• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

U.S. Military Covertly Pays to Run Stories in Iraqi Press

Deegan said:
I don't think it does, especially when they can see the progress with their own eyes. I hear this was about rebuilding, new hospitals, schools, etc, this is easy to confirm with just a glance.

If they can see the progress with their own eyes, why did we need to pay for these stories? Whose benefit was this for, Iraqis, Americans, or just the Bush admin.?

independent_thinker2002 said:
If they can see the progress with their own eyes, why did we need to pay for these stories? Whose benefit was this for, Iraqis, Americans, or just the Bush admin.?

An Iraqi in Baghdad does not always know what is happening in Mosuel, or Najaf, or Tikret. I think the point was to get the news out to Iraqi's, not Americans, and the benefit would be for all on the ground, we all know nothing will change the minds of people here.

Deegan said:
An Iraqi in Baghdad does not always know what is happening in Mosuel, or Najaf, or Tikret. I think the point was to get the news out to Iraqi's, not Americans, and the benefit would be for all on the ground, we all know nothing will change the minds of people here.

Either it is easy to confirm with "just a glance" or it isn't. Which is it? This confirms my point that since they cannot confirm it, they may not believe it.

Either it is easy to confirm with "just a glance" or it isn't. Which is it? This confirms my point that since they cannot confirm it, they may not believe it.

Now you're just being difficult. Of course they would need to get themselves there, but at least they would now know where to go should they need the service, or want to witness the improvements for themselves.:roll:

Deegan said:
Now you're just being difficult. Of course they would need to get themselves there, but at least they would now know where to go should they need the service, or want to witness the improvements for themselves.:roll:

Ok, this begs the question, why isn't the Iraqi media covering this already? Or is the Iraqi media full of "liberal hacks" who don't want Bush to succeed?

Ok, this begs the question, why isn't the Iraqi media covering this already? Or is the Iraqi media full of "liberal hacks" who don't want Bush to succeed?

I answered this already, they are much like we are, only selling papers with bad news. Liberals in Iraq, now that's funny.:rofl

I think the problem here is cultural. As Americans, as naive as it may seem, we see ourselves as being fair, sportsmanlike, honest and we expect our fellow compatriots to live by that code. I say naive because in reality we all know that not all Americans live by that code. If they did there would be no John Dillinger's, Al Capones or Jesse James0 in out society. We even try to make out villians look a little better. So when we see something like this it just kind of goes against the grain of what we think and feel that an American should be. Rather than indignant we feel deceived an disappointed. And that in itself is a good thing IMO.

FinnMacCool said:
Well thats the question isn't it? Are we really doing whats best for them or whats best for ourselves?

I don't care how justified propaganda seems, its morally wrong no matter what. Its not only deceiving but its insulting. And whats even worse is when gov'ts invade other countries and take over their newspapers. Its all a bunch of ****ing bullshit.

You can't get the truth out in this country from the liberal media......Its good to see the truth getting out in Iraq even if we have to pay for it......

Money well spent..........

Navy Pride said:
You can't get the truth out in this country from the liberal media......Its good to see the truth getting out in Iraq even if we have to pay for it......

Money well spent..........

It's amazing how the liberal media blows up busses to make the Bush admin. look bad. You sound as if they were reporting schools blowing up instead of opening up. Nice propaganda.

Back
Top Bottom