed by domestic terrorists. We have heard calls for “unity” juxtaposed with commentary centered on white supremacy. We have heard calls for “unity” juxtaposed with panicked commentary about COVID.

We are being told that we need to “unite” while at the same time being told that the people we’re supposed to unite with are white supremacists or climate deniers or just plan “human garbage”. We are told that if our political ideology doesn’t match that of the majority then we are part of the problem, not part of any potential solution. How is one supposed to “unite” with a group that opposes everything they believe in?

We aren’t.

Think of it this way - when you find a rotting apple you don’t toss it in the barrel with the healthy produce and just hope it goes away.

We are being told that we need to “unite” while at the same time being told that the people we’re supposed to unite with are white supremacists or climate deniers or just plan “human garbage”. We are told that if our political ideology doesn’t match that of the majority then we are part of the problem, not part of any potential solution.

I thought Biden was fairly clear yesterday that "unity" doesn't include the white supremacists and domestic terrorists, like the cop-killers who stormed the Capitol to overturn our democratic process.

If you're one of them, bye.

Biden is being a politician.

No one wants to unite.

You lost. You have no voice. You are the victim of your own self-defeating choices.

That is all.

I love it when liberals play dumb.
Why don't you tell me how you will be persecuted by Joe Biden and liberals because I'm not aware of it due to the fact that I never received my George Soros, AOC, Bernie, and Hillary's underground pizza shop decoder ring.

I thought Biden was fairly clear yesterday that "unity" doesn't include the white supremacists and domestic terrorists, like the cop-killers who stormed the Capitol to overturn our democratic process.

That's the game Democrats play. They get to define "Who" is labeled white supremacists or domestic terrorists. Not just during the Capitol riots. Could be your average American who didn't do a thing except vote for Trump and now label them both.

Yeah, why do they remove all doubt about themselves by pleading for uniting with white supremacists and domestic terrorists?

They should be condemning them. They have infected their party.

That's the game Democrats play. They get to define "Who" is labeled white supremacists or domestic terrorists. Not just during the Capitol riots. Could be your average American who didn't do a thing except vote for Trump and now label them both.
It is up to those other R's to say, 'I was wrong. Party leadership lied to me and I reject all those who claim the election was stolen and especially those insurrectionists carrying flags supporting Republicans'. How about it. Did Joe Biden win a free and fair election that didn't have statistically significant voter fraud last November? Yes/No

Correct. Your claim isn't completely insane, as it would appear to anyone with an IQ over 65. Tucker Carlson's opinion, by which I mean your opinion, is right.

The left has already started rounding up the Trump supporters.

Your wish has come true. You aren't just another spoiled, entitled American.

You are a victim.

Congratulations on finally achieving your goals.

Anyone who gets nervous when Joe Biden denounces white supremacy has a screw loose.

That is all.

It is up to those other R's to say, 'I was wrong. Party leadership lied to me and I reject all those who claim the election was stolen and especially those insurrectionists carrying flags supporting Republicans'. How about it. Did Joe Biden win a free and fair election that didn't have statistically significant voter fraud last November? Yes/No

Just as I expect the D's to say they were wrong to blame Russia for stealing the election. Just ain't gonna happen.

Correct. Your claim isn't completely insane, as it would appear to anyone with an IQ over 65. Tucker Carlson's opinion, by which I mean your opinion, is right.

The left has already started rounding up the Trump supporters.

Your wish has come true. You aren't just another spoiled, entitled American.

You are a victim.

Congratulations on finally achieving your goals.

Sarcasm duly noted and largely ignored.

It doesn't matter if it happens or not.

Trump supporters are impotent now.

Irrelevant.

Yes. Those terms have been tossed around quite a bit this past year. They haven't really been defined because, like the term "unity", they are part of the propaganda campaign.

The left often talks of "racial equality" and "white supremacy" and "systemic racism" and such but the terms are never defined and requests to define them are most often either disparaged as being proof of racism or of evidence that anyone not "woke" is too damned stupid to understand them. That's what makes their use propaganda and now the term "unity" falls into that same category.

You will not get an answer to this question other than 'No' with no supporting evidence, or a whataboutism.

The last day or so has revealed that the belief that the "average" GOP voter is a white supremacist domestic terrorist is far more widespread on the right than on the left.

Yes. Those terms have been tossed around quite a bit this past year. They haven't really been defined because, like the term "unity", they are part of the propaganda campaign.

The left often talks of "racial equality" and "white supremacy" and "systemic racism" and such but the terms are never defined and requests to define them are most often either disparaged as being proof of racism or of evidence that anyone not "woke" is too damned stupid to understand them. That's what makes their use propaganda and now the term "unity" falls into that same category.

Can you define them?

I agree, there probably are various working interpretations of these terms depending on whom you talk to.

Mine for example tends to run along the lines of "anyone who supported birtherism, spread it or excused it" - I'm sure it's not a perfectly accurate definition but for the purpose of political discussion and debate, it's been an adequate working definition for me. Admittedly the last few years have blurred the picture a bit, but for me the picture has always been blurry. After all, it wasn't easy being bullied, as a brown-skinned person, when growing in a predominantly black Mississippi community, then being bulled, as a brown-skinned person, when we moved to an entirely white Texas community. Racism knows few bounds.

The last day or so has revealed that the belief that the "average" GOP voter is a white supremacist domestic terrorist is far more widespread on the right than on the left.

Ahh...you played a perfect example of just what I was talking about, thanks!

We aren’t.

Okay, Tucker.

Mindboggling that folks who think terms like "domestic terrorist" and "white supremacist" are so broad that maybe they fall into them think they're victims of something.

I agree, there probably are various working interpretations of these terms depending on whom you talk to.

Mine for example tends to run along the lines of "anyone who supported birtherism, spread it or excused it" - I'm sure it's not a perfectly accurate definition but for the purpose of political discussion and debate, it's been an adequate working definition for me.

Someone wanting to throw away millions of Black votes?

It doesn't matter if it happens or not.

Trump supporters are impotent now.

Irrelevant.

Just like the ones who claimed Trump would never be President, then ran and won.

Back
Top Bottom