• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Uber CEO drops out of trump's business advisory council

randel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Uber CEO drops out of Trump's business advisory council - Feb. 2, 2017

[h=2]In a shocking about face, Uber CEO Travis Kalanick has dropped out of President Trump's business advisory council.[/h]Kalanick said he was not participating because of the president's immigration order in a memo to employees.

"Earlier today I spoke briefly with the president about the immigration executive order and its issues for our community," Kalanick said in the memo obtained by CNN. "I also let him know that I would not be able to participate on his economic council. Joining the group was not meant to be an endorsement of the president or his agenda but unfortunately it has been misinterpreted to be exactly that."

(snip)

[h=2]In a shocking about face, Uber CEO Travis Kalanick has dropped out of President Trump's business advisory council.[/h]Kalanick said he was not participating because of the president's immigration order in a memo to employees.

"Earlier today I spoke briefly with the president about the immigration executive order and its issues for our community," Kalanick said in the memo obtained by CNN. "I also let him know that I would not be able to participate on his economic council. Joining the group was not meant to be an endorsement of the president or his agenda but unfortunately it has been misinterpreted to be exactly that."

(snip)

Sounds like he's backing down from the liberals snowflake e-mail spam brigade. I'm fine with this as he has to respect his customer base, even if they're a bunch of idiots.

(snip)

Whar an asshole. Think I'll go see if he's on Facebook so I can tell him in person.

Cityfolk aren't pleased with the Muslim ban.

Whar an asshole. Think I'll go see if he's on Facebook so I can tell him in person.

He is an asshole because he does not believe in Trumps immigration policies?:doh

I think he is doing Trump a favor by indicating up front he could not rubber stamp his policies.

He is an asshole because he does not believe in Trumps immigration policies?:doh

I think he is doing Trump a favor by indicating up front he could not rubber stamp his policies.

No, he's an asshole because he accepted the position and resigned. Why do you say it had to do with his immigration policies?

Never mind, I see now. I'm guessing many of his drivers are immigrants...

No, he's an asshole because he accepted the position and resigned. Why do you say it had to do with his immigration policies?

So if you have second thoughts about a job and quit you are an asshole.

Got it.

So if you have second thoughts about a job and quit you are an asshole.

Got it.

Well, actually I've had second thoughts after realizing he accepted before the EO travel ban.

Gosh, I'm sure that will just wither him....

There wouldn't' have been any rubber stamping of anything. It was a chance for him (and other business leaders) to try to shape Trump's policy impacting business.

He quit because of all the complaints from those on the left.

I suspect next election will be just as big a surprise as the last one, as people will be afraid to let others know they support Trump.. so no one will know there are trump supporters.

There wouldn't' have been any rubber stamping of anything. It was a chance for him (and other business leaders) to try to shape Trump's policy impacting business.

He quit because of all the complaints from those on the left.

I suspect next election will be just as big a surprise as the last one, as people will be afraid to let others know they support Trump.. so no one will know there are trump supporters.

How much shaping do you think he could have done? He seems more "my way or the highway" than looking for input from varied sources.

More likely, his software developers.

By your definition, you will be seeing a wave of "a-holes" leaving the White House over the course of the year.

How much shaping do you think he could have done? He seems more "my way or the highway" than looking for input from varied sources.

Quite a bit, presumably.

"unfortunately it has been misinterpreted to be exactly that."(snip)
This is the real reason. He was being pressured by people because THEY misinterpreted his decision to join the business council (an activity designed to improve the jobs outlook for America and its citizens) as supporting the immigration policy.

Lets not forget...the same people that 'misinterpreted' that also 'misinterpreted' his decision to NOT gouge UBER riders when the cab drivers staged their little hissy fit. He was trying to do something good for his customers and instead got punished because he didnt shut down UBER altogether while the strike was going on.

(snip)

Got 'im! :thumbs:

This is the real reason. He was being pressured by people because THEY misinterpreted his decision to join the business council (an activity designed to improve the jobs outlook for America and its citizens) as supporting the immigration policy.

Lets not forget...the same people that 'misinterpreted' that also 'misinterpreted' his decision to NOT gouge UBER riders when the cab drivers staged their little hissy fit. He was trying to do something good for his customers and instead got punished because he didnt shut down UBER altogether while the strike was going on.

Exactly. Most Liberals want everyone to be unemployed just like them.

(snip)

Does this mean something? Meh.

he is getting the pushback he deserves for his actions....

Uber drops out. Oh no. Disney, company that that owns a pile of movie studios, A&E, Marvel Entertainment (comics), ESPN, 538 Politics and ABC (all left leaning) drops out. I bet everyone is relieved. Yay for them!!!! Good deal.

(snip)

Not all that surprised really. His business has enough of a bad rep. Why make it worse?

Back
Top Bottom