• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump loses: how long before Trump files bankruptcy?

Airyaman

New Druid
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
If the election was held tomorrow, it looks very likely that Trump would lose. Still awhile before the election, but there is no indication that the state of the nation will markedly improve by Nov. 3, so in all likelihood, Trump will lose.

That said, how long after losing will it take for the Trump empire to crumble? Right now the Trump Org. is basically being propped up by his presidency. His properties make money whenever he visits and uses taxpayers dollars to enrich himself. Foreign officials and lobbyists only stay at Trump's hotel in DC because they want to curry favor. Trump doubled membership fees at Mar-a-Lago after he became president. All of that will go away if he loses, and really, no one will want to stay at the properties of a loser.

Trump's base won't be able to come to the rescue because 95% or them can't afford to stay at his properties (unless they become the next Motel 6).

I predict Trump Org. will go belly up before the close of 2021, unless he is able to convince some Russians to float him some more loans. But at that point, why would they?

What say you?

If the election was held tomorrow, it looks very likely that Trump would lose. Still awhile before the election, but there is no indication that the state of the nation will markedly improve by Nov. 3, so in all likelihood, Trump will lose.

That said, how long after losing will it take for the Trump empire to crumble? Right now the Trump Org. is basically being propped up by his presidency. His properties make money whenever he visits and uses taxpayers dollars to enrich himself. Foreign officials and lobbyists only stay at Trump's hotel in DC because they want to curry favor. Trump doubled membership fees at Mar-a-Lago after he became president. All of that will go away if he loses, and really, no one will want to stay at the properties of a loser.

Trump's base won't be able to come to the rescue because 95% or them can't afford to stay at his properties (unless they become the next Motel 6).

I predict Trump Org. will go belly up before the close of 2021, unless he is able to convince some Russians to float him some more loans. But at that point, why would they?

What say you?

I would respectfully disagree and think his fall will be occur over a longer period of time and is directly tied to State of New York legal actions. His so called empire is large enough where he could last for at least two more years before Humty Dumpty crashes to the ground and nobody can put the pieces together again.

What say you?

How sweet it is. My thoughts all along have been trump got involved in a presidential run for his brand name not because he thought he could win. Well surprise, surprise, surprise the electoral college handed him the win and he was as shocked as anyone as he asked his cronies surrounding him on the capitol steps a few years back, "I'm president, do you believe it?"

His run to increase his brand recognition will in the end ruin him in my opinion. His ego and narcissism gets in the way of clear thinking.

What say you?

How sweet it is. My thoughts all along have been trump got involved in a presidential run for his brand name not because he thought he could win. Well surprise, surprise, surprise the electoral college handed him the win and he was as shocked as anyone as he asked his cronies surrounding him on the capitol steps a few years back, "I'm president, do you believe it?"

His run to increase his brand recognition will in the end ruin him in my opinion. His ego and narcissism gets in the way of clear thinking.

I would respectfully disagree and think his fall will be occur over a longer period of time and is directly tied to State of New York legal actions. His so called empire is large enough where he could last for at least two more years before Humty Dumpty crashes to the ground and nobody can put the pieces together again.

But that is only if he wasn't on the verge of bankruptcy prior to entering the race in 2015. Methinks he wanted to run for president solely to bring attention to himself for monetary gain.

he hasn't grifted enough to keep himself going for decades? i find that hard to believe.

he hasn't grifted enough to keep himself going for decades? i find that hard to believe.

Years ago he had borrowed so much money he couldn't pay back because of his penchant to spend money, the banks put him on an allowance. Now they won't even lend him money because he's screwed them too. Imagine taking a loan from a bank and then suing them over the loan, that's trump.

Look at the amount of money he has cost the taxpayer with his golfing and going here and there for his rallies. All on the taxpayers dime. Flim flam man.

True TDS .

Once Trump loses , why would you woould you waste one minute of your life caring what happens to him?
I would suggest your mental state would be much more balanced if you stopped obsessing over Trump.

