• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Turkish Prime Minister says military coup attempt underway[W 323]

Godwinning up another thread, I see. I hate Erdoğan as much as the next person, but stupid statements like this just make you look brainless, or incapable of doing a simple Google search. If you'd bothered, you'd have found plenty of references to Recep and Adolf, and plenty of quotes. Tell me, how much does it sound as if he loves Nazis here:

“Nazi Germany, lacking proper institutional arrangements, was obviously one of the most disgraceful examples in history.”

You seriously buy the revised after the speech answer by the PR department? I know you are smarter that..

Erdogan's actions before and after the "coup" shows he's doing a lot of things like Hitler.. With using phrases like " 'We will, one by one, cleanse the state' of enemies " and flat out arresting anyone and everybody who has an issue of a power grab. Literally, it's Night of the Long Knives going on right now.

He's arresting or dismissing people who had ZERO to do with "coup", zero. Judges, Teachers, even Military officers.. Thousands of people who are dismissed because they don't share his views.

Read many of the posts here, people seemed quite misinformed about Turkey and what's going on, so here is a short version, if anyone wants to go into detail about a topic feel free to point it out;

1- The coup wasn't a about a secular Turkey. It actually was a Gulenist* movement which is worse than Erdogan's Islamist agenda..

2- CIA backs Gulenist movement around the globe. Fetullah Gulen is actually in US with reference from head of CIA.

3- Gulenist movement(GM) isn't about spirituallity. There is a Fetullah Gulen video that is available where he says "Infiltrate the Judiciary system first, and then the police force, after that the military. (The video is around 30 years old)

4- Most position of importance in Turkey are filled by exams. It is known that the GM stole the questions and fed its followers the answers to place them in power.

5- Erdogan and GM were allies purging the secularists from the government from 2007 to 2011. The reference for this is Erdogan backing arrests throughout Ergenekon and Balyoz openly.

6- Erdogan and GM jumped at each other's throats when they had problems sharing the new power starting from 2011. The reference for this is available as Erdogan says "Haven't we given you (GM) everything you asked of us".

7- GM was allowed taking over the military by Erdogan government so actually while he is purging and putting the GM in trial. He is actually not a victim but a partner in this. Therefore, nobody can expect justice throughout any of these trials as Erdogan himself would be imprisoned as the outcome of a such trial.

8- On a funny note, Erdogan defended himself saying "I have been fooled(tricked) by GM." . I hope all the trialed GM members make the same defense and see what the outcome would be for them and for Erdogan.

Well that's it for now, but like i said i can go into detail in any topic you are curious about. I mentioned or not, i can give you good insight if you are interested.

Also, Erdogan is not an Islamist Dictator. He is just consolidating votes by acting like he is. Actually his god is money.. And money is pretty much all he cares about.

Back
Top Bottom