• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump was fuming about sharing the spotlight with GHW Bush — but proud of himself for behaving

Re: Trump was fuming about sharing the spotlight with GHW Bush

I doubt anyone wanted to be there.

That's a new low for you.

He had the nerve to say that Bush's death put a damper on his HUGELY SUCCESSFUL G20 summit.

The man is simply mentally ill and has the manners of a cretin.

Yes in think both Obama and Trump acted in an inappropriate way at a funeral.

Thank you for your honesty.

If I look back to 2013 I know I would find posts from myself criticizing what Obama and Cameron did at the Mandela memorial. I'm no hypocrite, so I am comfortable criticizing Trump's petulant behavior at Bush's service. I have high standards of behavior I expect from POTUS, and in both situations, POTUS let me down.

Donald Trump was reportedly annoyed this week that he had to share the spotlight with funeral services for George H.W. Bush, but was proud of public behavior.

The president attended the state ceremony Wednesday in Washington, D.C., where he received a chilly reception from his predecessors but heard no open rebukes from the Bush family or other speakers at the services, reported the New York Times.

Administration officials revealed to the newspaper that Trump was “snappish with aides most of the week,” at least partly because he resented so many ceremonial events focused on the former president and not himself.

Trump sat through much of the funeral services with his arms folded and did not recite the Apostles’ Creed along with the former presidents and others in attendance or sing hymns.

The newspaper reported that Trump was “impatient for the memorials to end but expressed pride in himself for remaining publicly civil.”

Sources close to the president said he had changed course since he was widely criticized for his public behavior the week of Sen. John McCain’s services, where several speakers took aim at him — and to which he was not invited.
Raw Story https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/trump-fuming-sharing-spotlight-ghw-bush-proud-behaving-funeral/

Christ....

How childish does someone have to be to pout their way through a funeral because they're mad it's not about them (and stupid enough to be mad that the funeral is not about them) and actually congratulate themselves for not having thrown a tantrum?

He's insightful enough to be glad he wasn't a giant ****, but childish enough to be a petulant one anyway? I...ugh... will this nightmare ever end?

This post is in the NON-MSM section, so its appropriately placed....

As non-MSM media goes, Raw Story is more credible than most...

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/raw-story/

So, now that we put your sidebar concerns to rest, do you have a response to that actual topic at hand?

We do know that the Raw Story article is completely consistent with Trump's insatiable need to be the center of attention. The idea that he found the timing of Bush's death inconvenient to rude in Trump's eyes seems to be in his (lack of) character.

trump said Bush's death put a damper on his meeting with the Chinese at the G20. And he and Malaria left the state funeral early because it was obvious he didn't want to be there and was pis***d that he didn't get a standing ovation when he entered and NOONE praised him in the eulogies.

And to prevent another twitter sh**storm, Jeb Bush had to come out afterwards and praise the trumps for being so gracious and inviting to the Bush family blah blah blah.

trump is still seething that George WH Bush and his wife voted for Hillary in 2016 and that Barbara SPECIFICALLY said she didn't want trump to be at HER funeral.

Christ....

How childish does someone have to be to pout their way through a funeral because they're mad it's not about them (and stupid enough to be mad that the funeral is not about them) and actually congratulate themselves for not having thrown a tantrum?

He's insightful enough to be glad he wasn't a giant ****, but childish enough to be a petulant one anyway? I...ugh... will this nightmare ever end?

And he stormed out early. He was obviously grumpy when he walked in and was seething when noone talked about him in the eulogies. When Jimmy Carter passes away, trump should do the honorable thing and just make up an excuse and not show up. He could always say that he had an urgent national security matter he HAD to attend to. We know he will be tweeting or playing golf - but he should use an excuse from making a fool of himself AGAIN.

President Trump wished it was all about him. It looks like the rest of the presidents, and their wives wish it was about him too. (the funeral that is)

LOL! All they have to say is "reportedly", and then follow that with anything they want. That's an old leftist trick. Who is the source on this again?

Or they can just use their eyes and see. You should try that sometimes. General Bonespurs is not difficult to read.

As former Sen. Alan Simpson (R-Wyo.) recalled in his remarks at the funeral, Bush would often say, “When the really tough choices come, it’s the country, not me. It’s not about Democrats or Republicans, it’s for our country that I fought for.”

Such a principled and unselfish approach to public life stands in vivid contrast to Trump, who so often makes everything about himself. For Trump, life is a series of battles against foes or perceived foes. What’s important for Trump is that he comes out on top, regardless of the collateral damage to institutions, agreements and individuals.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/420084-why-was-trump-uncomfortable-at-hws-funeral

Or they can just use their eyes and see. You should try that sometimes. General Bonespurs is not difficult to read.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/420084-why-was-trump-uncomfortable-at-hws-funeral

That's obviously false, and it's just an opinion piece. Trump is a rich guy, and he'll stay that way. But, he's standing up for us on bad deals around the world, improving the economy, and just making the country great again, as he promised. He does this while being constantly attacked with false accusation after false accusation by the left. He doesn't need any of this. He could have a very good life without all the leftist's abuse.

Seems pretty selfless to me. Just like George H. W. Bush, who the left hated and attacked, just like Trump.

Back
Top Bottom