Move On . Live your life in a positive manner.

What say you?

Not going to happen. In modern history, former presidents make tens of millions or even hundreds of millions of dollars after leaving office through writing books, making speeches and other lucrative money making opportunities.

Not going to happen. In modern history, former presidents make tens of millions or even hundreds of millions of dollars after leaving office through writing books, making speeches and other lucrative money making opportunities.

Other former presidents don't have money sucking properties to prop up.

What say you?

I doubt he'd go bankrupt. While SOME of his many companies/ventures may go bankrupt as they did in the past, that won't make HIM go bankrupt.

There is enough people in this and other countries that love him apparently. Dictators are loved by many people of their countries, even if not majorities.

Here, he's been consistently getting 40% support. Even if 95% of his supporters cannot afford his products, the other 5% is more than enough. I think his brand name recognition increased since he became president and he was doing just fine before.

My (uneducated) guess is he'd more likely go to jail before he goes bankrupt.

What say you?

He has more suckers now than he ever had before being President. He’ll be fine no matter how many of his businesses go belly up.

But that is only if he wasn't on the verge of bankruptcy prior to entering the race in 2015. Methinks he wanted to run for president solely to bring attention to himself for monetary gain.

Yes, I am sure that was a big part of the Trump motivation. Now he is like the dog who chases the truck and has caught it..... he has no idea what to now do with it.

Trump's value will go down quite a bit when he leaves the Presidency, and he will no longer be an asset to dictatorial nations as a useful idiot they can control for gain. However, there are plenty of racists with money that will keep him afloat for some financial gain with endeavors such as some sort of Trump media outlet for the base to whine. Who knows, they might even be able to mount a troublesome White Lives Matter protest group of entitled grievers. All this, of course, depends on whether Trump can stay out of jail, there will no one around to pardon him.

True TDS .

Once Trump loses , why would you woould you waste one minute of your life caring what happens to him?
I would suggest your mental state would be much more balanced if you stopped obsessing over Trump.

Move On . Live your life in a positive manner.

As a head on a pike. Republicans need to learn what happens to freaks, and haters, that want to destroy our Democracy. And, to scare off those like Beyonce, and Kardashians, and Oprah.

That is because most of them are articulate enough to write a book, trump doesn't read books, most are good speakers, trump speaks like a 12 year old, he will focus on his businesses and continue his habitual tweeting for his fan club.

That is because most of them are articulate enough to write a book, trump doesn't read books, most are good speakers, trump speaks like a 12 year old, he will focus on his businesses and continue his habitual tweeting for his fan club.

Actually most books by former presidents are ghost written. And "good speakers"? Yeah give me a break. Remember how George W. Bush was regarded in terms of how he spoke.

From the extreme discomfort of a cell in the Federal Jail in Brooklyn if there's any justice! :lol:

Actually most books by former presidents are ghost written. And "good speakers"? Yeah give me a break. Remember how George W. Bush was regarded in terms of how he spoke.

He is a great orator compared to the Donald.

From the extreme discomfort of a cell in the Federal Jail in Brooklyn if there's any justice! :lol:

That may or may not happen, but one step at a time.

His assets are irrelevant, before his last day in office he is going to take a trip to Russia and not come back. His has worked constantly to advance their interests and undermine ours.

What say you?

Guess what the election isn't tomorrow so your thread is a complete bust like most of your arguments.
the election is in Nov with several debates still to go through and once those occur you are going to see biden
go down in flames.

His assets are irrelevant, before his last day in office he is going to take a trip to Russia and not come back. His has worked constantly to advance their interests and undermine ours.

the conspiracy theory forum is -------------------->

You have any evidence to back this up?
Thought not.

As a head on a pike. Republicans need to learn what happens to freaks, and haters, that want to destroy our Democracy. And, to scare off those like Beyonce, and Kardashians, and Oprah.

We see it every day they are called leftists.
We oppose them at every turn we can to protect our government and freedom for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom