• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump-toughest ever on Russia

When you use purile terms like "libtard" you credibility and overall intelligence are called into question and your overall argument is heavily compromised.

You must not be familiar with my post. I don't try to hide the fact that i'm retarded. In fact I purposely act like an asshole and post stupid **** for comedic affect.

It's what makes it so funny when I point out the stupid **** people post.

You must not be familiar with my post. I don't try to hide the fact that i'm retarded. In fact I purposely act like an asshole and post stupid **** for comedic affect.

It's what makes it so funny when I point out the stupid **** people post.

You might want to get a second opinion on it being "so funny."

A July 2018 NPR "Morning Edition" broadcast called "Is Trump the Toughest Ever on Russia?" examined Trump's assertion, "There's never been a president as tough on Russia as I have been." NPR largely agreed, "That might sound like hyperbole, but in this case, there's actually some basis for the President's boast." Trump, said NPR, increased spending on the European Deterrence Initiative; sent lethal weapons to Ukraine (which President Barack Obama resisted doing); changed our military's rules of engagement in Syria, which resulted in hundreds of dead Russian soldiers; pushed for greater domestic energy production, potentially harming Russian oil market share; and sanctioned dozens of Russian "oligarchs." NPR quoted Daniel Vajdich, a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council, who said, "When you actually look at the substance of what this administration has done, not the rhetoric but the substance, this administration has been much tougher on Russia than any in the post-Cold War era."

T.A. Frank, who writes for Vanity Fair, is a self-described liberal. He recently warned "Trump haters" to brace themselves for a letdown when Mueller releases his report, because "those who hope for an unveiling of indictments linking Putin and Trump in a grand conspiracy have no more reason to celebrate than they did a week or a month ago." As to Trump's alleged softness toward Russia, Frank concurs with NPR. "Trump's White House," he wrote, "has pursued what is arguably the harshest set of policies toward Russia since the fall of communism."
https://townhall.com/columnists/lar...beral-has-trump-derangement-syndrome-n2539961

So Tell us all about Trump being Putin's puppet??? #SMIRKFEST

#OUCH

Replace "Trump" with "Republicans." In fact, these things were forced on Trump by his own party. Trump didn't even try to hide the fact that he didn't want to sanction Russia at all. Republicans knew that they couldn't let election interference go without a response, so they voted overwhelmingly to sanction Russia, and Trump had no say in it.

It is a fabrication to suggest that this means that Trump is "tough on Russia." He is not. Russia undermined the American election process, and a bipartisan congress had to force his hand to retaliate, and he made it abundantly clear that he did so against his will.

Trump is has been weaker on Russia than any president. Thankfully, we have a congress that can override him and do his job for him when he refuses to do it himself.

#SCHOOLED ;)

Back
Top Bottom