• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's VP Pick

i am not surprised that you are fine with this

but what you have not shared with us is why tRump's exclusion of women and minorities as possible running mates should be viewed as anything except an act of bigotry against women and minorities

Alrighty then, let's try this again shall we?:

This is exactly like me smoking a cigar every now and then as a political statement, as a giant "**** YOU!" towards the anti smoking bullies/liars. Trump is not acting against everyone who is not a white man, he is acing against PC culture demands.

Alrighty then, let's try this again shall we?:
yes, let's do

This is exactly like me smoking a cigar every now and then as a political statement, as a giant "**** YOU!" towards the anti smoking bullies/liars. Trump is not acting against everyone who is not a white man,
you present something to be true that is not the truth

tRump is denying every woman and minority the opportunity to be a VP candidate

NOT because they are unqualified

but only because they ARE minorities and/or women

... he is acing against PC culture demands.

he is acting like a bigot

but you are welcome to again try to explain to us why my assertion is other than factual

yes, let's do

you present something to be true that is not the truth

tRump is denying every woman and minority the opportunity to be a VP candidate

NOT because they are unqualified

but only because they ARE minorities and/or women

he is acting like a bigot

but you are welcome to again try to explain to us why my assertion is other than factual

Being VP, being considered for VP, is not a right, constitutional or otherwise. Women and minorities who are upset that they cant be Trumps VP should go whine to someone who gives a **** about their complaint.

tRump ruled out a woman or a minority as his VP

he excluded them from consideration

tell us why that is not bigotry

it presumes a woman or minority could not meet the VP qualifications

Where is the link that shows Trump said he will not consider women or minorities for VP.

Where is the link that shows Trump said he will not consider women or minorities for VP.

Manafort said it. I have not seen on the web a quote of Trump saying it, but I take it as true, this is what I would expect from Don.

Being VP, being considered for VP, is not a right, constitutional or otherwise. Women and minorities who are upset that they cant be Trumps VP should go whine to someone who gives a **** about their complaint.

no one said they had a right to be a VP candidate

what was being addressed was tRump's bigotry by excluding women and minorities from consideration only because they were women and minorities
*no minorities or women need apply*
hope they remember that when it is time to vote

what was being addressed was tRump's bigotry by excluding women and minorities from consideration only because they were women and minorities

When one is not PC they get labels attached to them, we all know how this works, we have been watching it happen for near 25 years. I am not convinced that the majority is still interested in this political game, in this overt attempt to manipulate others through manipulation of language and label placing. I know that when I hear words like "rape" or "bigot" or "homophobia" or any of the "isms" that I tend to tune out unless the charge is documented and substantial. Most of Americans would be wise to put less effort into label placing on those they dont like and more on supporting the previously well practiced American right to live as we so desire, on giving others a wide berth in the hopes that they will respond in kind. All of these would be utopia builders we have running around now who clearly dont give two figs about freedom get only my middle finger from me now, I am fed up.

Call Trump a bigot till the cows come home if that is what gets you off, I am not interested.

Last edited:
Manafort said it. I have not seen on the web a quote of Trump saying it, but I take it as true, this is what I would expect from Don.

So Trump never said it so that makes it true. I see.

I hope they remember Trump actually never said it. I will judge the candidates on what they actually say and do. Anything else is prejudging. I hate to be be prejudice by prejudging.

So Trump never said it so that makes it true. I see.

One of the doz people currently closest to Trump says that Trump thinks this, it sounds like Trump, so absent more information I will assume that it is true. He should have the VP he wants, I dont care unless the person is not qualified, like Palin. I find it hard to believe that Trump will pick as poorly as McCain did, this is thus not something that I care about. If he does not want a woman fine by me. Not so true with his cabinet however, he should have some of them wimins there. Different skin colors would be nice too, it makes the pics more interesting. But still at the end of the day this is small potatoes according to me.

Your mileage may vary, this is still nominally a free country.

Last edited:
One of the doz people currently closest to Trump says that Trump thinks this, it sounds like Trump, so absent more information I will assume that it is true. He should have the VP he wants, I dont care unless the person is not qualified, like Palin. I find it hard to believe that Trump will pick as poorly as McCain did, this is thus not something that I care about. If he does not want a woman fine by me. Not so true with his cabinet however, he should have some of them wimins there. Different skin colors would be nice too, it makes the pics more interesting. But still at the end of the day this is small potatoes according to me.

Your mileage may vary, this is still nominally a free country.

I understand. When I hired people I always hired the best person. If it had been all white male that would make me prejudice? What if the first 2 people I hired were Mexican/American and Colombian does that make me prejudice? What if I needed someone knowledgeable in plumbing and able to speak English and Spanish?

I think Trump is picking the people he believes are the best people to do the job and could care less about pandering to a bunch of prejudice bigots who think he needs to hire women or minorities to be politically correct.

I understand. When I hired people I always hired the best person. If it had been all white male that would make me prejudice? What if the first 2 people I hired were Mexican/American and Colombian does that make me prejudice? What if I needed someone knowledgeable in plumbing and able to speak English and Spanish?

I think Trump is picking the people he believes are the best people to do the job and could care less about pandering to a bunch of prejudice bigots who think he needs to hire women or minorities to be politically correct.

I made every effort to hire women. I cant report that it worked out well.

Note: I have seen lately a few restaurants in Seattle that are ALL male. If I had to do it over again I would go this way. I hired 45% women, 85% of my worst employees were women.

Last edited:
I hope they remember Trump actually never said it. I will judge the candidates on what they actually say and do. Anything else is prejudging. I hate to be be prejudice by prejudging.

you do not find tRump's campaign manager credible?
did tRump make a correction, alerting the media and the public that his campaign manager misstated his actual position to be a bigoted position?
from your post it appears tRump follows the adage "the buck stops there"

for tRump to select a white guy as his running mate is not necessarily a bigoted selection; because that white guy could have been the one most qualified

however, when tRump indicates women and minorities will not be considered as his VP selection, it becomes obvious tRump is bigoted against minorities and women. by excluding them from consideration, he tells us that he finds them unqualified because they are women/minorities, and thus not worthy of consideration

Note: I have seen lately a few restaurants in Seattle that are ALL male. If I had to do it over again I would go this way. I hired 45% women, 85% of my worst employees were women.

sounds like the problem was your evaluation process, leading you to bad hires

That seems strange.

I never hired or worked with any women because none that applied were qualified. However that is from a physical standpoint. Very few women can lift their end of a 400 lb boiler and carry it down down into a basement.

I did have a Woman owner I was a manager for discuss hiring women plumbers. The first thing she said was we could just let the woman do the light work. I said are you going to pay them less since they cannot physically do the same work you require of the male plumbers. She said I will have to pay them less. I told her even a woman owner couldn't get away with that. I see law suites in your future. She talked to to her lawyer and that was the end of that idea.

However all the women I have worked with that did not have to compete with the men in physical jobs were never a problem. Today I think there are a lot more women that can compete physically with men.

Back
Top Bottom