• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. officials provided Taliban with names of Americans, Afghan allies to evacuate

jmotivator

Computer Gaming Nerd
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

U.S. officials in Kabul gave the Taliban a list of names of American citizens, green card holders and Afghan allies to grant entry into the militant-controlled outer perimeter of the city’s airport, a choice that's prompted outrage behind the scenes from lawmakers and military officials.
The move, detailed to POLITICO by three U.S. and congressional officials, was designed to expedite the evacuation of tens of thousands of people from Afghanistan as chaos erupted in Afghanistan’s capital city last week after the Taliban seized control of the country. It also came as the Biden administration has been relying on the Taliban for security outside the airport.

But the decision to provide specific names to the Taliban, which has a history of brutally murdering Afghans who collaborated with the U.S. and other coalition forces during the conflict, has angered lawmakers and military officials.

“Basically, they just put all those Afghans on a kill list,” said one defense official, who like others spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive topic. “It’s just appalling and shocking and makes you feel unclean.”

Just when I thought the Biden administration's stupidity had hit bottom they get a bigger shovel...

They just turned over a kill list to our enemies as they were taking over Kabul.

“They had to do that because of the security situation the White House created by allowing the Taliban to control everything outside the airport,” one U.S. official said.. The Taliban has gone door-to-door in search of Afghan interpreters and others who helped U.S. and Western forces. In written and verbal communications, Gen. Frank McKenzie, commander of U.S. Central Command, and Rear Adm. Peter Vasely, head of U.S. forces on the ground in Afghanistan, have referred to the Taliban as “our Afghan partners,” according to two defense officials.

I'm just stunned at the incompetence of the Biden administration.

Just when I thought the Biden administration's stupidity had hit bottom they get a bigger shovel...

They just turned over a kill list to our enemies as they were taking over Kabul.

Do you think if Taliban kills many people on that list, Joe will just let is slide?

Secondly, how exactly are people supposed to go through Taliban checkpoints to get to the airports if Taliban does not know who to let through?

What nitwit thought this was a good idea?

**** me....*face palm*

They're going to torture those people to death and bury the pieces in pits, then tell us they could not find them.

"Furious" does not begin to describe how I feel about the handling of the right choice (pulling out). And no, that doesn't exculpate Trump at all for his role. This is just... I..

And not just that. Furious at myself for voting Biden but ALSO furious at the rest of America for leaving that the only pragmatic choice (what's a vote for the libertarian going to do but help Trump, in the rare instance that MA doesn't go D for pres? Have you seen the LP platform? Even their tax policy alone would instantly bankrupt and destroy the federal government, aka, the United part of the United States of America). Furious at Trumpists who praise Trump while fighting vaccines and masks despite there being hundreds of thousands of dead Americans who did not have to die from COVID; at Trumpists who pretend to care about Afghanis and our dead servicefolk, but only to the extent that it forms a basis to attack Biden (where's the fury at Bush and Trump, and all the deaths under them for continuing the war?).

Furious at this, at that, at the other thing. And no, "stepping away" won't help because it's not DP that's the problem. It's reality. (Ok, that was originally "realty", which kinda gave me a needed chuckle. DAMM THOSE HOUSES!)

Last edited:
Do you think if Taliban kills many people on that list, Joe will just let is slide?

Secondly, how exactly are people supposed to go through Taliban checkpoints to get to the airports if Taliban does not know who to let through?

The individuals were showing their paperwork to pass through, but it was revealing themselves to Taliban militants in ones and twos and then vanishing back into the crowd. This list enables any Taliban forces to simply look up where they live and go to their house and hang them.

There are already wide spread reports of Afghanis whose work with the US would have put them on that list being pulled from their homes and shot.

And no, that doesn't exculpate Trump at all for his role.

You are REALLY going to need to learn to let that go, this isn't on Trump. This became Biden's plan the minute he pushed the deadline to August 31st... the plan to evacuate everyone before the Taliban spring offensive began was disastrously altered once the deadline was moved to the middle of the Taliban Summer offensive.

