• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. and Canada Reach Deal to Salvage Nafta

I'm sure that is how the Canadian press is reporting it. In reality, the Canadian hand was forced when Mexico signed on to the new framework, and the sudden attention from the Canadians after that announcement is the tell.

As usual mis-informed bull**** from the most lying administration.

My country is not at all like yours, which is a mistake always make in their ****ing arrogance. That post does NOT take into account that our media has not sold out and the proof, sir, is in the resignations of the politicians who screw up. Ours are forced out, your's are hidden by a white house cloak

When the United states of America can go ONE YEAR without bloodied bodies on school house floors THEN we can have a discussion of our two countries...as it stands you're not even civilized.,

President Donald Trump celebrated a trade deal with Canada and Mexico to replace NAFTA as a “historic” win that vindicated his strategy of threatening tariffs on trade partners.

Trump called the accord “the most important trade deal we’ve ever made by far.” He predicted the agreement would “easily” pass Congress.

Donald Trump hails Canada, Mexico trade pact as a ‘great deal’ for all sides
Canadian dairy farmers critical of new USMCA trade deal, says it will have ‘dramatic impact’ on sector

The new agreement makes modest revisions to a trade deal Trump once called a “disaster,” easing uncertainty for companies reliant on tariff-free commerce among the three countries. U.S. stocks climbed on Monday toward records, while the Canadian dollar and the Mexican peso gained. The S&P 500 Index climbed 0.6 per cent by 12:29 p.m. in New York.

Trump cited in particular provisions governing automobiles, raising the portion of their content that must originate within the region to 75 per cent and requiring at least 40 per cent of a car to come from workers whose pay averages more than US$16 per hour. He called those rules “the most important thing” for him.

“We will be manufacturing many more cars,” Trump promised. “And our companies won’t be leaving the United States, firing their workers and building their cars elsewhere. They no longer have that incentive.”

Trump also called the agreement “a very, very big deal for our farmers.” He said the U.S. negotiated more favorable terms for exporting dairy and produce.

Trump said he would continue steel and aluminum tariffs on Mexico and Canada “until such time as we can do something different,” adding that might include quotas, “so that our industry is protected.”

U.S. and Canadian negotiators worked around the clock this weekend to secure an agreement just before a Sunday midnight deadline, allowing leaders from those nations and Mexico to sign the pact by late November. The 24-year-old NAFTA will now be superseded by the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement, or USMCA, covering a region that trades more than US$1 trillion annually.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called it a “good day for Canada & our closest trading partners” in a tweet. Jesus Seade, the NAFTA negotiator for Mexican President-elect Andres Manuel López Obrador, said “NAFTA 2 will give certainty and stability to trade.”

https://business.financialpost.com/...t-credits-tariffs-strategy-for-clinching-deal

As usual mis-informed bull**** from the most lying administration.

My country is not at all like yours, which is a mistake always make in their ****ing arrogance. That post does NOT take into account that our media has not sold out and the proof, sir, is in the resignations of the politicians who screw up. Ours are forced out, your's are hidden by a white house cloak

When the United states of America can go ONE YEAR without bloodied bodies on school house floors THEN we can have a discussion of our two countries...as it stands you're not even civilized.,

LOL. It wans't long ago when your country was refusing to do the very thing it ended up doing.

And WHY did Canada do an about face in late August? Because, just DAYS before Canada came scurrying back to the negotiation table the US and Mexico announced they had brokered a new trade deal.

I realize that Canadians have a hard time coming to terms with the fact that Trump out maneuvered them, but he did.

But hey, it is a good deal for everyone, Trump just needed to drag Trudeau kicking and screaming across the line.

LOL. It wans't long ago when your country was refusing to do the very thing it ended up doing.

And WHY did Canada do an about face in late August? Because, just DAYS before Canada came scurrying back to the negotiation table the US and Mexico announced they had brokered a new trade deal.

I realize that Canadians have a hard time coming to terms with the fact that Trump out maneuvered them, but he did.

But hey, it is a good deal for everyone, Trump just needed to drag Trudeau kicking and screaming across the line.

It's just unfathomable to our northern friends that their brilliant 'feminist' PM could get taken by our supposedly incapacitated, idiot of a president. I mean honestly, how does that happen?

