• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's claim about former POTUSes and the wall

By former Preisidents, he probably meant Bush Sr. and Reagan.
No I can't say for sure , but in these pictures it sure looks like they're talking about border security.5576065.jpgBN-KH911_TRUMPR_P_20150915164757.jpg

Trump claimed ex-presidents told him they wished they built a wall.

So the only way you’re going to stop that is by having a solid steel structure, or concrete structure, whether it’s a wall or some form of very powerful steel. Now the steel is actually more expensive than the concrete, but I think we’re probably talking about steel because I really feel the other side feels better about it, and I can understand what they’re saying. It is more expensive.

We mentioned the price, that we want $5.6 billion very strongly. Because numbers are thrown around — $1.6, $2.1, $2.5 [billion] — this is national security we’re talking about. We’re not talking about games. We’re talking about national security. This should have been done by all of the presidents that preceded me, and they all know it. Some of them have told me that we should have done it.
-- Donald Trump

flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

The truth: every living former POTUS has expressly rejected the notion of building Trump's wall.
  • Jimmy Carter

Clarification from former U.S. President Jimmy Carter:

"I have not discussed the border wall with President Trump, and do not support him on the issue.”
    -- Jimmy Carter
  • Bill Clinton:

"They’ve not talked since the inauguration."
  • George W. Bush

"A spokesperson for George W. Bush, Freddy Ford, said Bush never discussed a border wall with Trump."
  • Barack Obama

"Suggesting that we can build an endless wall along our borders, and blame our challenges on immigrants — that doesn’t just run counter to our history as the world’s melting pot, it contradicts the evidence that our growth and our innovation and our dynamism has always been spurred by our ability to attract strivers from every corner of the globe."

How dare he invoke any former POTUS and claim one of them said something they did not!

Is Trump so full-on loony that he didn't realize that there are only four people who could have made remarks of the nature he indicated?

Is Trump so naive as to think that any one of them would lie on his behalf? Trump may be able on occasion to lie and then get his staff to swear to it, but the rest of the world won't. And no former POTUS will or even has reason to.

Trump is too lazy to spend even 5 minutes learning about any subject, let alone something as unimportant to him personally as the wall.

But he will say whatever he thinks the base wants to hear. And the base will reward him by defending his every statement, no matter how ridiculous or disgusting.

Dang...if only there wasnt actual video of Clinton, Bush, and Obama, all proudly touting their support of the hundreds of miles of walls THEY BUILT.

Lie.

Trump is too lazy to spend even 5 minutes learning about any subject, let alone something as unimportant to him personally as the wall.

But he will say whatever he thinks the base wants to hear. And the base will reward him by defending his every statement, no matter how ridiculous or disgusting.

As we can all see from the content in post 26.

I understand COMPLETELY what this thread is about. the pretense that 4 ex presidents dont support border walls.

History proves that to be a lie. Anyone that suggests that at least 3 of 4 of those presidents didnt BUILD walls is a ****ing liar and a hypocrite. INCLUDING those presidents. I qualify that as 3 of 4, because I havent researched Carters position. But facts are clear...Clinton, Bush, and Obama ALL built walls. Walls work. Walls are NEEDED.

Geezus. Talk about dumbing down on the stupid. No, that isn't what this thread is about (they don't support border walls). I suggest you read the OP again.

Dang...if only there wasnt actual video of Clinton, Bush, and Obama, all proudly touting their support of the hundreds of miles of walls THEY BUILT.

:lamo

So they all manage to prove that they are as good at lying after their presidencies as they were DURING their presidencies.

****ing liars and hypocrites.
Hundreds of miles of walls you say? Where are they? Post pics and locations the walls run through.

Last edited:

So they all manage to prove that they are as good at lying after their presidencies as they were DURING their presidencies.

****ing liars and hypocrites.

The question is did any president say to him "we should have done it" regarding the wall? The answer is no.

Trump has a pattern of making up little lies like that to support his arguments. For example, he said that the CEO of U.S. Steel called him and told him they will build 6 new plants. The CEO of U.S. Steel never said that. Trump made it up.

He makes stuff up. You defend him because you have a cult member's mentality.

The question is did any president say to him "we should have done it" regarding the wall? The answer is no.

Trump has a pattern of making up little lies like that to support his arguments. For example, he said that the CEO of U.S. Steel called him and told him they will build 6 new plants. The CEO of U.S. Steel never said that. Trump made it up.

He makes stuff up. You defend him because you have a cult member's mentality.