The individuals were showing their paperwork to pass through,

Think about it... How did "paperwork" get to them? And why would not Taliban people at check points execute them then?

but it was revealing themselves to Taliban militants in ones and twos and then vanishing back into the crowd. This list enables any Taliban forces to simply look up where they live and go to their house and hang them.

Are you saying addresses were provided with the names? Please show us where it says that.

Also, please tell us why you think Taliban would distribute the list to everyone?

Taliban leaders should know (I imagine) that if the people on the list start getting executed, US just may have to come back and hunt them (specifically the leaders who got the list) down like they did with Bin Laden...

Taliban leaders want us to leave last time I checked.

Last edited:
You are REALLY going to need to learn to let that go, this isn't on Trump. This became Biden's plan the minute he pushed the deadline to August 31st... the plan to evacuate everyone before the Taliban spring offensive began was disastrously altered once the deadline was moved to the middle of the Taliban Summer offensive.
You are gonna have to let this go. This certain issue is on Biden. The overall isn't.

Everybody knows US policy can change every four years when a new President and Congress are elected. Too bad for our Afghan allies in this case Biden was elected president with a Democrat run Congress to support him.

They're going to torture those people to death and bury the pieces in pits, then tell us they could not find them.

Yeah, there's no denying this was a **** up of epic proportions.

Ok folks... maybe I am missing something but if you read my posts #4 and #11, perhaps you can explain...

Ansolutely zero chance this is accurate. There's no way in hell anyone could possibly be this stupid.

I'm sure Biden (with the full support of his most trusted advisor Kamala Harris) made a double pinky promise with Taliban not to make trouble while we're exiting the Islamic Emirates of you know where. Now there's a dozen US troops dead at last count and more critical. But hey, Biden said if they do anything while we're leaving there will be a swift reaction.

*crickets*

Think about it... How did "paperwork" get to them? And why would not Taliban people at check points execute them then?

Well, for one, we probably don't know how many people outside the range of news cameras and military were in fact murdered on sight.

But those people who have been following the State Department order to shelter in place became sitting ducks for any Taliban looking to kill apostates and infidels.

As I have been saying for days now, those who were touting the "great job" by the Biden administration on this evacuation just two days ago just don't know the scope of the tragedy outside the reach of cameras. We can't even start to assess the level of this tragedy until all hope for potential evacuees are gone.

I wish I didn't have to be the doom and gloom guy.. but people really need to understand what is actually happening and how we got there.

Are you saying addresses were provided with the names? Please show us where it says that.

I don't know what was on the list, but I would presume that having enough PII to accurately identify these individuals on the street would also be enough to look up their home address.

Also, please tell us why you think Taliban would distribute the list to everyone?

The same reason they are currently executing Afghanis in the streets of Afghan cities all over Afghanistan at this very moment. They are monsters, they burn women to death for bad cooking. They are CURRENTLY executing the people who would be on that list... why wouldn't they distribute it?

Taliban leaders should know (I imagine) that if the people on the list start getting executed, US just may have to come back and hunt them (specifically the leaders who got the list) down like they did with Bin Laden...

Why would they think that? What in Biden's history would make them think their would be reprisals. I mean, and that really applies to all American presidents ever, when they commit to withdrawing they have also closed the door on admitting it was a mistake.. sending troops back in to start a shooting war would require first admitting a mistake.

Taliban leaders want us to leave last time I checked.

Yep, and they also want their enemies to die... and that is Americans and about 250,000 Afghanis. They would likely risk a war by killing Americans, but not for killing fellow Afghanis. And even then, if they can kill some Americans in the fog of war when they know they'd end up as MIA rather than KIA in the US news, they'd likely kill them too. It's what they do.

I'm not sure what else the Taliban would have to do to prove they are untrustworthy than what we've seen over the past several months. To give them a list like this doesn't make sense at all. Those names, in my opinion, should only be kept by US personnel to extract those people and that's it. This seems pretty daft regardless of what behind the scenes talks may have gone on.

