• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump has lied 15 times per day since being elected?

RenoCon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
The Washington Post "Fact Checker" claims that President Trump has lied over 16000 times since taking office.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...e-or-misleading-claims-his-first-three-years/
That works out to about 15 lies per day. This myth has been repeated by many Liberal politicians and leftist news sources on numerous occasions.

I heard this repeated today by a carpetbagger wannabe politician running for a House seat, apparently against Trump, as he knew nothing about local politics. It seems to me that you should not be spreading lies when speaking about people lying.

Give this some logical thought. Perhaps Trump has up to fifteen conversations per day and tweets several times per day. The great majority of these conversations are not recorded and are not available to the public. Many of them are likely about mundane things such as children and golf. Many of them are simple facts generated by Government entities like, "225000 new jobs in January", "unemployment rate of 3.9%", etc. Many of his daily conversations are likely based on a "theme of the day" where the same information is repeated over and over. Trump has a tendency to bloviate, but it is stretch to call these lies. It defies logic to claim that he has told 15 lies per day since taking office. Yet Liberals tend to eat this stuff up. Now, I hear many of you (along with Pelosi) saying the SOTU speech was nothing but lies, so this brings up the average. Really? Were the unemployment and other economic statistics all lies? Did he lie about the Tuskegee Airman, the man murdered by the illegal immigrant protected by a sanctuary city, or the young lady receiving a much sought after scholarship to escape from the public school system? Perhaps he lied about Rush Limbaugh...or maybe you just don't agree with his assessment of Rush? Pelosi didn't offer any specifics, perhaps the readers of DP can.

Please let me know how you might justify your belief that Trump lies 15 times per day. If the Washington Post or my "carpetbagger wannabe politician" cannot prove this without a shadow of a doubt, then they are just lying.

The Washington Post "Fact Checker" claims that President Trump has lied over 16000 times since taking office.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...e-or-misleading-claims-his-first-three-years/
That works out to about 15 lies per day. This myth has been repeated by many Liberal politicians and leftist news sources on numerous occasions.

I heard this repeated today by a carpetbagger wannabe politician running for a House seat, apparently against Trump, as he knew nothing about local politics. It seems to me that you should not be spreading lies when speaking about people lying.

Give this some logical thought. Perhaps Trump has up to fifteen conversations per day and tweets several times per day. The great majority of these conversations are not recorded and are not available to the public. Many of them are likely about mundane things such as children and golf. Many of them are simple facts generated by Government entities like, "225000 new jobs in January", "unemployment rate of 3.9%", etc. Many of his daily conversations are likely based on a "theme of the day" where the same information is repeated over and over. Trump has a tendency to bloviate, but it is stretch to call these lies. It defies logic to claim that he has told 15 lies per day since taking office. Yet Liberals tend to eat this stuff up. Now, I hear many of you (along with Pelosi) saying the SOTU speech was nothing but lies, so this brings up the average. Really? Were the unemployment and other economic statistics all lies? Did he lie about the Tuskegee Airman, the man murdered by the illegal immigrant protected by a sanctuary city, or the young lady receiving a much sought after scholarship to escape from the public school system? Perhaps he lied about Rush Limbaugh...or maybe you just don't agree with his assessment of Rush? Pelosi didn't offer any specifics, perhaps the readers of DP can.

Please let me know how you might justify your belief that Trump lies 15 times per day. If the Washington Post or my "carpetbagger wannabe politician" cannot prove this without a shadow of a doubt, then they are just lying.

Please tell us, what number of lies would be acceptable to you? Would it be 3 times a day and 10,000 in three years or would it be once a day and only 3,000 in three years? Why is even one acceptable is what I'm getting at?

Let’s put it this way: he has lied enough that he has lost all credibility with a large part (if not the majority) of the country, and the entire rest of the world.

Isn’t that enough?

Lol.

One has to be a real stupid Schiff to believe that. :)

Please tell us, what number of lies would be acceptable to you? Would it be 3 times a day and 10,000 in three years or would it be once a day and only 3,000 in three years? Why is even one acceptable is what I'm getting at?

