• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Ukraine is the Wests Fault': Mearsheimer Told Us So — In 2014

The Raj.

The British Raj (/rɑːdʒ/; from Hindi rāj: kingdom, realm, state, or empire[2][a]) was the rule of the British Crown on the Indian subcontinent from 1858 to 1947.[4][5][6][7] The rule is also called Crown rule in India,[8] or direct rule in India.
Ok. So what? That doesn’t make India part of Britain, it merely means the Indian authorities who were legally distinct from British authorities were under subordinate rule.

Crimea was a constituent part of the Russian state and not a foreign land ruled under imperial administration.

Ok. So what? That doesn’t make India part of Britain, it merely means the Indian authorities who were legally distinct from British authorities were under subordinate rule.

Direct rule... I would imagine Her Majesty Victoria, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland Queen, Defender of the Faith, Empress of India would disagree with your claim if she were here.

Direct rule... I would imagine Her Majesty Victoria, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland Queen, Defender of the Faith, Empress of India would disagree with your claim if she were here.
Her title is empress of India was legally distinct from that of Great Britain and Ireland. Now you are showing severe ignorance as to how the monarchy worked as applied to British overseas territories and dominions. This doesn’t surprise me however.

Her title is empress of India was legally distinct from that of Great Britain and Ireland. Now you are showing severe ignorance as to how the monarchy worked as applied to British overseas territories and dominions. This doesn’t surprise me however.

Direct rule.

🤣

Direct rule.

🤣
And? So what? What is your point?

I mean, even if your very wrong view of India and its relationship with Great Britain is correct, it doesn’t matter. Because putting India as a direct analog to Crimea and using it as an example of how borders change, only justifies Russian reunification with Crimea.

If true, then Russia is 100 miles from NATO countries. A reasonable person would suggest a summit to agree on the mutual minimal distance from the common border that a deliverable nuclear weapon should be stored...not invading and destroying Ukraine.

You are anti-war aren't you?

I don't think he is. He's just a contrarian.

No, it’s not.

You can’t boil down complex geopolitical issues to simple crimes involving two people.
Its not complex, its Russia being an aggressor for the sake of Putin's ego.

Its not complex, its Russia being an aggressor for the sake of Putin's ego.
Disputed, and no.

Russia has repeatedly taken the position for years they won’t tolerate NATO or their weapons in Ukraine.

Ukraine was given far more chances than Iraq was, and that was in part launched because to quote George W, “God told me to”

Disputed, and no.

Russia has repeatedly taken the position for years they won’t tolerate NATO or their weapons in Ukraine.

Ukraine was given far more chances than Iraq was, and that was in part launched because to quote George W, “God told me to”
Its not disputed by anyone who is a serious debater.

Right, Putin's ego.

Ok
Its not disputed by anyone who is a serious debater.

Right, Putin's ego.

Well regardless the majority of Russians agree with the war and support stopping Ukraine from hosting weapons against their country. It’s far beyond ego at this point

Ok

Well regardless the majority of Russians agree with the war and support stopping Ukraine from hosting weapons against their country. It’s far beyond ego at this point
They are heavily propagandized, unfortunately.

Dumb lefties: “Ukraine will resist to the last man, 20 year insurgency! Slavya Ukrana! My hot pockets are ready, good luck Azov!

Also lefties: how dare Russia attack a nation that’s 100% civilians!

So what is the righties approach to the war? Go Vlad!?

The fact is that Russia started a war and made our military bases relevant again. Never again can Putin's Russia be accepted in the world of nations. They must be shunned until they rid themselves of their power hungry madman.
Russia was an existing Great Power prior to the existence of the USSR. They were a Great Power just like France, Germany Britain, etc. As such, they've always had their spheres of influence and their red lines.
It's the United States which has been a later remote power inserting itself into Europe from the other side of the world, causing destabilization as it did so.
Woodrow Wilson repressed political critics at home, so that he could plunge America into World War 1, siding against Germany. The result was the Treaty of Versailles, and the later rise of Adolf Hitler.
Theodore Roosevelt fanned militarism of Imperial Japan by supporting them in a war against the Russians in the far east. Imperial Japan were like the older version of the Afghan jihad, and just farther east, with the blowback being Pearl Harbor rather than 9-11 attacks on NYC.

