• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Legal Team Claims Issues with Dominion Voting Software

Matter of fact they do care soooo much about your health than this President does. That's how sociopathic egomaniacs like the President operate. He cares nothing about your health, or any other aspect of your life. The bottom line for everything is what's in it for him. That's why other than the usual 20 or 30% that believes whatever Trump says no matter how devoid of facts and reality, the vast majority of Americans do not trust what this President has to say about Covid 19.

Partisan banter doesn't have anything to with what's going on now. What you want to put aside is rationale and reasoning. 'Reports' of voter fraud should only be investigated when they are backed by actual evidence able to clear the hurdle for probable cause. Continuing to claim widespread fraud and corruption in the absolute absence of evidence is the moral equivalence of yelling fire in a crowded theater when there is no fire as far democracy is concerned. It needlessly damages our trust in our democratic institutions and elections and really only serves the interests of adversarial states such as Russia has in undermining democracy here and around the world.

So yes, investigate fraud when there is actual tangible evidence of it. But if you have no such evidence whatsoever, then shut your mouth. In nearly every lawsuit that has been brought by Trump's campaign team there has come the moment of truth when the judges ask just exactly what it is they are accusing has occurred. And everytime the Trump lawyers have said that they are not alleging widespread fraud. Because if they do they will have to produce evidence that supports or least provides some basis for making such a serious allegation. And if they fail to do so they could be very likely be facing disbarment as a result. Right then and there.
So whatever the outcome, 2 years from now, when Trump is long out of office, I believe there should be monitors at all vote count tabulations, from each party, close enough to see the ballots BEFORE AND AFTER they come out of the envelope of mail in ballots. And I don't know if they do this or not, but at Home Depot, there are cameras on the cashiers that are clear enough to catch any cheating or stealing. I think there should be cameras recording every count, with party reps watching them in real time. That way if an "irregularity" comes up, we can watch the tape. Oh, and for the record, as far as I'm concerned the election is over. Trump lost. The only reason he won in '16 is because the country was tired of the status quo, with the political elites taking turns "governing". We'll see if Joe continues to shake things up, or just allows things to go back to "normal" in government. We will see. BTW, who's gonna be the new boogie man? McConnel?

Considering the percentage of wins the Trump team has done.. then yes.
Yes, you're right. Never mind her record right?
"

From 1978 through 1988, Powell served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Western and Northern Districts of Texas and the Eastern District of Virginia, where she handled civil and criminal trial work. She was appointed Appellate Section Chief for the Western District of Texas and then the Northern District of Texas.[2]

In 1993, Powell established her own law firm in Dallas, Texas, aimed mostly at federal appellate practice, including in the United States Supreme Court.[2] Her firm has also handled a number of high-profile class action suits. She has served as lead counsel in more than 500 appeals in the Fifth Circuit courts, resulting in more than 18 published opinions and a reversal rate of approximately 70%.[2]

Powell also writes and teaches in the area of federal appellate law practice, including work for the Attorney General’s Advocacy Institute of the United States Department of Justice.[19] She is a member of the American Law Institute and a Fellow of the American Academy of Appellate Lawyers, where she served as president from 2001 to 2002.
[2]

Yup.......lightweight. :rolleyes:

Yes, you're right. Never mind her record right?
"

From 1978 through 1988, Powell served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Western and Northern Districts of Texas and the Eastern District of Virginia, where she handled civil and criminal trial work. She was appointed Appellate Section Chief for the Western District of Texas and then the Northern District of Texas.[2]

In 1993, Powell established her own law firm in Dallas, Texas, aimed mostly at federal appellate practice, including in the United States Supreme Court.[2] Her firm has also handled a number of high-profile class action suits. She has served as lead counsel in more than 500 appeals in the Fifth Circuit courts, resulting in more than 18 published opinions and a reversal rate of approximately 70%.[2]

Powell also writes and teaches in the area of federal appellate law practice, including work for the Attorney General’s Advocacy Institute of the United States Department of Justice.[19] She is a member of the American Law Institute and a Fellow of the American Academy of Appellate Lawyers, where she served as president from 2001 to 2002.
[2]

Yup.......lightweight. :rolleyes:

I can only go by the fact she promoted conspiracy theories, and did not provide evidence. She also got fired from the incompetent Trump team.

Until such time as she can present the evidence, in court, her claims are meaningless. Show the evidence. If she can't do that, she's an idiot to make claims to the press.

