• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump vs Pelosi, By the Numbers

The person answered your question, said no it's not good for the country so where did you get the rest from?

" Dems not caving in to Trump's blackmail was good for it."

Explain of the shutdown was not good for the country, but dems not caving in to Trump was good for it (meaning country).
Bottom line the public got hurt. Again, IF Congress had passed a 2019 budget there would have been no shutdown. Instead they play the CR game. That means both the Dems and Repubs can share in the blame.

You do realize Congress should be working on the 2020 budget by now. Instead we still have no final budget for 2019.

I had to laugh when I heard Trump announce "we have made a deal ..."

He came away from that "deal" with nothing, zero, nada, zilch.

Actually, it was less than zero, because a number of GOP senators broke ranks in the process. That means if Trump has not learned his lesson about shutdowns, it will be that much more difficult for him in the future. If he continues to alienate senators in his own party, how does that bode for him if the House adopts articles of impeachment?

" Dems not caving in to Trump's blackmail was good for it."

Explain of the shutdown was not good for the country, but dems not caving in to Trump was good for it (meaning country).
Bottom line the public got hurt. Again, IF Congress had passed a 2019 budget there would have been no shutdown. Instead they play the CR game. That means both the Dems and Repubs can share in the blame.

You do realize Congress should be working on the 2020 budget by now. Instead we still have no final budget for 2019.

Bottom line: Trump tried to blackmail the nation and lost. Live with it. Because a blackmailer who holds the nation hostage getting his ass handed to him is good for the country.

Bottom line: Trump tried to blackmail the nation and lost. Live with it. Because a blackmailer who holds the nation hostage getting his ass handed to him is good for the country.

Bottom line: it seems you don't care about the federal workers, private contactors, and others the shut down hurt.

The shutdown was not good for the country and shows how inept politicians are.

Severe ass beating say the numbers.

Blundering dolts blunder. And, Pelosi cleaned this dolt's clock.

It's both amazing and depressing in equal measure that 37% of Americans actually approve of what Trump has done over the last month or so.

It really does beg belief.

I had to laugh when I heard Trump announce "we have made a deal ..."

He came away from that "deal" with nothing, zero, nada, zilch...

I smiled when he began "I am proud to announce..." (through obviously gritted teeth).

:)

Bottom line: it seems you don't care about the federal workers, private contactors, and others the shut down hurt.

The shutdown was not good for the country and shows how inept politicians are.

One politician is more inept than the others.

You're being very shortsighted, if you take the long view you can understand why this helps the country in the end. Short term you're right, but what if the Dems had caved? It would have set a horrible precedent. Would he expect and work towards any other goal next year? Why wouldn't the next Repub try the same tactic or the next Dem?

It'll be the same thing if he declares an emergency when crossings have declined so much in recent years. It's a lie that it's an emergency and our third branch knows it too. Maybe he just wants to tell The Base he tried knowing it would be tied up in court for years.

So now will he demand to give the SOTUS from the House, then declare an emergency?

If he does declare why wouldn't the next Dem president do the same and declare too many die by guns and that California gun laws be applied across the nation? Or declare an environmental emergency?

Repubs and moderates need to look past their noses...

Back
Top Bottom