• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Purple Heart

Painter

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trump was offered a man's Purple Heart. Some time after receiving it he made the following statement, "I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier."
Trump says he always wanted a Purple Heart - Business Insider

The main debate is in whether or not Trump's words were appropriate, but I want to propose a 3rd angle that the media has yet to pick up on.
The 3rd angle is as follows:

I do not think it likely that Trump would have formed that sentence and said both that he "always wanted one" and mentioned getting one easily.
I believe that Trump did not know or remember what the Purple Heart is awarded for.
So a 3rd option on the poll will be essentially that Trump didn't realize what the medal was.
There are many cases in which Trump knows less about our Government and worldly events than the average citizen.

Sigh...

Delete this please.
I will try posting again. Time to post poll expired after i had an error.

Back
Top Bottom