• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Stands With Attorney Who Threatened Stranger Over Email

roughdraft274

ThunderCougarFalconBird
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Spicer: Trump Stands With Attorney Who Threatened Stranger Over Email – Talking Points Memo

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Monday that the White House stood behind Marc Kasowitz — the lead attorney on the team defending Trump in matters related to the various probes of Russian election interference — after he threatened a private citizen who criticized him.
https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-russia-lawyer-marc-kasowitz-alcohol-security-clearance

“F*ck you,” Kasowitz wrote in one. “I’m on you now,” he said in another. “You are ****ing with me now. Let’s see who you are. Watch your back, bitch.”
Good lord. The guy representing the President of the United States literally made a threat on somebody over an email that someone sent him suggesting he should resign from the case because of a sketchy past. And Potus is keeping him on for the case. His lead lawyer has no history on cases like this and literally has made threats against someone with in the last few weeks. This is so far from normal I'm absolutely astonished. It doesn't matter if you are someone who likes Trump or dislikes Trump. We should all want him to hire adequate representation to defend himself. An adequate investigation requires competent investigators and a competent defense team that is giving good advice to the President.

Trump supporters, do yall agree that this is a bit odd for a president to keep on a lawyer that has no experience in a case like this and has just literally threatened somebody for no good reason?

Spicer: Trump Stands With Attorney Who Threatened Stranger Over Email – Talking Points Memo

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-russia-lawyer-marc-kasowitz-alcohol-security-clearance

Good lord. The guy representing the President of the United States literally made a threat on somebody over an email that someone sent him suggesting he should resign from the case because of a sketchy past. And Potus is keeping him on for the case. His lead lawyer has no history on cases like this and literally has made threats against someone with in the last few weeks. This is so far from normal I'm absolutely astonished. It doesn't matter if you are someone who likes Trump or dislikes Trump. We should all want him to hire adequate representation to defend himself. An adequate investigation requires competent investigators and a competent defense team that is giving good advice to the President.

Trump supporters, do yall agree that this is a bit odd for a president to keep on a lawyer that has no experience in a case like this and has just literally threatened somebody for no good reason?

Not at all surprising that he has hired slime. As they say birds of a feather

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-donald-trump-joseph-mccarthy-rosenberg-trial

Why should it be odd for a president with no political experience who threatened people for no good reason to want to keep a lawyer much akin to himself? The article does have a high level of bias throughout. Very little is said about the lawyer's qualifications (you don't become a 10-30 million a year lawyer by being terrible), just irrelevant gossip about his personal life.
He may have picked the lawyer for their ability to tell the story and not because they have loads of relevant trial history. That is what the co-council is for; you want your most charismatic person to be lead council.

Why should it be odd for a president with no political experience who threatened people for no good reason to want to keep a lawyer much akin to himself? The article does have a high level of bias throughout. Very little is said about the lawyer's qualifications (you don't become a 10-30 million a year lawyer by being terrible), just irrelevant gossip about his personal life.
He may have picked the lawyer for their ability to tell the story and not because they have loads of relevant trial history. That is what the co-council is for; you want your most charismatic person to be lead council.

If he was simply light on relevant trial history I'd understand that premise. But he has 0 from what I've read. I'm sure he's a very accomplished lawyer but not in this space. For something this important you'd expect the best of the best. It's mind boggling quite frankly.

So it seems the lawyer hasn't applied for security clearance because he likely won't get it! :lamo

Everything rolls down from the top. When your a sleazeball, you hire sleazeballs!

So it seems the lawyer hasn't applied for security clearance because he likely won't get it! :lamo

Everything rolls down from the top. When your a sleazeball, you hire sleazeballs!

Thanks for pointing that out, I should have put that in the original post. The POTUS hired his top lawyer and the guy still hasn't applied for a security clearance. Trump is Potus and can hire whoever he wants but we should all want him to have an adequate representation. I can't fathom how he thinks this is a good idea in any way shape of form.

Back
Top Bottom