Well, for one, we probably don't know how many people outside the range of news cameras and military were in fact murdered on sight.

But those people who have been following the State Department order to shelter in place became sitting ducks for any Taliban looking to kill apostates and infidels.

As I have been saying for days now, those who were touting the "great job" by the Biden administration on this evacuation just two days ago just don't know the scope of the tragedy outside the reach of cameras. We can't even start to assess the level of this tragedy until all hope for potential evacuees are gone.

I wish I didn't have to be the doom and gloom guy.. but people really need to understand what is actually happening and how we got there.

Is your position that Taliban HAS in fact been killing people at checkpoints by the airport but not a single camera saw it, not a single agency reported it?

Even if so, people had been going through AND making it into the airport.

Having a list of names of who should pass through would NOT change that reality either way.

You also never answered how Afgans trying to leave would have the "paperwork" and then how Taliban people would know whether it's acceptable?

I don't know what was on the list, but I would presume that having enough PII to accurately identify these individuals on the street would also be enough to look up their home address.

I don't know why you assume that. Even if so, again, who has access to that list? Would not same people who need to let people through the checkpoints need to know if they are good to let through?

The same reason they are currently executing Afghanis in the streets of Afghan cities all over Afghanistan at this very moment. They are monsters, they burn women to death for bad cooking. They are CURRENTLY executing the people who would be on that list... why wouldn't they distribute it?

In war, attrocities happen at local level all the time. It does not mean generals distribute target list to the whole army, unless the general WANT the army to kill them.

We'll see but I would guess Taliban leaders know if any significant number of people on that list get killed after the list was given, that would put a prime target on their heads ala Bin Laden. I'd think that's a good motivation for them to make sure those people do NOT die.

Being on that list might SAVE some lives if I am right.

Why would they think that? What in Biden's history would make them think their would be reprisals. I mean, and that really applies to all American presidents ever, when they commit to withdrawing they have also closed the door on admitting it was a mistake.. sending troops back in to start a shooting war would require first admitting a mistake.

You don't need a full scale invasion to kill Taliban leaders in retribution for the lives of people on that list... Ask Bin Laden... And yes, Biden was there when Bin Laden met a small team of Americans on that night. Taliban were probably reminded of that.

Yep, and they also want their enemies to die... and that is Americans and about 250,000 Afghanis. They would likely risk a war by killing Americans, but not for killing fellow Afghanis. And even then, if they can kill some Americans in the fog of war when they know they'd end up as MIA rather than KIA in the US news, they'd likely kill them too. It's what they do.

Maybe a few... If it happens to many people on the list though, I sure hope there would be consequences that were made clear in no uncertain terms.

Ok folks... maybe I am missing something but if you read my posts #4 and #11, perhaps you can explain...

1. Why execute them in public when they can just kick their doors in at 2 AM as is traditional.

2. The ONLY reason they would behave is that they have ISIS K breathing down their necks.

Another thing to consider is that the chance that list didn't fall into ISIS's hands is somewhere between Jack and shit, and Jack already got on the plane.

1. Why execute them in public when they can just kick their doors in at 2 AM as is traditional.

Nothing stops them from doing so today.
2. The ONLY reason they would behave is that they have ISIS K breathing down their necks.

Or because they don't get US special forces to kill them

Another thing to consider is that the chance that list didn't fall into ISIS's hands is somewhere between Jack and shit, and Jack already got on the plane.

Taliban leaders wanting to live is a good incentive.

And again, without the list, how are Taliban supposed to know who to let through?

FFS.....please tell me this is a mistake or satire; what ****ing brain trust thought this was even remotely a good idea?? 😖

FFS.....please tell me this is a mistake or satire; what ****ing brain trust thought this was even remotely a good idea?? 😖

Your guess is as good as mine. But this was from the same brain trust that apparently believed that we'd still have an Embassy in Kabul after the Taliban took over..

But seriously, who the **** did these people think they were evacuating from?

Reactions: Bum

Jesus wept.

They must be held accountable!

Back
Top Bottom