Actually the last precedent would be Al Gore in 2000 not conceding until December 13th, after the Supreme Court Decision.

That race was close, some 500 ballots, so it makes sense.

Not true in this case.

Imagine being the strongest, smartest, most qualified, most educated, most word knowing president ever...

And then losing to a guy who you think is a dumbass.

Lmao.

What context is needed? The statement speaks for itself.
No, it does not. You don't even mention what he was referring to.

No evidence for Obama 'suck up'.
You haven't been paying attention.

And of course he allowed Putin to expand Russia with no serious protestations.

As for this election...

There is only evidence of normal irregularities, the kind that have existed in all prior elections which was insufficient to stall certification.
That's untrue, but why should a first world country have any 'irregularities'?

No, it does not. You don't even mention what he was referring to.

You haven't been paying attention.
Apparently you do not know what 'paying attention' means.
Those videos do not prove a damn thing, 'sucking up' is a meaningless statement, something a hack would say, not worthy of debate.
And of course he allowed Putin to expand Russia with no serious protestations.
What you talking about? You're the one who isn't paying attention. Exxon purchased oil exploration rights on 64 million acres in russia.
the only thing stopping exploration are sanctions. If Exxon had been allowed to exploit those regions, it has been estimated that it would have made Putin 500 billion bucks richer than he is now, and he pretty rich as it is. Russia paid a HUGE price for invading Crimea with the sanctions.
The sanctions against Russia and Russians, the Magnitsky act, etc, well, let's just say, Russians don't like it. It disallows freedom of movement for rich people in Russia,
and that's very painful for them. One of their big hopes in getting Trump elected was to get the sanctions removed, and the only reason they weren't able, was
because, at least the Republicans in the Senate know Russia is not our friend, and pressured Trump to not get rid of them. On one new set of sanctions, Trump slow - walked them for an entire year before he buckled under pressure to implement them.

But, we could have gotten into a military confrontation with Russia over Crimea. I'm not in The president's shoes to know if that was a good idea or not. I could understand why he wouldn't, though.
He choose not to. Obama chose sanctions and that does not equal 'not standing up to Russia'.
That's untrue, but why should a first world country have any 'irregularities'?

It is absolutely true. You can't have 160,000,000 ballots cast in 50 different states across thousands of counties with many different systems and not have irregularities.
the only difference now is Trump saw them as an opportunity to undermine public confidence in the election in the hopes that he could persuade state legislators
to install a Trump slate of electors to set aside the popular vote and give Trump another term. He has succeeded in undermining public confidence by trumping
up every little goddamn thing that crops up. No president in history did that, only Trump. The reason that Trump does this is because he is not an honorable man.

Last edited:
I would argue that it is actually quite harmful.

Nevertheless, I am content to enjoy the schadenfreude.

I am always pleased and impressed by those who actually understand that word and use it correctly! :)

So whatever the outcome, 2 years from now, when Trump is long out of office, I believe there should be monitors at all vote count tabulations, from each party, close enough to see the ballots BEFORE AND AFTER they come out of the envelope of mail in ballots. And I don't know if they do this or not, but at Home Depot, there are cameras on the cashiers that are clear enough to catch any cheating or stealing. I think there should be cameras recording every count, with party reps watching them in real time. That way if an "irregularity" comes up, we can watch the tape. Oh, and for the record, as far as I'm concerned the election is over. Trump lost. The only reason he won in '16 is because the country was tired of the status quo, with the political elites taking turns "governing". We'll see if Joe continues to shake things up, or just allows things to go back to "normal" in government. We will see. BTW, who's gonna be the new boogie man? McConnel?
You could watch them on a live feed count ballots.

Apart from leftists most everyone is familiar with the 'kristallnacht' in Germany. There's been a few of those over here so there may yet be more problems to come. They'll not stop, even if Crooked Joe does become President.

There hasn't been anything even close to that here. Thank God. You're the one who isn't even remotely familiar with what 'kristallnacht' was all about. That was an incredibly ignorant post.

I don't know what news you get in Sweden but Donald Trump is certainly no dumdum.
Oh yes he is!

'Software glitch' has already been cited as causing 6000 Trump votes to be turned into Biden votes. But is there a deeper problem with voting machines made by Dominion?

