• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump supporters: Please subscribe to the New York Times and Washington Post!

I think they’re extremely biased and slanted left. There was a piece during the primaries that reported th managing editor of the NYT told his staff’s primary job was to get the Dam candidate elected.
You said the NYT was fiction. That is not true. The NYT is biased, but their reporting is factual and typically presents both sides. Unfortunately, many of the right wing outlets are not factual. There is a big difference between being biased and being fiction.

You said the NYT was fiction. That is not true. The NYT is biased, but their reporting is factual and typically presents both sides. Unfortunately, many of the right wing outlets are not factual. There is a big difference between being biased and being fiction.
We must be talking about different NYTs IF it’s not unbiased reporting it’s fiction. IMHO.

We must be talking about different NYTs IF it’s not unbiased reporting it’s fiction. IMHO.
In Oxford’s opinion fiction is invention or fabrication as opposed to fact. The NYT relies on facts, not fiction. Trump relies on invention and fabrication. Much of the right wing media amplifies Trump’s fiction.

When will our friends on the left learn that the NYT and WP are every bit as biased as Fox News.
Yeah, but biased toward good, not evil.

NYT has a serious credibility problem. A problem that manifested in a pronounced form when Trump took office.
Yes. Trumpanzees can’t comprehend how terrible Dear Leader is, so they pretend the problem is the NYT reporting... not *what* the NYT is reporting.

It helps manage the pain of cognitive dissonance.

Uh, you're joking, right?? How is not clear to ANYBODY that this is precisely what trump is doing-- trying to trying to undermine the power and authority of an established system or institution! How in hell is this only an "opinion"?? What he's doing is a crystal clear text book case of an attempt to subvert!!
You’re not objective.

I was told I should go to different media sites to get the real news.

I said I go to many different local, national and world news sites.

Most of what you see on media news sites may have a little biased only because they are writing something you don't like or don't want to believe because you bought into the lie that it is "fake news"

I was told I should go to different media sites to get the real news.

I said I go to many different local, national and world news sites.

Most of what you see on media news sites may have a little biased only because they are writing something you don't like or don't want to believe because you bought into the lie that it is "fake news"
No, there is a fundamental difference between opinion and fact, and not all media outlets are equally committed to segregating the two.

Yes. Trumpanzees can’t comprehend how terrible Dear Leader is, so they pretend the problem is the NYT reporting... not *what* the NYT is reporting.

It helps manage the pain of cognitive dissonance.
^^^ BTW, in another thread we were discussing the left’s propensity for ad hominem over rational debate. Yet another example.

I know. It may be hard to break away from your daily dose of Fox"News", Breitbart, Rush Limbaugh, and such. But PLEASE, you owe it to yourself and to your country to somehow begin to sober up and consume some actual, fact based, in-depth reporting by some of the finest news reporters in the country. You can take it slowly to start as I believe these sites allow a certain number of visits before you hit their pay wall. But if you pay attention and actually read-- real close-- and absorb the information presented on those sites there's a decent chance that you'll start to snap out of the "alternate fact" based universe of right wing conservative media!

It won't be easy as it's never easy to break away from any kind of cult but rest assured it you can just hang in there long enough you'll begin to see the world in a completely different light! A bright white light of FACTS free of the kind of gutter, low-ball, conspiracy theory, utter nonsense being pumped out that you're used to.

Trust me, it will be money well spent.

Thank you in advance!! :D
I think the same suggestion could be made of you. The only case you have made is that legacy media has taken sides, and your side is better than my side. Given what you argue, you don’t seem to realize that partisanship has blurred the relationship between news and opinion, and they both are trying to sell their view. So here you are trying to change mine.

Sure, (y) just as soon as people like you stop making ignorant assumptions that all Conservatives watch Fox, listen to Rush, and keep house niggas.
I know you watch OAN and NewsMax too. And read Breitbart and Project Veritas.

Yes, that’s among the most common excuses offered to justify journalistic bias. One can expect the same from Breitbart.
If you start now with a selective breeding program and specialized education, after several generations of the right combinations of nature and nurture you might be able to produce an unbiased human being, but don't expect one to happen naturally.

Recall when Barry Weiss quit The New York Times? Here is her resignation letter for all to read.

The New York Times seems to be asserting that they know the absolute truth. The Woke Progressive's at the New York Times, who are essentially political activists, are going to dictate the truth from on high to the 'unwashed masses'. If you disagree with them, then they get to stomp on you. Not the way to run any sort of open journalistic enterprise.

Why would anyone support, by given them money, a 'journalistic enterprise' that behaves like this?

If you start now with a selective breeding program and specialized education, after several generations of the right combinations of nature and nurture you might be able to produce an unbiased human being, but don't expect one to happen naturally.
That is ridiculous. No one is saying journalists can’t have or don’t have political opinions. Of course they do.

The question is whether they have the willingness to keep those opinions out of their assessment of the facts. We demand it if judges, and it’s not too much to ask the same of reporters.

That is ridiculous. No one is saying journalists can’t have or don’t have political opinions. Of course they do.

The question is whether they have the willingness to keep those opinions out of their assessment of the facts. We demand it if judges, and it’s not too much to ask the same of reporters.
You can ask for unbiased reporting of facts but nobody could give you an unbiased assessment of facts. Keep your opinions out of your assessment? Yes, that's asking too much.
And to be honest, any reporter who only gave a bare-bones reporting of facts would be futilely searching for work. You and I aren't the market for journalism. If you're not paying for it, you're not the customer. You and I are the product. We're what they sell to their customers.

In Oxford’s opinion fiction is invention or fabrication as opposed to fact. The NYT relies on facts, not fiction. Trump relies on invention and fabrication. Much of the right wing media amplifies Trump’s fiction.
And yet fiction DOES contain elements of fact. And facts can be bent to create false narratives.

No, there is a fundamental difference between opinion and fact, and not all media outlets are equally committed to segregating the two.

Correct. Some are, some aren't. Shall I name names?

Back
Top Bottom