• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump will be impeached and found guilty even if it is after Jan. 20th

I think the last thing Senile Joe wants is this to happen because there is a good chance the GOP takes both houses in 2022 and paybacks could be a real Pelosi

I would have agreed with you before the attempted coup on Jan 6th, but it's clear based on the comments from Trump's supporters, polling showing half of the GOP supports the rioters, and the actions of McConnell and other establishment/mainstream GOP figures that the GOP has fractured into two separate political parties.

The GOP will cease to be relevant on the national stage for years to come.

You give him way too much credit. He did what he did just to avoid having to accept defeat, I don't think think sedition was on his mind. Though clearly there were severe consequences to his lies, both to Republican party and to the country as a whole.
What is a more seditious act then inciting a murderous mob to storm the Capitol to kidnap and murder our elected representatives? You are giving him far too much leeway and his sedition is continuing still.

I would have agreed with you before the attempted coup on Jan 6th, but it's clear based on the comments from Trump's supporters, polling showing half of the GOP supports the rioters, and the actions of McConnell and other establishment/mainstream GOP figures that the GOP has fractured into two separate political parties.

The GOP will cease to be relevant on the national stage for years to come.
I heard that after watergate. Then Carter got crushed by Reagan

Has anyone here ever watched "The Good Doctor?"

It's about a physician/surgeon that has autism.

Now, we have a president with a mental condition. Only, this is for real. This ain't TV.
Biden is not President yet, but yes, Alzheimer is for real.

I heard that after watergate. Then Carter got crushed by Reagan

I think the dynamics are totally different. Nixon chose to resign after overwhelming evidence of his guilt became public. Nixon wasn't forced out by an opposing faction within the GOP. However, within the present political environment, despite the fact there is no credible and persuasive evidence of widespread voter fraud, Trump supporters think establishment figures like McConnell, by not supporting a fascist coup to keep Trump in power, by not overturning a free and fair election, are somehow not being sufficiently loyal to Trump and their movement. And I don't have any access to any official polling or anything, but as I have examined the most popular pro-Trump websites, it seems the vast majority of die-hard Trumpers are leaving the GOP. We even have people on this forum who have publicly stated they are leaving the GOP. We also have indirect evidence such as official polling saying something like about half of the GOP support the fascist coup attempt on Jan 6th. I think the only way the Republican Party can unite again is if the establishment figures become fascists themselves or are primaried. But I just don't see someone like McConnell suddenly adopting overtly fascistic strategies. He has too much respect for the Constitution.

Last edited:
I think the last thing Senile Joe wants is this to happen because there is a good chance the GOP takes both houses in 2022 and paybacks could be a real Pelosi

There is a better chance than usual that they won't.

Trumpism is gonna leave a real bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

I think the dynamics are totally different.

Agree, totally different.
Everyone hated Nixon in his party as well as out.
Trump has a cult that will never go away. The real question is, can it be handed down?

There is a better chance than usual that they won't.

Trumpism is gonna leave a real bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.
Lets see what happens.

Agree, totally different.
Everyone hated Nixon in his party as well as out.
Trump has a cult that will never go away. The real question is, can it be handed down?
I the one term mistake is banned from running for office he might try to prop up Ivanka but other then that any "handing down" will not be likely. He is not the type to play second fiddle to anyone to say the least.

I the one term mistake is banned from running for office he might try to prop up Ivanka but other then that any "handing down" will not be likely. He is not the type to play second fiddle to anyone to say the least.

I was think more along the lines of him dying from a heart attack as he is a fat pig, would his voting block of crazies remain intact under a Trumpism banner headed by family or even non family members.

Think about St. Ronnie. He had his following for 40 years until Trump instantly vanquished him from the memory of the deplorables. Trump is easily 10 times as worshiped.

Has anyone here ever watched "The Good Doctor?"

It's about a physician/surgeon that has autism.

Now, we have a president with a mental condition. Only, this is for real. This ain't TV.
He's not the Prez,
There is every chance the GOP will take back both chambers in 2022, especially the House. The only thing that could stop that is if Trumpers are serious about leaving the GOP.

Redistricting favors the GOP having several more state legislatures, especially in important and battleground states. Reapportionment most definitely favors the GOP.

he hasn't been sworn in yet.

Back
Top Bottom