• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump to attempt hamfisted attempt to lure voters with gift cards

I thought it was bush phones, but they were only bad during the Obama years.

The phone thing went into policy under Reagan, as far as I recall. The only became cellphones when it made sense ("Obama phones"), but the change was on the architecture of a Regan-era thing.

As usual he thinks his supporters are stupid. Don't get me wrong. They are. But he thinks his name on the cards will get him votes.

I wonder why his moronic fan base doesn't get offended at all of the insults he lobs at them.
They are too ignorant and brainwashed to get offended. They will be offended about something when he tells them to, obey your cult leader, he will protect you.

Here's a better headline....

Trump attempts to attempt hamfisted attempt to lure attempted voters with gift attempt cards

Here's a better headline....

Trump attempts to attempt hamfisted attempt to lure attempted voters with gift attempt cards

I hope they gave you a raise for that.

As usual he thinks his supporters are stupid. Don't get me wrong. They are. But he thinks his name on the cards will get him votes.

I wonder why his moronic fan base doesn't get offended at all of the insults he lobs at them.

Let's not underestimate the power of these giveaways. Such strategies are extremely effective in the third world. Trump's political brilliance is that he doesn't overestimate voters. He knows that most of them are gullible.

He's also trying to buy Black voters by offering some "platinum plan" for Blacks. He's saying he's going to invest billions into Black communities. If Obama tried that Republicans would do everything in their power to block him. They would call it reverse racism. They would challenge it in the courts. But it's Trump so they'll go along with it.

To be honest, if Trump had used his power with Republicans to do things that no Democrat could ever get past Republicans like universal health care and help for Black communities, he would have easily won reelection.

Anyway, Trump knows he's losing and he's ready to pull out all the tricks in the bag.

And he want's to send them through the USPS which he has been disparaging for months. This guy is an idiot if he thinks seniors will vote for him for $200.00. Can you say buying votes?

He is also taking Platinum Loans to the African American community. He is desperately pandering, and it’s only for votes.

but using government money to campaign seems wrong
Seems wrong? It's illegal FGS !!!

President Trump unexpectedly announced Thursday that his administration will send $200 discount cards to 33 million older Americans to help them defray the cost of prescription drugs — appealing to a significant voting constituency weeks before the November elections. The president tucked the announcement into a speech that he portrayed as his health-care vision, without including specifics about how the government would pay for it or which of the nation’s Medicare recipients would receive it. White House officials said the price tag, about $7 billion, could be paid for through an experimental program to lower Medicare drug prices that remains merely a proposal. The idea of a drug card was not mentioned in a briefing for journalists detailing highlights of the president’s planned remarks about two hours before his speech to an audience of health professionals and supporters in Charlotte.

One White House official, speaking on the condition of anonymity to be candid, said the idea of a drug discount card was a “last-minute thing that is still being worked out” and originated in the office of White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows. . . . The coronavirus pandemic has ratcheted up the salience of access to insurance and affordable care as shutdowns to protect people from infection have caused millions of Americans to lose jobs and the health benefits their employers provided. A White House spokesman said the drug discount cards Trump mentioned could be used to offset co-pays for the medicines of people receiving the cards. . .

In his remarks, Trump called the discount cards a “historic provision to benefit our great seniors.” He said 33 million people on Medicare “will soon receive a card in the mail containing $200 that they can use to help pay for prescription drugs. Nobody’s seen this before. “These cards are incredible,” he said, adding that they “will be mailed out in coming weeks.””

[cont.]

Yeah, let's not work with the Dems on a second COVID stimulus that might actually help. Have some cake crumbs instead. That $200 will buy you, I dunno, eight of the thirty pills you need.

The upshot is the probability of backfire.
Discount cards; meaning they'll have to spend money first in order to get a discount? Not much of an incentive that I can see.

One White House official, speaking on the condition of anonymity to be candid, said the idea of a drug discount card was a “last-minute thing that is still being worked out” and originated in the office of White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows. . . . The coronavirus pandemic has ratcheted up the salience of access to insurance and affordable care as shutdowns to protect people from infection have caused millions of Americans to lose jobs and the health benefits their employers provided. A White House spokesman said the drug discount cards Trump mentioned could be used to offset co-pays for the medicines of people receiving the cards. . .

Wait; 7 billion dollars, financed with tax money? that is a lot of taxmoney; about 7% of the awarage americans income taxpayment for one year, if my calculations are correct. Don't you have any laws against using tax money for personal campains or for squandering state funds?

President Trump unexpectedly announced Thursday that his administration will send $200 discount cards to 33 million older Americans to help them defray the cost of prescription drugs — appealing to a significant voting constituency weeks before the November elections. The president tucked the announcement into a speech that he portrayed as his health-care vision, without including specifics about how the government would pay for it or which of the nation’s Medicare recipients would receive it. White House officials said the price tag, about $7 billion, could be paid for through an experimental program to lower Medicare drug prices that remains merely a proposal. The idea of a drug card was not mentioned in a briefing for journalists detailing highlights of the president’s planned remarks about two hours before his speech to an audience of health professionals and supporters in Charlotte.

In his remarks, Trump called the discount cards a “historic provision to benefit our great seniors.” He said 33 million people on Medicare “will soon receive a card in the mail containing $200 that they can use to help pay for prescription drugs. Nobody’s seen this before. “These cards are incredible,” he said, adding that they “will be mailed out in coming weeks.””

[cont.]

Yeah, let's not work with the Dems on a second COVID stimulus that might actually help. Have some cake crumbs instead. That $200 will buy you, I dunno, eight of the thirty pills you need.

The upshot is the probability of backfire.
Oh, seven billion but why not promise us the moon, after all trump doesn't control the purse strings so where is this money coming from? I also want to know is this ok with republicans?

Back
Top Bottom