• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Twitter erupts in debate over whether western film ‘Blazing Saddles’ would survive ‘woke’ culture

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
"Blazing Saddles," a 1970s Western film, has sparked Twitter debate over whether the movie could be made in today's "woke culture."
Many took to Twitter to applaud director Mel Brooks as a comedic genius because his film makes fun of racists and bigots. Others argued that the film's targets don't realize that the jokes are made at their expense.

A joke is what we used to laugh about before the professional victims got drunk on soy milk,

Idiots will complain about anything. That's what makes them idiots.

It's not whether the people complaining understand the jokes or not; that is immaterial. The goal is to demonstrate to their fellow travelers that their moral purity is superior.

Everyone hates those guys. Even other lefties.

"Blazing Saddles," a 1970s Western film, has sparked Twitter debate over whether the movie could be made in today's "woke culture."
Many took to Twitter to applaud director Mel Brooks as a comedic genius because his film makes fun of racists and bigots. Others argued that the film's targets don't realize that the jokes are made at their expense.

A joke is what we used to laugh about before the professional victims got drunk on soy milk,
I don't think soy milk has any alcohol content?

I do not recall ever seeing that movie.

The film is a statement on how wrong racism is.

And hilariously funny as well.

Idiots will complain about anything. That's what makes them idiots.

It's not whether the people complaining understand the jokes or not; that is immaterial. The goal is to demonstrate to their fellow travelers that their moral purity is superior.

Everyone hates those guys. Even other lefties.
Set virtue signal to stun...

Set virtue signal to stun...

If you read the threads in question and subtract the rather redundant right wing strawmen, you will see that the entire argument is between far left shitheads each trying to out shithead each other.

Just grab some popcorn and watch the show. In a few hours, they'll be calling Brooks Hitler. If they aren't already, and I wouldn't care to wager on that.

It is one of the funniest movies ever made.

Lili Von Shtupp: "It's true! It's true!"

Bart: "Someone want to tell her she's sucking my elbow?"
It isn't my elbow...and I aint Cuban.

fvqxFWKBf_Y7B9gDoEZdg28ji_7nasDzpcffBH2jmAs.jpg

We watched BS a couple days ago. First time in many years. Forgot how funny it is. It’s really funny when you realize that the people who practice the racism are the ones who are the butt of the joke. Sheriff Bart, a black Sheriff is the one who is always above the racism.

Agreed. 'woke' has killed off comedy and making fun of ourselves.
If 'woke' continues, all will be little more than the endless fray of just like in totalitarian nations. This is what the left wants. Totalitarianism. Their Totalitarianism.
Well, they can just go **** off.

Ask Bruce Lenny about professional victims . . .

At any rate, I'm distracted enough by DP idiocy to be distracted by Twitter idiocy. Enough of it transplanted as it is.

Don't people realize the movie is about a ni...,! :D

Reactions: Bum
Agreed. 'woke' has killed off comedy and making fun of ourselves.
If 'woke' continues, all will be little more than the endless fray of just like in totalitarian nations. This is what the left wants. Totalitarianism. Their Totalitarianism.
Well, they can just go **** off.
Oh, the ****ing DRAMA

First of all, who cares about twitter.

We watched BS a couple days ago. First time in many years. Forgot how funny it is. It’s really funny when you realize that the people who practice the racism are the ones who are the butt of the joke. Sheriff Bart, a black Sheriff is the one who is always above the racism.
Saturday will be Animal House.

Hmmm.....a white Jew making jokes about...whites and jews?
How very progressive.

"Everyone would be outraged if Blazing Saddles came out today" is such a tired cliche that a shitty pop-punk band wrote a song about it 23 years ago.
Yeah...not caring about hurt feelings.
Let's keep going.

Back
Top Bottom