I dont defend Trump. I DO defend the need for national security;. YOU on the other hand get very uncomfortable,...even angry when I point out how stupid your position is. You remember...that whole..."I support fences and walls...just so long as they arent effective enough to provide a solution for border security" position you have. Just like you get chaffed when I point out how stupid your whole "I support walls and fences when it is Obama building them bit when Trump builds them and proposes they actually be EFFECTIVE...THATS Racist" comments are.

I guess you could say I dont support Trump as much as I oppose the stupidity in the positions you and others take, simply because you hate Trump. Its because of people like you and your hatred of Trump that people like Schumer and Pelosi...people that have TOUTED walls and barriers, VOTED for them, claimed they are NEEDED and essential to combat illegal immigration and for national security are NOW empowered to claim that the same walls and barriers they voted FOR are racist and have been willing to shut down the government. And they know you will swallow it for them.

As of May 2015, DHS had installed:

353 miles of Primary Pedestrian Fencing.
36 miles of Secondary Fencing.
14 miles of Tertiary Pedestrian Fencing.
300 miles of Vehicle Fencing.

As to the wheres...do your own research. Its not that hard to find.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico–United_States_barrier
I have done my own research. It’s why I asked you to support your assertion:

I don’t know if aussies consider walls and fencing the same thing, but we Americans don’t.

Maybe you should stick to talking about Australian politics, if you know anything.

I don’t know if aussies consider walls and fencing the same thing, but we Americans don’t.

Maybe you should stick to talking about Australian politics, if you know anything.

You are going to pin your hopes and dreams on THAT stupid argument.

pathetic

What is the purpose of a wall? What is the purpose of a fence? What are the NUMEROUS synonyms for 'walls'?

Wait...Let me guess...you are just like every other leftist that really rally really supports border security...as long as it is ineffective and doesnt do what it is supposed to do.

So....waddya think...wall or fence?
border-fence-reuters-fred-greaves.jpg

And more importantly...dont you feel stupid for pretending there is a difference JUST because you hate someone?

You are going to pin your hopes and dreams on THAT stupid argument.

pathetic

What is the purpose of a wall? What is the purpose of a fence? What are the NUMEROUS synonyms for 'walls'?

Wait...Let me guess...you are just like every other leftist that really rally really supports border security...as long as it is ineffective and doesnt do what it is supposed to do.
So....waddya think...wall or fence?
View attachment 67247557

And more importantly...dont you feel stupid for pretending there is a difference JUST because you hate someone?

You must be more insecure than I thought, needing to post twice and still not proving your fake point that Clinton, Bush, and Obama built “hundreds of miles of wall.”

Take a virtual tour of the border and then come back with another lie: https://www.usatoday.com/border-wall/usa-today-network-border-project-about-vr-podcasts-map/map

C’mon, mate, prove me wrong.
Lets clear the air about the aussie thing. I am a red blooded American. I use my avatar to post picture of heroes. This particular Shelia earned the spot when she sheilded her child from softball sized hail taking an ass whupping like a champ for the love of her child. It will change...but for now...she gets respect.

And I have already proved you 'wrong' by citing the link to literally hundreds of miles of walls.

synonyms: barrier, partition, room divider, enclosure, screen, panel, separator, fence, palisade, dam, dyke,

Now be honest. Dont you feel stupid in your desperate need to try to pretend THIS

fence.jpg

is not a wall? Look how readily you compromise your character and integrity (assuming it was previously intact) in the name of something so ridiculous as partisan hatred.

Lets clear the air about the aussie thing. I am a red blooded American. I use my avatar to post picture of heroes. This particular Shelia earned the spot when she sheilded her child from softball sized hail taking an ass whupping like a champ for the love of her child. It will change...but for now...she gets respect.

And I have already proved you 'wrong' by citing the link to literally hundreds of miles of walls.

synonyms: barrier, partition, room divider, enclosure, screen, panel, separator, fence, palisade, dam, dyke,

Now be honest. Dont you feel stupid in your desperate need to try to pretend THIS

View attachment 67247561

is not a wall? Look how readily you compromise your character and integrity (assuming it was previously intact) in the name of something so ridiculous as partisan hatred.
Well now it’s clear that you’re far more stupid than I’d previously estimated. An Aussie would rate some slack for not knowing better, but not an American. Especially one who professes knowledge of the various forms of barriers along our southern border.

Anyone can post pics and claim that they represent “hundreds of miles of wall”. Doesn’t make it so. All it proves is some areas that are walled.

