• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. has ‘credible information’ Russians are creating lists of Ukrainians to be killed or sent to camps

Bush2 invaded Iraq on the flimsiest of evidence of WMD. It was a pre-emptive invasion without having had any aggressive act against the US by Iraq. The first such invasion in US history.

'United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan stated in September 2004 that: “I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view and the UN Charter point of view, it [the war] was illegal” '

Our politicians can mouth, and rightfully so, that Putin/Russia is committing War Crime (illegal War of Aggression) and/or Crimes Against Humanity, but there is nothing official of any effect they can do about it.

Nothing legally prescribed by international law.

As in almost all cases, when a bad guy with a weapon needs to be stopped suddenly and against his wishes, it usually requires a good guy with a weapon to do the stopping.

It appears that Zelenskyy is the Good guy. We need to assure he has the weapon(s) he needs.

Nothing legally prescribed by international law.

As in almost all cases, when a bad guy with a weapon needs to be stopped suddenly and against his wishes, it usually requires a good guy with a weapon to do the stopping.

It appears that Zelenskyy is the Good guy. We need to assure he has the weapon(s) he needs.

I gave you evidence of what was "legally prescribed by international law". You gave none to refute. Your reply is non-responsive.

Another soapbox opportunity for code to go 2A.

We're still not giving Zelensky enough quickly after having failed to begin building up armament sooner. That's on the US and Europe.

I don't recall the US ever waging war for the purpose of annexing another country.
Hawaii, Puerto Rico and a bunch of islands in the Pacific. Not to mention, the Confederate States of America, and large parts of New Mexico, California and those places. And of course the annexation and genocide against the native Americans.

Whataboutism does not excuse the here and now of Putin invading a sovereign country and the absolutely brutality of it. I'll be the first to say not one major nation does't have blood on its hands. But can we focus on deterring one of the greatest threads of the modern free world and stay on the topic of the thread? This whataboutism is a terrible waste of time.

I gave you evidence of what was "legally prescribed by international law". You gave none to refute. Your reply is non-responsive.

Another soapbox opportunity for code to go 2A.

We're still not giving Zelensky enough quickly after having failed to begin building up armament sooner. That's on the US and Europe.

Do you believe the Second Amendment applies in Ukraine?

International Law is a silly idea. Without enforcement, no law is a law. Maybe a suggestion. Maybe a good idea. Not a law.

Hawaii, Puerto Rico and a bunch of islands in the Pacific. Not to mention, the Confederate States of America, and large parts of New Mexico, California and those places. And of course the annexation and genocide against the native Americans.

Anything in our lifetimes Pete?

The Louisiana Purchase was buying stolen land. Westward was stealing land.

Anything in our lifetimes Pete?
Lol that is your requirement? How about the Chaos Islands the US "rented" from the British, but only after the British were told to kick out all the natives?

Lol that is your requirement? How about the Chaos Islands the US "rented" from the British, but only after the British were told to kick out all the natives?

Funny how you ignore centuries of European crimes against humanity Pete.

They don't count? Or you don't care?

And good old Britain committed many crimes in the colonies.

Funny how you ignore centuries of European crimes against humanity Pete.

They don't count? Or you don't care?

And good old Britain committed many crimes in the colonies.

Employing selective recall is often step before the stones are cast.

Do you believe the Second Amendment applies in Ukraine?

International Law is a silly idea. Without enforcement, no law is a law. Maybe a suggestion. Maybe a good idea. Not a law.

Your 2A question regarding Ukraine is just another typical code diversion from the fact of my post which refuted your claim "Nothing legally prescribed by international law."

Int'l law has little enforcement capabilities. But when enforced by military action, it's pretty dang serious. Such as the first Iraq war and the 1999 bombing of Yugoslavia. There are also those individuals successfully prosecuted for human rights violation. Regardless how often int'l law is prosecuted, the point of my post clearly refutes your claim. The refutation of what you said stands.

Back
Top Bottom