There is only one problem with Dominion, they are stupid to choose their names for the bad guys in Star Trek DS9. The dominion is evil in that series, much nicer names would have been possible.

And no besides that there is only 1 problem, it is Orange and devoid of any honesty and he keeps pushing for ridiculous conspiracy theories and his supporter lap it up as if it were ambrosia.

So whatever the outcome, 2 years from now, when Trump is long out of office, I believe there should be monitors at all vote count tabulations, from each party, close enough to see the ballots BEFORE AND AFTER they come out of the envelope of mail in ballots. And I don't know if they do this or not, but at Home Depot, there are cameras on the cashiers that are clear enough to catch any cheating or stealing. I think there should be cameras recording every count, with party reps watching them in real time. That way if an "irregularity" comes up, we can watch the tape. Oh, and for the record, as far as I'm concerned the election is over. Trump lost.
Nice ideas I guess but necessary? Is it necessary to spend the money? To sow the distrust?

Even after The Donald practically provided a primer on 'how to commit voter fraud' with his claims months in advance on 'how they would occur'...neither side seems to have committed any substantial fraud.

Is that how we want to go forward? Believing that the other side is only winning by cheating? (When we havent gotten any substantial proof as precedent?)

Apparently you do not know what 'paying attention' means.
Those videos do not prove a damn thing, 'sucking up' is a meaningless statement, something a hack would say, not worthy of debate.
You have Obama whispering to a Russian messenger to tell Putin that he can be "more flexible after the election". That can only mean Obama is bending over and grabbing his ankles.
What you talking about? You're the one who isn't paying attention. Exxon purchased oil exploration rights on 64 million acres in russia.
the only thing stopping exploration are sanctions. If Exxon had been allowed to exploit those regions, it has been estimated that it would have made Putin 500 billion bucks richer than he is now, and he pretty rich as it is. Russia paid a HUGE price for invading Crimea with the sanctions.
The sanctions against Russia and Russians, the Magnitsky act, etc, well, let's just say, Russians don't like it. It disallows freedom of movement for rich people in Russia,
and that's very painful for them. One of their big hopes in getting Trump elected was to get the sanctions removed, and the only reason they weren't able, was
because, at least the Republicans in the Senate know Russia is not our friend, and pressured Trump to not get rid of them. On one new set of sanctions, Trump slow - walked them for an entire year before he buckled under pressure to implement them.

But, we could have gotten into a military confrontation with Russia over Crimea. I'm not in The president's shoes to know if that was a good idea or not. I could understand why he wouldn't, though.
He choose not to. Obama chose sanctions and that does not equal 'not standing up to Russia'.
You should know better than to follow Fake News. Try this. https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/10/0...enezuela-russia-north-korea-different-obamas/

And of course you never mentioned The Ukraine.
It is absolutely true. You can't have 160,000,000 ballots cast in 50 different states across thousands of counties with many different systems and not have irregularities.
In fact you can.
the only difference now is Trump saw them as an opportunity to undermine public confidence in the election in the hopes that he could persuade state legislators
to install a Trump slate of electors to set aside the popular vote and give Trump another term. He has succeeded in undermining public confidence by truis.umping
up every little goddamn thing that crops up. No president in history did that, only Trump. The reason that Trump does this is because he is not an honorable man.
I doubt anyone believes the election was honest and that was becoming clear months before the election was held. The Fake News you quoted was certainly a part of it.

Here's the thing; throughout 2016 Trump took every available opportunity to whine about 'rigging'. The same software was used then, but we heard nothing from Trump about 'rigging' once he got the job. See what I'm getting at?
Access to non fake news is difficult so you have likely never heard that Democrats, including Elizabeth Warren, also warned of security problems with Dominion Voting Systems. https://justthenews.com/politics-po...lection-companies-dominion-are-prone-security

There are already monitors from each party and candidate participating in vote count tabulations. But at same time being in the midst of a raging pandemic has made certain social distancing protocols necessary to protect the health of all these poll workers and their families, and unfortunately one party seems to think these protocols don't apply to them. There's no rational reason or excuse for anyone insisting on being closer than 6 feet to these workers under the present conditions.

