• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Wants to Deliver Prime Time Address on Government Shutdown and Will Visit the Border

What would you expect CNN to say, they lie more than Trump. Thus Fake News. I agree why does CNN lie and spin so much?

If "the wall" was important to #45, why did he turn down the bill funding it? And why hasn't he spent the existing appropriation for border security (but not his wall)?
The House Appropriations Committee on Wednesday passed its 2019 spending bill that funds the Department of Homeland Security, provides about $5 billion for border security efforts — including President Trump’s desired U.S.-Mexico border wall — and includes several checks on the administration tied to the ongoing child separation crisis at the border.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/25/house-appropriations-committee-passes-2019-homelan/

Why did he, press Sec., V.P. and sec. Homeland Security say they had stopped 4,000 terrorists mostly at the southern border when his administration's statistics say they stopped them at airports and only 6 at the southern border but 42 at the northern border? Do we need a wall from Canada?

Why has he shut down paying TSA, Coast Guard, etc. from patrolling the border if there is a crisis?

Emergency! Everybody please to get from street!
- "The Russians Are Coming! The Russians Are Coming!" (1966)

What would you expect CNN to say, they lie more than Trump. Thus Fake News. I agree why does CNN lie and spin so much?

Nice false Whataboutism. But feel free to fact check the fact check I linked, please offer citation for each claim being wrong.

And it's not just CNN,

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/08/us/politics/trump-speech.html
https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-shep-smith-fact-checks-trumps-border-security-speech-2019-1
https://www.factcheck.org/2019/01/video-factchecking-trumps-immigration-address/

P.S. I'm not sure they lie more than Trump. Trump has over 4,000 in the last 2 years. Does CNN have over 4,000 incorrect stories? Offer some sourcing on this please.

I'm not sure they lie more than Trump. Trump has over 4,000 in the last 2 years. Does CNN have over 4,000 incorrect stories? Offer some sourcing on this please.

Everything CNN says is a lie. They are not called Fake News for nothing

Mr. Trump's "Eight Minutes of Fame" was a total bust as far as delivering anything new.

However, I have modified my position somewhat and I do believe that he should be given some money to "fight the terrorists flooding into the US from Mexico".

What I propose is that Congress start with his $5.6Bn and pro rate it according to the actual proven number of "terrorists flooding into the US from Mexico".

That would mean that Congress should IMMEDIATELY authorize the sum of ($5,600,000,000 / 4,000 x 6) $8,400,000 with which Mr. Trump can IMMEDIATELY build "The Wall".

Don't you think that that is "A Modest Proposal" that should be immediately acted on?

Thrown in the Brooklyn Bridge and you may have a deal.

Ask congress they have it.

So your saying there is a plan that Republicans and democratic Congress people have been asking for but haven't gotten to see because it's in the Congress?
Are you serious right now?

Don't you know we have immigration laws in the country. We have legal immigration and there are illegals crossing our border, those crossing illegally are breaking our laws. That's a fact

In part true.

Those who cross the US border and who DO NOT present themselves to the US border control authorities - especially those who have no intention of doing so but who do intend to remain in the US - within the time period permitted by US law ARE breaking the laws of the United States of America.

However, any person who crosses the US border - regardless of where or how they cross it - but DO present themselves to the US border control authorities within the time period permitted by US law - ARE NOT breaking the laws of the United States of America.

Since almost all US border control offices are physically located INSIDE the United States of America, it is (almost always) necessary to enter the United States of America BEFORE reporting to one.

The offence IS NOT (and I'm paraphrasing not citing the actual words of the statute) "entering the United States of America without first obtaining permission" (since you have to, in most cases, enter the United States of America in order to obtain permission to REMAIN in the United States of America. Rather the offence IS (and I'm paraphrasing not citing the actual words of the statute) "remaining in the United States of America without having the permission needed to do so".

It's not hard for me to understand.

Indeed it isn't.

That why we need a closed border.

So your position is that no one should be allowed to enter the United States of America in order to "check in" with the CBP people and thus have their permission to be in the United States of America affirmed or rejected?

BTW, are you going to build walls all along the Atlantic Coast, the Canada/US border, the Pacific Coast, each and every one of the Aleutian Islands, the Arctic Ocean Coast, each and every one of the Hawai'ian Islands, and all of the American possessions?

And with your open border policy anyone can come across and it's a magnat for terrorist to come across, all they have to do is walk across.

In fact, the "open border" that you want to spend $25Bn to $50Bn to "protect" has had a total of SIX potential (in this case "potential" includes "comes from a country that terrorists might come from, but we don't know any more about them than that") "terrorists" intercepted in the past year.