It's just unfathomable to our northern friends that their brilliant 'feminist' PM could get taken by our supposedly incapacitated, idiot of a president. I mean honestly, how does that happen?

Clearly it's the Russians.

Boy, when you drink cool aid you do the "big gulp"...

not one original thought in the whole thing and the only thing you got right was Trudeau is a feminist, so was his father, so am I and so is most of Canada.

Once again we see Yankees trying to understand a foreign country through their own bias, they think everyone is as corrupt as they are.

But a word to the wise, after having covered a few or more trade talks between our two countries as well as others, no one "wins" no one "loses", it's all horse trading. We let you have another 3% of our dairy market and we keep chapter 19.

Does it cause you actual physical pain that Trump made Trudeau his bitch by gaining concessions from Canada and giving up nothing in return?

We've been hearing for months, now, that Trudi was going bitch slap President Trump and how Canada was going to wash her hands of the U.S. (before they figured out that 60% of their food comes from the U.S.) and how this was going to be President Trump's undoing, while Canada cruised right along and the U.S. collapsed like The Walking Dead.

Did that happen, or is Canada hopping onboard?

I'm starting to think that most Trump supporters honest to god think that american politics should be more like professional wrestling where the loudest and most crude person who gets the most attention is somehow the winner. Has any trump supporter ever said the words "if only we could open up Canada's dairy market! Oh that would be an absolute amazing achievement if we could find a president willing to make it possible for us to sell milk to Canada!"? It seems like they are so desperate for a win of any kind that they are willing to just act as though only Trumps brilliance could have brought us the ability to sell some Milk to Canada even though he cancelled a deal that would have allowed us to sell some milk to Canada. It's mind boggling. We can't even have an honest debate on the actual agreement. It's just "Oh! He's our bitch now! He's gonna let us sell Milk! OMG we won! Now give me my championship belt and play my theme song!"

The largest employer in the United States does not make any jobs. We are done.

Now you are deflecting.

The point of the USMCA isn't for any of the countries to gain Walmart service jobs. But, like I said, nobody wants to close Walmarts.

CNBC....

After the U.S. agreed to a trade deal with Canada, CNBC's John Harwood told MSNBC that most of the improvements on the deal were on Trump's desk, "the day he walked into office" as they were negotiated by President Obama.

Minutes before Trump was going to hold a presser to discuss the trade deal with Canada, John Harwood gave Craig Melvin some insight about what had actually happened.

"Is it a win for the president?" Melvin asked.

CNBC's editor at large said it was better to have a deal in place for the U.S. economy which may open up of Canada's dairy market, than not, since Trump ripped up NAFTA.

Harwood said, "but most of the improvements on the deal were on the president's desk the day he walked into office. They were negotiated by President Obama and his counterparts in Canada and Mexico as part of the Transpacific Partnership which president Trump quickly threw in the trash can.

He continued, "Mostly this is re-labeling."

And as predicted, the sales pitch is yet another con by Trump which his followers will lap up like miners buying a cure all lotion from a traveling salesman riding a donkey driven cart with a giant sign "Dr. Trumps Magic Elixer, it cures all that ails you".

Now you are deflecting.

The point of the USMCA isn't for any of the countries to gain Walmart service jobs. But, like I said, nobody wants to close Walmarts.

There is more then Walmart. There is raw ore produced in Canada that is ship around the world. There is lumber that is sold to America. Plus, there will be more service jobs with American companies within Canada to increase market share. There will be more jobs for truck drivers.

There is more then Walmart. There is raw ore produced in Canada that is ship around the world. There is lumber that is sold to America. Plus, there will be more service jobs with American companies within Canada to increase market share. There will be more jobs for truck drivers.

Of course there is more than Walmart, but hey...YOU are the one who brought them up. I'm only saying that Walmart and their jobs are pretty much irrelevant when it comes to this trade agreement.

All that "more" stuff depends on Canada's reaction to the side letters. React one way and Canada's manufacturing base...and high paying manufacturing jobs...takes off. React another way and Canada's current manufacturing and assembly jobs take a big hit.

It's Canada's choice.