Your unending warmongering makes you ridiculous hypocrites against Trump, who mainly wants to focus on rehabilitating America with his 'America First' agenda.
Liberals have made themselves into willing conduits for imperialism, while falsely accusing Trump of this.

Russia was an existing Great Power prior to the existence of the USSR. They were a Great Power just like France, Germany Britain, etc. As such, they've always had their spheres of influence and their red lines.
It's the United States which has been a later remote power inserting itself into Europe from the other side of the world, causing destabilization as it did so.
Woodrow Wilson repressed political critics at home, so that he could plunge America into World War 1, siding against Germany. The result was the Treaty of Versailles, and the later rise of Adolf Hitler.
Theodore Roosevelt fanned militarism of Imperial Japan by supporting them in a war against the Russians in the far east. Imperial Japan were like the older version of the Afghan jihad, and just farther east, with the blowback being Pearl Harbor rather than 9-11 attacks on NYC.

Your unending warmongering makes you ridiculous hypocrites against Trump, who mainly wants to focus on rehabilitating America with his 'America First' agenda.
Liberals have made themselves into willing conduits for imperialism, while falsely accusing Trump of this.
You know damn well who started this war so stop the foolishness. It makes you look like a stooge.

Dumb lefties: “Ukraine will resist to the last man, 20 year insurgency! Slavya Ukrana! My hot pockets are ready, good luck Azov!

Also lefties: how dare Russia attack a nation that’s 100% civilians!
Putin will lose this war sooner or later. And bombing hospitals, schools and theaters is attacking civilians. Stop sounding like a nazi.

Virtually every nation accepts Putin’s Russia. China, Mexico, Brazil, India, and South Africa are not going along with sanctions, virtually none of Africa is, and even European countries are only going with sanctions on appearances while approving massive carve outs for themselves. Copium is bad for you.
You are proud of those that support the attacking of a sovereign nation? Putin will regret this make no mistake about it. The Russian people are in for a bumpy ride for the next decade. Hopefully they will realize what they need to do to rejoin the world.

You know damn well who started this war so stop the foolishness. It makes you look like a stooge.
War was happening before Putin invaded. People were dying in shelling and rocket bombardment well before Putin invaded. Been going on for 8 years. There are plenty of photos and testimonials showing this. But you'll just declare anything that doesn't conform to your bias as "Russian propaganda". Because the lives of Russian minorities don't matter to you.

Can you give me a simple Yes or No answer: Do the lives of Russian minorities in Ukraine not also matter?

I agree with some of his conclusions, but he really screwed up on one of the biggest issues, which was Putin was too smart to ever invade Ukraine since it would result in a quagmire and tremendous damage to Russia. At least he was right about the result. The part about Putin being smart, not so correct.

Also, he skirted what I think is a major issue to the Russians, and that is the growth of ultra-Ukrainian nationalism. There were quite a few Ukrainian nationalists who cooperated with Hitler during WWII, and the Russians aren’t particularly keen on folks today revering these guys as heroes. When Putin refers to “fascists,” these are the people he thinks are a threat to Russia and wants to eliminate. Apparently, the Russians are convinced these neo-Nazis instigated the violence at the Maidan Uprising, which resulted in the removal of Viktor Yanukovych, who was friendly to the Russians. So these folks gotta go. I really think Putin wants to completely and forever destroy Ukraine as an independent nation and annex the entire country.

“Stooge.” 😂. That was one of my favorite communist words during the Cold War, another one being “hooligan.” The Soviets has a complete library of crimes with silly names for people who ended up dead or in the Gulag.

Back
Top Bottom