• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tucker Carlson criticised the strong support for Ukraine from US civic, business, and political leaders, calling it “the largest political flash mob

I'm at a point with trying to understand this clown, for which I do understand it's part of his job to be one on FOX. But - in a moment of such dire seriousness about what Putin has decided to do in Ukraine, what the hell is his 'real' beef when the only recourse is for the West to squeeze as much oxygen off from Putin as possible and provide aid to the Ukrainians in order to help save as many people in Ukraine? Simply because many Americans has gotten behind this effort by the US, he refers to it as "they moved in perfect lockstep" and "the largest flashmob in American history". With WW very much on the table, this isn't a time to dilly dally or rush in at any ridiculous screaming ass speed. I'm sure there's an adoring crowd here in DP who loves all things Carlson, but this turd just doesn't feel American to me. imo

View attachment 67380470
The Fox News host claimed that “there was no debate about doing this, no reflection. There was not even a real conversation. They just did it. Millions of people simply assumed reflexively a partisan position in a highly complicated foreign crisis, the next crisis, and as they did it, they moved in perfect lockstep”.

“The whole thing was like watching synchronized swimming in” the North Korean capital of Pyongyang, Carlson said.

“It was an amazing performance. Most amazing of all was seeing Republican leaders join the herd after two years of Covid training, they couldn’t help themselves. The result was the largest political flashmob in American historyRepublicans, Democrats, business titans and the media all on one side,” he added.
Carlson is a bought and paid for Russian asset.

Tucker is just upset he can't get half the country fighting the MSM and Deep State on this one. That's his job.
I genuinely think you're right. Tucker's entire professional exi$tence is predicated on profiting over partisan rancor and division. On the rare occasion when there is bipartisan support over something he loses his shit.

I would not be at all surprised if he comes out against getting rid of daylight savings time for the same reason.

Carlson may be right about the stampede in the media to condemn Russia but there can be no doubt Russia is committing serious war crimes in Ukraine. Targeting civilians (some shot down while waiting in food lines) and the scorched earth policy reminds me of US general Sherman who literally burned a path of devastation through the South in the final days of the US Civil War.
Russia is in fact doing what you say.

Therefore Tucker is wrong. And the media is correct.

Russia is in fact doing what you say.

Therefore Tucker is wrong. And the media is correct.

Tucker is actually part of the media when you get down to basics. He's just not in the mainstream..

Tucker is actually part of the media when you get down to basics. He's just not in the mainstream..
I'd argue he is very much part of the mainstream media, by virtue of the fact that he is currently FOX's darling in terms of boosting their revenue stream.

Murdoch should be deported.

Murdoch should be deported.
I wouldn't shed any tears over that, but the bigger issue is twofold - why Tucker has an audience for his propaganda at all, and why corporations would continue to advertise on his show.

Murdoch wouldn't peddle this shit if it wasn't making him money.

The man is a disgrace ......a total disgrace. Are his "fans" buying into all this? What have things come to when love of country, true freedom and democracy are trampled for ratings? The only people that can stop him are Fox listeners...but they won't. Their bobbleheads will bobble. He 8s a disgrace as is anyone who supports him.

The man is a disgrace ......a total disgrace. Are his "fans" buying into all this? What have things come to when love of country, true freedom and democracy are trampled for ratings? The only people that can stop him are Fox listeners...but they won't. Their bobbleheads will bobble. He 8s a disgrace as is anyone who supports him.
Yes

He was the scourge of the British Press, came across the pond and wash rinse repeat. The man has no idea what real journalism consist of, yes it's all about the $.

Send his ass back to Oz

I genuinely think you're right. Tucker's entire professional exi$tence is predicated on profiting over partisan rancor and division. On the rare occasion when there is bipartisan support over something he loses his shit.

I would not be at all surprised if he comes out against getting rid of daylight savings time for the same reason.
Yup

Tucker makes these comments as it increases viewership and puts another $ in his and Rupert pocket.

Unfortunately for Tucker, he has caught the attention of Putin, and is now being used as a propaganda tool in the Evil Empire. Tucker seems to relish his role as a Kremlin mouthpiece.

Yes i said Evil Empire, Cold War part 2

Its the new reality

Carlson may be right about the stampede in the media to condemn Russia but there can be no doubt Russia is committing serious war crimes in Ukraine. Targeting civilians (some shot down while waiting in food lines) and the scorched earth policy reminds me of US general Sherman who literally burned a path of devastation through the South in the final days of the US Civil War.
What should "the media" be doing?

I think that FOX's high ratings are not because they are so great - - their high ratings are probably due to their sucky competition (CNN, MSNBC).
Most people watch network and local news,

I'm at a point with trying to understand this clown, for which I do understand it's part of his job to be one on FOX. But - in a moment of such dire seriousness about what Putin has decided to do in Ukraine, what the hell is his 'real' beef when the only recourse is for the West to squeeze as much oxygen off from Putin as possible and provide aid to the Ukrainians in order to help save as many people in Ukraine? Simply because many Americans has gotten behind this effort by the US, he refers to it as "they moved in perfect lockstep" and "the largest flashmob in American history". With WW very much on the table, this isn't a time to dilly dally or rush in at any ridiculous screaming ass speed. I'm sure there's an adoring crowd here in DP who loves all things Carlson, but this turd just doesn't feel American to me. imo

View attachment 67380470
The Fox News host claimed that “there was no debate about doing this, no reflection. There was not even a real conversation. They just did it. Millions of people simply assumed reflexively a partisan position in a highly complicated foreign crisis, the next crisis, and as they did it, they moved in perfect lockstep”.

“The whole thing was like watching synchronized swimming in” the North Korean capital of Pyongyang, Carlson said.

“It was an amazing performance. Most amazing of all was seeing Republican leaders join the herd after two years of Covid training, they couldn’t help themselves. The result was the largest political flashmob in American historyRepublicans, Democrats, business titans and the media all on one side,” he added.
it is positively un-American.

Real Trump shit.

Most people watch network and local news,
You got a cite for that?

Viewership for scheduled and cable news has declined steadily for over 20 years.

You got a cite for that?

Viewership for scheduled and cable news has declined steadily for over 20 years.
If you look at the ratings for ABC World News and the local news, it would be way higher than any Fox or CNN or MSNBC program.

He works for a giant corporation like Fox, he is mainstream.

Back
Top Bottom