Of course there is more than Walmart, but hey...YOU are the one who brought them up. I'm only saying that Walmart and their jobs are pretty much irrelevant when it comes to this trade agreement.

All that "more" stuff depends on Canada's reaction to the side letters. React one way and Canada's manufacturing base...and high paying manufacturing jobs...takes off. React another way and Canada's current manufacturing and assembly jobs take a big hit.

It's Canada's choice.

More Mexican jobs will be moving to Canada, and the amount of wages to $16 American dollars being boosted to 40% in the 2020's. Plus, Canada has a better and more health workforce because they have universal healthcare. American Unions will be asking more than the universal health care they get in Canada. It cost more to give universal healthcare to a factory worker connected to a union within America. Better to just open more plants in Canada.

Truck drivers long term will be sacrificed to the new smart car. Once 5g rolls out, expect trucking to suffer greatly.

Boy, when you drink cool aid you do the "big gulp"...

not one original thought in the whole thing and the only thing you got right was Trudeau is a feminist, so was his father, so am I and so is most of Canada.

Once again we see Yankees trying to understand a foreign country through their own bias, they think everyone is as corrupt as they are.

But a word to the wise, after having covered a few or more trade talks between our two countries as well as others, no one "wins" no one "loses", it's all horse trading. We let you have another 3% of our dairy market and we keep chapter 19.

Gay eh?

Truck drivers long term will be sacrificed to the new smart car. Once 5g rolls out, expect trucking to suffer greatly.

Well, when I was young, I worked shipping loading and unloading trucks. Truck drives hand over the invoice to be signed. A smart truck cannot do that basic fact.

Well, when I was young, I worked shipping loading and unloading trucks. Truck drives hand over the invoice to be signed. A smart truck cannot do that basic fact.

They will figure it out. The cloud is everywhere now and when 5G rolls out, there will be no privacy anymore. It won't be a reality for at least five years though.

It's Canada's choice.

Don't forget that steel and aluminum are still cheaper in Canada than they are in the US. Cheaper everywhere else in the world, actually.

They will figure it out. The cloud is everywhere now and when 5G rolls out, there will be no privacy anymore. It won't be a reality for at least five years though.

Good luck with that fantasy

Perhaps but I still have my balls and haven't been *****fied like some male feminist liberals(I hear it's rampant up north).

You know, like your PM.

attaboy. Maintain.
Meanwhile, your boy Trump just caved on the conflict resolution process he said was off the table for the sake of the same access to our dairy market, increase of 3.5%, that he bailed on when he quit the TPP.
You guys don't feel it when smoke is being blown up your ass? Amazing. If Trump is still President in two years I confidently expect he'll be crying again about big bad Canada taking your lunch money and he wants another do-over.

attaboy. Maintain.
Meanwhile, your boy Trump just caved on the conflict resolution process he said was off the table for the sake of the same access to our dairy market, increase of 3.5%, that he bailed on when he quit the TPP.
You guys don't feel it when smoke is being blown up your ass? Amazing. If Trump is still President in two years I confidently expect he'll be crying again about big bad Canada taking your lunch money and he wants another do-over.

lol

You feel like you won because you got to keep something you already had while having to make concessions you said you never would .

My God Trump is brilliant. He's even explained how he negotiates and people still fall for it.

lol

You feel like you won because you got to keep something you already had while having to make concessions you said you never would .

My God Trump is brilliant. He's even explained how he negotiates and people still fall for it.

That concession was already made when Obama was president, under the TPP. You still don't get it? All these months later and Trump claims he extracted the same thing that was handed to the US under Obama and all you Trumpsters think he scored a negotiating coup?
Trump came away with nothing. He said the chapter 19 resolution process had to go but it's still there. He said Canada had to open it's dairy market and that didn't happen- the same 3.5% market increase that was given to Obama is on the paper.
Congratulations. If that's winning, I'm sure Trump will deliver more of the same

Good luck with that fantasy

It's no fantasy. I work in this industry and believe me, 5g changes everything. I saw a map of cell sites in Manhattan recently by Verizon. There is an antenna everywhere. When Verizon extrapolated how many new micro sites 5G entails, every block had upwards of a hundred base stations to accomodate 5g bandwidth. It will happen buddy.

Back
Top Bottom