As believable as the 1,000 miles of fence here
6221997F-2579-4E1D-AF19-531D6C0F0654.jpg
and here
AB4855B8-A7AB-4447-A1F4-7FABB94E2C88.jpg
and here.
66E1BFE2-C023-4DCE-8BA3-7093C1217A45.jpg

The only partisan here is you. And your fake posts prove it.

Well now it’s clear that you’re far more stupid than I’d previously estimated. An Aussie would rate some slack for not knowing better, but not an American. Especially one who professes knowledge of the various forms of barriers along our southern border.

Anyone can post pics and claim that they represent “hundreds of miles of wall”. Doesn’t make it so. All it proves is some areas that are walled.

As believable as the 1,000 miles of fence here
View attachment 67247562
and here
View attachment 67247563
and here.
View attachment 67247564

The only partisan here is you. And your fake posts prove it.

Nope...not 'fake' at all. In fact what YOU just posted is evidence of the stupidity of your position. You SUPPORT border security and 'fences'...as long as it is the inept **** like what you just posted. You are all for Obamas border fences...so long as they dont...you know...actually DO anything.

Pathetic. You just kicked your own ass and I doubt you are smart enough to know it.

I dont defend Trump. I DO defend the need for national security;. YOU on the other hand get very uncomfortable,...even angry when I point out how stupid your position is. You remember...that whole..."I support fences and walls...just so long as they arent effective enough to provide a solution for border security" position you have. Just like you get chaffed when I point out how stupid your whole "I support walls and fences when it is Obama building them bit when Trump builds them and proposes they actually be EFFECTIVE...THATS Racist" comments are.

Sorry, but this is just stupid stuff, here. Trump Wall proponents aren't "defending the need for national security". They are using that as alibi to rationalize an agenda that is much more cowardly, much less courageous. That's what fake patriotism has always done in our society. There is zero need for additional wall along the southern border, as numerous non-partisan analyses have already concluded. There is no "crisis" of suspected terrorists entering the country via the southern border. There
have NOT been "4000" suspected terrorists stopped at the southern border...in FACT, that number is SIX. In FACT, there have been SEVEN times (i.e. 41) suspected terrorists detained at the NOTHERN BORDER, than at the souther border.'

So, let's be clear. There is nothing intelligent or honest about your arguments. They are little more than lies, or expressions of frank ignorance.

I guess you could say I dont support Trump as much as I oppose the stupidity in the positions you and others take, simply because you hate Trump. Its because of people like you and your hatred of Trump that people like Schumer and Pelosi...people that have TOUTED walls and barriers, VOTED for them, claimed they are NEEDED and essential to combat illegal immigration and for national security are NOW empowered to claim that the same walls and barriers they voted FOR are racist and have been willing to shut down the government. And they know you will swallow it for them.

Sorry again, you can't spew stupidity, and then claim to oppose it. That just doesn't work. So, let's be clear about the FACTS. When the Secure Fence Act was passed in 2006, many Democrats in the Senate ( like Schumer) did vote for it because it included the border security initiatives they wanted (drones, technology, etc)...while republicans vote for it because it incuded funding to reinforce up existing fencing along the border. It was a compromise. Democrats got what they wanted. Gopers got what they wanted. So anyone (like you) who argues that Democrats voted FOR a wall...is being (at best) disingenous.

And Pelosi did NOT vote for it. So that remark was either another lie...or just ignorance.

Nope...not 'fake' at all. In fact what YOU just posted is evidence of the stupidity of your position. You SUPPORT border security and 'fences'...as long as it is the inept **** like what you just posted. You are all for Obamas border fences...so long as they dont...you know...actually DO anything.

Pathetic. You just kicked your own ass and I doubt you are smart enough to know it.
You continue to cause my estimation of your intelligence (integrity and honesty, also) to drop further with each of your succeeding posts. No doubt other members too.

My only position has been that your claim of “hundreds of miles of wall” built by Clinton, W, and Obama is false. Which has been proven.

Sadly for you, your apparent partisanship precludes an honest debate. :naughty

"You do you," so to speak. For my part, I don't know why you dignified that guy's remarks by responding to them. I'm just now "checking in" to see what's transpired since last I read this thread, but I'd wager dollars to donuts that you're going to rather than discussing the actual topic -- Trump's dissembling and its policy and diplomatic impacts -- end up down some sort of equivocal "rabbit hole" and discussing yourself and the other member instead of Trump and the detriment his paltering poses.

The thread isn't about you, me or any other member, but that guy will have you derailing the thread so you can instead indulge responding to his misrepresentations/mischaracterizations of your remarks. Maybe you find that sort of argy-bargy interesting?

Back
Top Bottom