Please tell us, what number of lies that you may have told over the course of your life would be considered "acceptable?"

I am only asking because I think it would be good to have some metric to compare against. :think:

Of course, I don't need a response, because the question has no merit.

Meanwhile, the meme of "thousands of lies" has been proven a misrepresentation...much like they did with many of his campaign comments, and subsequent statements after election. Like that "white supremacists are very fine people" false story that many people STILL believe to this day.

Despite the video evidence he never said any such thing. :coffeepap:

Last edited:

I agree the 15 times a day is an inflated number including a lot of hyperbole that is hardly 'lie' worthy.

That said, a few examples of Trump not lying is hardly a compelling defense.

Please tell us, what number of lies that you may have told over the course of your life would be considered "acceptable?"

I am only asking because I think it would be good to have some metric to compare against. :think:

Of course, I don't need a response, because the question has no merit.

Meanwhile, the meme of "thousands of lies" has been proven a misrepresentation...much like they did with many of his campaign comments, and subsequent statements after election. Like that "white supremacists are very fine people" false story that many people STILL believe to this day.

Despite the video evidence he never said any such thing. :coffeepap:

I am still a Catholic even though I'm not practicing and I can honestly say that I would never lie to anyone in order to get something I wanted or to do harm to another human being. Nearly all politicians 'embellish' facts, but not all politicians lie uncontrollably and without care for who he harms.

Let's cut in half to 7-8 lies a day. Is that OK?

I am still a Catholic even though I'm not practicing and I can honestly say that I would never lie to anyone in order to get something I wanted or to do harm to another human being. Nearly all politicians 'embellish' facts, but not all politicians lie uncontrollably and without care for who he harms.

Yet you believe the "lie count" and preach it as gospel.

The vast majority of the alleged "lies" have been shown to be bragging, exaggeration, bloviation, misstatements, unintentional mistakes of fact, etc.. They appear more prevalent with Trump for several reasons, including:

1. Unlike most past Presidents, Trump has actually made himself more available not only for interviews, but via social media...especially Twitter. Most people who use social media make mistakes when they try to post things. Often because they are rushing, or are divided in attention (doing more than one thing at the same time). This means unlike past Presidents, he offers more grist for the Media mills.

2. He is and always has been a "salesman" of the Old School (he is in his 70's as you know). So he often exaggerates like he is making a sales pitch. It's called "puffery," attempting to make things appear more attractive than they are. Like when you go to a fast food place, and find that what you ordered IS "food" but doesn't look like the posted pictures.

3. He often believes what he is saying is true. Thus he is not attempting to deceive. This occurs because like any of us, we may not have gotten our facts straight before we talk about something. It happens a lot in this Forum...and if you notice, many Members like to jump up and claim the posting Member is a "Liar."

I could go on and on, but the fact remains, this is just another meme designed to stick in your head, and form another plank in the foundation of your dislike of him and his policies.

Last edited:

Let’s put it this way: he has lied enough that he has lost all credibility with a large part (if not the majority) of the country, and the entire rest of the world.

Isn’t that enough?

Let's cut in half to 7-8 lies a day. Is that OK?

For the purposes of this OP I am only concerned about one obvious lie. That is the Washington Post claim that Trump has lied an incredulous 15 times per day since getting elected. A lie that has been repeated perhaps millions of times by Liberal MSM and their believers.

Yet you believe the "lie count" and preach it as gospel.

The vast majority of the alleged "lies" have been shown to be bragging, exaggeration, bloviation, misstatements, unintentional mistakes of fact, etc.. They appear more prevalent with Trump for several reasons, including:

1. Unlike most past Presidents, Trump has actually made himself more available not only for interviews, but via social media...especially Twitter. Most people who use social media make mistakes when they try to post things. Often because they are rushing, or are divided in attention (doing more than one thing at the same time). This means unlike past Presidents, he offers more grist for the Media mills.

2. He is and always has been a "salesman" of the Old School (he is in his 70's as you know). So he often exaggerates like he is making a sales pitch. It's called "puffery," attempting to make things appear more attractive than they are. Like when you go to a fast food place, and find that what you ordered IS "food" but doesn't look like the posted pictures.

