• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. trade deficit hits 10-year high; private hiring slows

Nostradamus.

As for the prediction you made, there are other factors at work causing the uncertainty in the market; a part of that has to do with this administration's trade policy with China. Aside from that other areas have been hit because of slowing sales and demand; the tech sector's been hit pretty hard with normally top performers like Apple and Google taking hits.
I'm not saying it will be their fault just that they will be blamed. They may intentionally try to stall the economy if they can but trump will blame them if it slows down no matter what the reason is. Just like the dems will blame trump for everything they can, true or not. It's just how they play the game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

[h=1]Reuters: U.S. trade deficit hits 10-year high; private hiring slows[/h]

Another example of getting tired of winning.

I just can't remember who said, "trade wars are good and easy to win." I hope he has another realization, like the one that he had about health care ("who would have known that health care could be so complicated.")

I am sympathetic that rapid growth in globalization has hurt some American workers, and an import surge after 2000 disrupted industries and communities. But a Trump's trade war is only exacerbate the damage.

How anybody could have thought this would cure the trade gap is beyond me. This was only going to make things worse.

US consumers are still as hungry for goods as ever, now they just pay a bit more and have a bit less in their pocket to buy American goods. Now with the trade war US products have been made more expensive so odds on that the EU and other countries are looking for other options or better yet US companies have started production outside the US to circumvent the added import duties.

All in all this was bound to lead to a bigger trade deficit. The US consumer needs foreign goods way more than non-US customers need US goods. Don't want to be blunt but it is true. If product A from the US used to cost 10 Euro's and now costs 13 euro's and a similar product from inside the EU is sold for 11 Euro's, guess which product I am going to buy. THE CHEAPER ONE!!!!!

The US is slowly pricing itself out of the market by mr. America First aka the Tariffman. Trade wars seldom work.

I believe that "The **O*F*F*I*C*I*A*L** List" (start from the top and work down if the chosen "Responsibilityizer" doesn't work) is:

1. Crooked Hillary;
  2. Rotten Obama;
  3. Ugly Pelosi;
  4. Stupid Sanders;
  5. the Democratic Party;
  6. elected Democrats;
  7. weak-kneed, so-called, "Republicans";
  8. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "A";
  9. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "B";
  10. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "C";
  11. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "D";
  12. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "E";
  13. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "F";
  14. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "G";
  15. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "H";
  16. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "I";
  17. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "J";
  18. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "K";
  19. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "L";
  20. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "M";
  21. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "N";
  22. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "O";
  23. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "P";
  24. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "Q";
  25. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "R";
  26. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "E";
  27. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "U";
  28. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "V";
  29. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "W";
  30. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "X";
  31. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "Y";
  32. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "Z";
  33. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with letters other than "TRUMP" (in exactly that sequence), whose Christian names are NOT "Donald John", and who was NOT born on June 14, 1946 at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, New York City, New York, in the United States of America;
  34. The Easter Bunny;
  35. The Tooth Fairy;
  36. Santa Claus;
  37. The Lizard People from Arcturus;
  38. Satan;
  39. some one related to a person whose last name starts with the letters than "TRUMP". whose Christian names are NOT "Donald John", and who was NOT born on June 14, 1946 at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, New York City, New York, in the United States of America;
  40. the Bogyman;
  41. inevitable fate; and
  42. God's Will.

although that list might not be complete.

Damned right that list isn't complete.

Where is Chuck Schumer? :)

If the economy tanks it will be because of the house Democrats.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nice. They haven't taken over and you have already blamed them for trumps failed economic policies.

Nice. They haven't taken over and you have already blamed them for trumps failed economic policies.

That's called "Being Proactive.".

Remember, if the Democrats had NOT won a majority in the House of Representatives then Mr. Trump's economic policies would not have failed because then the Republicans would have had two years to get them working - an opportunity that they simply never had.

Back
Top Bottom