There are also cameras recording and broadcasting the recounting so that practically anyone can watch in real time if they so desire. Although I would suspect it wouldn't exactly make for riveting TV. As far as casting votes in person the rules regarding the use of cameras at polling places varies state by state. Some states prohibit the use of cameras at polling places. Most I think allow it so long as their use doesn't interfere in the voting process and doesn't inadvertently expose someone's filled out ballot. In this 'selfie' age where many people feel the need to post selfies of themselves engaging in nearly every activity under the sun no matter how mundane or personal has presented certain challenges to these policies. But by and large courts have upheld that people can take pictures of their ballots or tell everyone whom they voted for as an voluntary expression of their 1st Amendment rights.

Which brings us to another issue. Your position on mail in voting is one of a solution in search of a problem. Mail in voting has been around for a long time and historically the problems with fraud within it are so negligible as to be nearly statistically nonexistent. So I'm not sure why you would want to treat it differently from in person voting. The right to cast a secret ballot has been a mainstay of the U.S. system of governance for the last hundred years. Voting in secret, as opposed to a voice vote that was more common in the early part of U.S. history, guards against coercion, bribery and retribution. I don't know how your state does it, although I would think it would be fairly similar, but where I live when you enter the polling place you tell a poll worker your address and he or she points towards the proper table of registrars for your particular address. Where then you present your ID. Your name and address is then correlated to to the registration roll and crossed off. They hand you a blank colored ticket that you then take to another table and give that blank ticket to a person distributing the ballot sheets in exchange for ballot sheet. You then go to a station to fill it out. After filling it out you then go place the ballot into a scanning machine. At that point your scanned ballot can no longer be directly tied back to you personally.

Mail in votes work the same way, although the pro forma is a little different. The outer envelope or secrecy sleeve containing your name, address and signature is checked and validated. Once validated it is separated submitted to be counted. And as is in person voting, once validated and counted that ballot cannot be directly tied to the voter. Why would you advocate that people voting by mail should be denied the same rights as those voting in person? Especially in the light of not a single shred of evidence being presented in any court, anywhere, that would even remotely support such a subversion of the electoral process?

McConnell has been, and will continue to be, the 'boogie man'. He cares only about perpetuating the hold of power by Republicans and conservatives by whatever means he deems necessary. He's not a statesman. He cares not a lick about country over party. In fact history may well look back on him as being one of the prime early political facilitator's, or enablers, if this country were ever to turn away from democracy and toward autocracy or fascism.

There are already monitors from each party and candidate participating in vote count tabulations. But at same time being in the midst of a raging pandemic has made certain social distancing protocols necessary to protect the health of all these poll workers and their families, and unfortunately one party seems to think these protocols don't apply to them. There's no rational reason or excuse for anyone insisting on being closer than 6 feet to these workers under the present conditions.

There are also cameras recording and broadcasting the recounting so that practically anyone can watch in real time if they so desire. Although I would suspect it wouldn't exactly make for riveting TV. As far as casting votes in person the rules regarding the use of cameras at polling places varies state by state. Some states prohibit the use of cameras at polling places. Most I think allow it so long as their use doesn't interfere in the voting process and doesn't inadvertently expose someone's filled out ballot. In this 'selfie' age where many people feel the need to post selfies of themselves engaging in nearly every activity under the sun no matter how mundane or personal has presented certain challenges to these policies. But by and large courts have upheld that people can take pictures of their ballots or tell everyone whom they voted for as an voluntary expression of their 1st Amendment rights.

Which brings us to another issue. Your position on mail in voting is one of a solution in search of a problem. Mail in voting has been around for a long time and historically the problems with fraud within it are so negligible as to be nearly statistically nonexistent. So I'm not sure why you would want to treat it differently from in person voting. The right to cast a secret ballot has been a mainstay of the U.S. system of governance for the last hundred years. Voting in secret, as opposed to a voice vote that was more common in the early part of U.S. history, guards against coercion, bribery and retribution. I don't know how your state does it, although I would think it would be fairly similar, but where I live when you enter the polling place you tell a poll worker your address and he or she points towards the proper table of registrars for your particular address. Where then you present your ID. Your name and address is then correlated to to the registration roll and crossed off. They hand you a blank colored ticket that you then take to another table and give that blank ticket to a person distributing the ballot sheets in exchange for ballot sheet. You then go to a station to fill it out. After filling it out you then go place the ballot into a scanning machine. At that point your scanned ballot can no longer be directly tied back to you personally.