3. He often believes what he is saying is true. Thus he is not attempting to deceive. This occurs because like any of us, we may not have gotten our facts straight before we talk about something. It happens a lot in this Forum...and if you notice, many Members like to jump up and claim the posting Member is a "liar."

I could go on and on, but the fact remains, this is just another meme designed to stick in your head, and form another plank in the foundation of your dislike of him and his policies.

Donald Trump
stated on February 7, 2020 in a comment to reporters:
"I thought it was a terrible thing when (Nancy Pelosi) ripped up the speech. First of all, it's an official document. You're not allowed. It's illegal what she did. She broke the law."
pants-fire pants-fire

February 7, 2020
Donald Trump
stated on January 13, 2020 in a tweet.:
"I was the person who saved Pre-Existing Conditions in your healthcare."
pants-fire pants-fire

By Shefali Luthra • January 14, 2020
Donald Trump
stated on November 15, 2019 in a tweet:
"Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad," including Somalia and Ukraine.
pants-fire pants-fire

By Amy Sherman • November 15, 2019
Donald Trump
stated on October 28, 2019 in a speech:
"Over the last two years, the number of murders in America and America’s major cities has dropped, unlike here (Chicago), by more than 10%."
pants-fire pants-fire

By Kiannah Sepeda-Miller • October 29, 2019
Donald Trump
stated on October 1, 2019 in a tweet:
Says his impeachment is a "coup."
pants-fire pants-fire

By Louis Jacobson • October 25, 2019
Donald Trump
stated on October 5, 2019 in a tweet:
"The first so-called second hand information ‘Whistleblower’ got my phone conversation almost completely wrong."
pants-fire pants-fire

For the purposes of this OP I am only concerned about one obvious lie. That is the Washington Post claim that Trump has lied an incredulous 15 times per day since getting elected. A lie that has been repeated perhaps millions of times by Liberal MSM and their believers.

WORDS.gif

Isn’t that enough?

Yep. That's why he will win in a landslide in November.

Well ..all ya gotta do is follow his tweets and ramblings on any "news" source that will give him airtime at the moment and it might dawn on you that the guy is a serial liar, one that lies even when he doesn't need to. Or maybe not, once the koolaid kicks in the truth and lies become interchangeable, or so I'm told.

Donald Trump
"I thought it was a terrible thing when (Nancy Pelosi) ripped up the speech. First of all, it's an official document. You're not allowed. It's illegal what she did. She broke the law."
pants-fire pants-fire

February 7, 2020
Donald Trump
pants-fire pants-fire

Donald Trump
pants-fire pants-fire

Donald Trump
"Over the last two years, the number of murders in America and America’s major cities has dropped, unlike here (Chicago), by more than 10%."
pants-fire pants-fire

Donald Trump
pants-fire pants-fire

Donald Trump
"The first so-called second hand information ‘Whistleblower’ got my phone conversation almost completely wrong."
pants-fire pants-fire

I see now how idiots can get twenty trillion lies. The lie about him.

....Please let me know how you might justify your belief that Trump lies 15 times per day. If the Washington Post or my "carpetbagger wannabe politician" cannot prove this without a shadow of a doubt, then they are just lying.

First, someone needs to have a high school graduate or other person of higher education explain to you what it means to average a number. That may take quite awhile.

"He averaged six such claims a day in 2017, nearly 16 a day in 2018 and more than 22 a day in 2019.

As of Jan. 19, his 1,095th day in office, Trump had made 16,241 false or misleading claims. Only 366 days to go — at least in this term.
"

A second, much more difficult, education for you would be teaching logic and logical fallacies. Claiming that if they "cannot prove this without a shadow of a doubt, then they are just lying" is a complete failure of logic since, even if they were wrong, it doesn't mean they were lying. That's like saying when the British Mars lander crashed due to a math error then "they are just lying". No, it's a mistake. There's a difference which all rational, educated and intelligent adults understand.

Isn’t that enough?
The Washington Post has lied enough to have lost all credibility.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

First, someone needs to have a high school graduate or other person of higher education explain to you what it means to average a number. That may take quite awhile.