So your saying there is a plan that Republicans and democratic Congress people have been asking for but haven't gotten to see because it's in the Congress?
Are you serious right now?

Tell me when Obmacare was being developed did you know everything in it as it was going through the process? Because if you did you were one of the few. After it was completed, Pelosi said she had to read it to find out what's in it.

Tell me when Obmacare was being developed did you know everything in it as it was going through the process? Because if you did you were one of the few. After it was completed, Pelosi said she had to read it to find out what's in it.

Really your going to pull the ACA card...sorry but that's played out and over used.
You told me to ask Congress for the plan but Congress is asking for the Trump plan no one has seen it. I don't need nitty gritty details all I need is a budget, where, and what.
Something anything would be better than what has been offered.
And although I don't think I should answer your question I will no I did not know everything that was on the ACA bill but I at least knew what it was, a proposed budget and a timeline.
Now when it was passed I was pissed at all the checks that people in areas that were marching in the streets against it would get and still get. I'm still pissed about that because there still saying yeah I worked in those mines got lung disease can't work and the ACA gives me a check for that but I'm voting for anyone that will get rid of it but don't touch my check. I'm still pissed poor states that chose not to accept Medicaid expansion should have then had to pay there full share of Medicaid dollars to the federal government, not the pittance they were paying.
And I'm really pissed they passed a ****ing bill that was developed by Republicans and Republicans decided it wasn't any good...yeah it wasn't because dems shouldn't have compromised on anything.

Really your going to pull the ACA card...sorry but that's played out and over used.

I was pointing out the process. And as I pointed out Obamacare was passed and Pelosi said she had to read it to find out what's in it. That was acceptable to you then and now it's not acceptable. Not only that Obamafail lied 36 time on air we could keep our Dr., we could keep our insurance and we would save over $2,000 per yr per family.

You told me to ask Congress for the plan but Congress is asking for the Trump plan no one has seen it. I don't need nitty gritty details all I need is a budget, where, and what.

Trump is asking for 5.7 billion for a wall in at the most vulnerable locations.

And although I don't think I should answer your question I will no I did not know everything that was on the ACA bill but I at least knew what it was, a proposed budget and a timeline.

No you did not, Obamafail change the roll out several times on parts that he did not want to go into effect until later.

As for the wall and all this business that we need to open the government and then we can talk about the immigration bill. For Christ sake they've had 21 days to talk about it and pelosi and Schemer have no interest. In fact Trump asked Pelosi if he opened up the government would you pass my wall funding and she said "NO"

I was pointing out the process. And as I pointed out Obamacare was passed and Pelosi said she had to read it to find out what's in it. That was acceptable to you then and now it's not acceptable. Not only that Obamafail lied 36 time on air we could keep our Dr., we could keep our insurance and we would save over $2,000 per yr per family.

Trump is asking for 5.7 billion for a wall in at the most vulnerable locations.

No you did not, Obamafail change the roll out several times on parts that he did not want to go into effect until later.

As for the wall and all this business that we need to open the government and then we can talk about the immigration bill. For Christ sake they've had 21 days to talk about it and pelosi and Schemer have no interest. In fact Trump asked Pelosi if he opened up the government would you pass my wall funding and she said "NO"

I kept my doctor and my plan and saved over $2000 per year if yo uh didn't you need to go see your governor.
So there was no lie to me.
As far as the process, I knew what it was, when it would take place and what it would do. So no trump wanting a wall and no one knowing what, where and how much is not the same.
Trump is asking for 5.7b for something that changes daily. I'm glad your okay with that I'm not
Of course Pelosi said no that's not a negotiation open the government stop hurting regular every day people and for that I get 5.7b for a wall ....**** no!
A negotiation would be okay lets sit down and talk about border security and what do you need to actually break ground and is the land owned by the government, so land could be broken.
Pelosi and Schumer better not give a dollar until there is some plan.
I'm helping my fellow American as are many of us that don't hate the government that's being screwed by the president go ahead Mr Trump keep it going as you sink further and further. There are plenty of people like me that will help my fellow brothers and sisters out there.

Names and dates, what is that going to prove, I need an andit to prove he saved over $2,000 on his healthcare insurance each year.

And if he did produce the receipts/bills, then you would still not believe him because "anyone can falsify documents".

Right?

Produce the proof. Put up or shut up.

Would you accept the documents if he did produce them:

____ Yes.

____ No.

____ Maybe, but I'm not going to tell you and even if I do tell you I might not do what I said I was going to do.

Would you accept the documents if he did produce them:

____ Yes.

____ No.

____ Maybe, but I'm not going to tell you and even if I do tell you I might not do what I said I was going to do.

Provide the proof. Put up or shut up.

Back
Top Bottom