Mail in votes work the same way, although the pro forma is a little different. The outer envelope or secrecy sleeve containing your name, address and signature is checked and validated. Once validated it is separated submitted to be counted. And as is in person voting, once validated and counted that ballot cannot be directly tied to the voter. Why would you advocate that people voting by mail should be denied the same rights as those voting in person? Especially in the light of not a single shred of evidence being presented in any court, anywhere, that would even remotely support such a subversion of the electoral process?

McConnell has been, and will continue to be, the 'boogie man'. He cares only about perpetuating the hold of power by Republicans and conservatives by whatever means he deems necessary. He's not a statesman. He cares not a lick about country over party. In fact history may well look back on him as being one of the prime early political facilitator's, or enablers, if this country were ever to turn away from democracy and toward autocracy or fascism.
We need to get rid of "political parties". As long as we have them, your boogie man is Mitch McConnel, mine is Harry Reed. You say Russia, I say China, you say Watergate, I say Benghazi, and so on, and so on. It either stops, or we continue to play king of the hill until our demise is complete. This is where I backslide as a Christian. I know this is the prophesy fulfilled, and I get comfort from it, but the flesh is weak. I reflexively want to "fix" what's broken in our society. Oh well, JMHO.

Imagine being the strongest, smartest, most qualified, most educated, most word knowing president ever...

And then losing to a guy who you think is a dumbass.

Lmao.

How could that have felt....

170823092629-01-hillary-clinton-nov-9-super-tease.jpg

That makes no sense. Do you think it does?

It actually demonstrates my point that you can't understand what I said.

Keep trying. It took a long time and a lot of money to get you and millions of others to think the way you do. Exactly the way you do.

Recovery will take time. I would suggest tarring and feathering you manipulators. It's cathartic and speeds healing.

Don't worry, we'll still have cookies when you're better.

What context is needed? The statement speaks for itself.

No evidence for Obama 'suck up'.
No, the statement does not speak for itself. It could relate to anything. Obama is a suck up and gave you two examples. You may not have seen his display in the ME also.

Why be in such denial?

I think so too. Both sides should be interested in election fairness, security, and transparency.... not just the apparent loser. And you are right... there's no reason they couldn't put cameras over every workstation and let representatives count along with them, on every ballot. I would actually make the comparison to a vegas casino than home depot - where every move is shown to the camera to keep the dealers honest.

Jeb! Bush had some interesting comments.... after the Bush/Gore election, that state put a lot of effort into creating a secure and transparent process - and you just don't hear of the issues there.

ICE Expelled 33 Immigrant Children Back To Guatemala After A Judge Said They Couldn't.

Yup! A judge ruled that Trump can't expel immigrant children, once again our president broke the law and had ICE do it anyway.

I guess Trumpkins are against the laws of our country.

I think so too. Both sides should be interested in election fairness, security, and transparency.... not just the apparent loser. And you are right... there's no reason they couldn't put cameras over every workstation and let representatives count along with them, on every ballot. I would actually make the comparison to a vegas casino than home depot - where every move is shown to the camera to keep the dealers honest.

Jeb! Bush had some interesting comments.... after the Bush/Gore election, that state put a lot of effort into creating a secure and transparent process - and you just don't hear of the issues there.
The Democrats would never allow it.

Didn't they use the machines in 2016 as well?

The GOP wasn't upset with how they worked back then.
In 2016 nobody thought Trump was going to win so Trump caught them unprepared. This time the Dems were prepared with and algorithm that awarded fractional votes. It seems to have awarded vote as a weighted race favoring Biden. When that didn't work because Trump was winning so big by over 700,000 votes they had to stop the counting and bring in hundreds of thousands of hastily prepared ballots. That may be the reasons for witnesses seeing ballots being filled out in the parking lot and the impossible spikes of all Biden votes. And for the fact that over 700K more returned mail in votes than were sent out. At least that is what they are alleging. Did you know that about six weeks before the election a laptop and several election machine machines were stolen from the Philly voting machine storage area. https://apnews.com/article/voting-m...philadelphia-f8a6453dc9e211ef20e9412d003511b1

How could that have felt....

170823092629-01-hillary-clinton-nov-9-super-tease.jpg
Is that what Hillary claimed to be? God chosen? The strongest? Best? Most word knowing?

Well okay, if this is all you've got after 4 years, I think everything is going to be okay.

How do you feel about her getting off with no charges on the pedo pizza joint case? I bet Obama had a hand in it.

Wink. Wink.

Back
Top Bottom