• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump loses in court...again.

I'll say it again: it will be true poetic justice if his run for president blew down his house of cards.

It's got it all. Pride. Hubris. Vanity. Dishonesty. Venality. Greed. And on and on and on.

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) -A U.S. appeals court on Thursday reversed a judge's appointment of a special master to vet documents seized by the FBI from former President Donald Trump's Florida home.

A three-judge panel of the Atlanta-based 11th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals ruled in favor of the Justice Department in its challenge to a September ruling by U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon.

The 11th Circuit overturned Cannon's decision to grant Trump's request for a special master to vet the records to decide if some should be kept from investigators and to bar investigators from accessing most of the records pending the review.

'The law is clear. We cannot write a rule that allows any subject of a search warrant to block government investigations after the execution of the warrant," the panel said. "Nor can we write a rule that allows only former presidents to do so.'"

It took me a while to find a story on the Internet. It was on television five minutes before I could find it on the 'net.

I'll say it again: it will be true poetic justice if his run for president blew down his house of cards.

It's got it all. Pride. Hubris. Vanity. Dishonesty. Venality. Greed. And on and on and on.
The guy seeks attention like it's heroin, now he's finally getting that attention.

Just as The House Ways and Means Committee finally gets Trump's taxes after trying to get them since 2019 and being stalled, although they had a legal right to them, for all these years!

I can hear Trump's response now.

Trump: See, I told you that the courts are corrupt along with the FBI, DOJ and anyone who does not agree with me. I know more about the law than anyone. Only my interpretation is correct. Everything is "fake" rulings. They are out to get me. I can get no justice. American is a third world country. Only I can save it. Make me ruler for life if you want to save America.

Just as The House Ways and Means Committee finally gets Trump's taxes after trying to get them since 2019 and being stalled, although they had a legal right to them, for all these years!
I'll have to admit that Trump's delay tactics have worked for him in the past. I believe those times are gone. The courts are on to him and his BS. With yesterday's victory in the DC court and now in the 11th circuit, the DOJ is on a roll.

I won't say it. Just look at my avatar.

As much as I think this was the right decision most of me wishes the SM was left in place just so Trump couldn't play the victim card yet again

Here are the seven deadly sins. I wonder if anybody in the cult ever thinks about this...

pride
covetousness
lust
anger
gluttony
envy
sloth

Judge Cannon smacked down with prejudice. She should resign out of common decency. I doubt she has any.

Judge Cannon smacked down with prejudice. She should resign out of common decency. I doubt she has any.
She was groomed by the Federalist Society, picked by Trump and confirmed by the McConnell crew at the last minute and stuck in that south Florida court for the sole purpose of protecting Trump.

By default, she has no decency. Just look at her actions.

Here are the seven deadly sins. I wonder if anybody in the cult ever thinks about this...

pride
covetousness
lust
anger
gluttony
envy
sloth

Well shit, I'm guilty of anger.

pride
covetousness
lust
anger
gluttony
envy
sloth
he is the living embodiment of all seven

You guys are posting like this ended it. I presume there might be further delay as it's appealed to the Supreme Court?

Really looking forward to the responses from all the Trumper's who back in August were crowing about what a big deal this was that Trump got a special master appointed via a Judge he appointed to the bench. Ignoring the arguments from the rest of us that this issue was simply that the District Court does not have the authority to appoint a special master and delay an investigation just because the person requesting thinks he's special and that he deserves special considerations.

And note, he may seek an emergency review by the Supreme Court. That will be summarily rejected.

Given the theory of a poly-sci guy close to me, whose opinion I value, he believes a Trump run would likely force the DOJ's hand to indict in order to protect the nation.

Yeah, that word 'shall' told everyone who was listening long ago, trump would eventually be forced to turn them over.

Appeals court dismisses mar-a-lago special master. When it rains, it pours. Trump is going to beat his poor victim card to death in the coming days.
He delayed things for three months though, so at least in that respect he won.

Really looking forward to the responses from all the Trumper's who back in August were crowing about what a big deal this was that Trump got a special master appointed via a Judge he appointed to the bench. Ignoring the arguments from the rest of us that this issue was simply that the District Court does not have the authority to appoint a special master and delay an investigation just because the person requesting thinks he's special and that he deserves special considerations.

And note, he may seek an emergency review by the Supreme Court. That will be summarily rejected.
He's grasping at greased straws.

He delayed things for three months though, so at least in that respect he won.
You know, I know and I think trump knows, he can still delay a bit but sooner rather than later, his days in court are approaching.

The young female federal district judge appointed by Trump during the dying throes of his administration has been overruled again by the appeals court with three judges appointed by Republican Presidents, two by Trump.

WASHINGTON, Dec 1 (Reuters) - A U.S. appeals court on Thursday dealt a blow to Donald Trump, reversing a judge's appointment of an independent arbiter to vet documents seized by the FBI from his Florida home and allowing all of the records to be used in a criminal investigation of the former president.

Reuters continued, "A three-judge panel of the Atlanta-based 11th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals ruled in favor of the Justice Department in its challenge to a September ruling by U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon to appoint a "special master" to review the records to decide if some should be kept from investigators. The 11th Circuit also overturned Cannon's decision to bar investigators from accessing most of the records pending the review.

"Trump faces a federal criminal investigation into his retention of sensitive government records after leaving office in January 2021, including whether he violated a 1917 law called the Espionage Act that makes it a crime to release information harmful to national security. Investigators also are looking into potential unlawful obstruction of the probe.

"The 11th Circuit said Cannon lacked the authority to grant Trump's request for a special master."

By granting special privileges to Trump, Cannon made a horrible career move.

The Democrats have Trump's tax returns. They may explain why Vladimir Putin helped Trump get elected President, and why Trump holds Putin in such high regard.

“I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today,” President Trump, July 16, 2018. Contrary to American intelligence and a Republican Senate committee, President Trump agreed with the Russian dictator that Russia did not interfere in the 2016 Presidential election.

Perhaps Trump's tax returns will explain this conundrum. We know Trump wanted to keep them hidden from the American people.

CNN reports, "Trump’s taxes have been largely a mystery since his first White House run, when he broke with presidential election norms and refused to produce his tax returns for public review, and they remained private after he took office. His legal team had continuously sought to keep his returns secret, and turned to the Supreme Court – composed of three of his nominees – after he lost at the lower court level.

"The Democratic-led House Ways and Means Committee will meet Thursday to discuss how to handle six years of former President Donald Trump’s federal tax returns, one day after the panel received access to the records following a protracted legal fight.

"The committee is planning to be briefed by House general counsel Doug Letter on the legal ramifications of the section of the tax law that chairman Richard Neal used to request the tax returns, according to a Neal aide.

"Though Democrats will strategize over how to handle the documents at Thursday’s meeting, they are not expected to review the tax returns at that time, and the documents are not expected to be immediately released to the public.

"An expansive New York Times report in 2020 found that Trump paid no federal income taxes whatsoever in 10 out of 15 years beginning in 2000 because he reported losing significantly more than he made."

With his legal fees, I can believe it. His lawyers make more money than he does.

Given the theory of a poly-sci guy close to me, whose opinion I value, he believes a Trump run would likely force the DOJ's hand to indict in order to protect the nation.
I don't think that's how it works. They're not going to sit there saying, should we indict or not, well hey he's running so ya we should, otherwise, let's not care about the evidence and not indict. He's getting indicted, period, and would if he ran or not. The appointment of a special counsel is what was influenced by Biden and traitor trump declaring they're running.

Back
Top Bottom