"He averaged six such claims a day in 2017, nearly 16 a day in 2018 and more than 22 a day in 2019.

As of Jan. 19, his 1,095th day in office, Trump had made 16,241 false or misleading claims. Only 366 days to go — at least in this term.
"

A second, much more difficult, education for you would be teaching logic and logical fallacies. Claiming that if they "cannot prove this without a shadow of a doubt, then they are just lying" is a complete failure of logic since, even if they were wrong, it doesn't mean they were lying. That's like saying when the British Mars lander crashed due to a math error then "they are just lying". No, it's a mistake. There's a difference which all rational, educated and intelligent adults understand.

It should have been obvious to you from my OP that I was referring to "an average of 15 times per day" having stated, "That works out to about 15 lies per day." and..."saying the SOTU speech was nothing but lies, so this brings up the average." But, I would concur that even if Trump is wrong, it doesn't mean he is lying

What number would be acceptable to you?

Donald Trump
pants-fire pants-fire

Not a "lie." Destruction of public records is against the law. In fact, some members of the House (Republican of course) are seeking action on this. Which is probably where Trump got his information. It depends on a determination whether the document was a "public record" or not. For comparison, those "memos" Comey wrote, then leaked have been determined a violation of his hiring agreement: FD-291 FBI Employment Agreement — FBI

February 7, 2020
Donald Trump
pants-fire pants-fire

Either Bragging, or simply a misstatement of his role in accepting/supporting this measure.. see: Is Trump right that pre-existing conditions are covered in the GOP health care bill? - CBS News

Donald Trump
pants-fire pants-fire

Opinion, not a lie. Trump has a right to express an opinion on what he thinks of her past performance.

Donald Trump
pants-fire pants-fire

Not enough information to respond. I don't know on what basis Trump made his claim, but I personally doubt he pulled it out of thin air. Either it is a misunderstanding of something he was provided or read, or we don't have the data he was provided when making the statement.

Donald Trump
pants-fire pants-fire

Opinion, not a "lie." Many people believe, with some factual basis, that the Democrats and "fellow travelers" have been attempting to remove him from office since the day he was elected. The term "Coup" is often used to express this opinion.

Donald Trump
pants-fire pants-fire

Opinion, not a lie. It is all a matter of how you look at what is being alleged the call meant and what the transcript provided.

So, see how alleged "Lies" can be interpreted?

Last edited:
It should have been obvious to you from my OP that I was referring to "an average of 15 times per day" having stated, "That works out to about 15 lies per day." and..."saying the SOTU speech was nothing but lies, so this brings up the average." But, I would concur that even if Trump is wrong, it doesn't mean he is lying
It should be obvious from my response that I was answering your challenge as you requested:

...Please let me know how you might justify your belief that Trump lies 15 times per day...

Not a "lie." Destruction of public records is against the law. In fact, some members of the House (Republican of course) are seeking action on this. Which is probably where Trump got his information. It depends on a determination whether the document was a "public record" or not. For comparison, those "memos" Comey wrote, then leaked have been determined a violation of his hiring agreement: FD-291 FBI Employment Agreement — FBI

Either Bragging, or simply a misstatement of his role in accepting/supporting this measure.. see: Is Trump right that pre-existing conditions are covered in the GOP health care bill? - CBS News

Opinion, not a lie. Trump has a right to express an opinion on what he thinks of her past performance.

Not enough information to respond. I don't know on what basis Trump made his claim, but I personally doubt he pulled it out of thin air. Either it is a misunderstanding of something he was provided or read, or we don't have the data he was provided when making the statement.

Opinion, not a "lie." Many people believe, with some factual basis, that the Democrats and "fellow travelers" have been attempting to remove him from office since the day he was elected. The term "Coup" is often used to express this opinion.

Opinion, not a lie. It is all a matter of how you look at what is being alleged the call meant and what the transcript provided.

So, see how alleged "Lies" can be interpreted?

Your post is entirely filled with lies. Nancy Pelosi ripped up a copy of a bunch of bull**** lies. There's plenty of copies floating around the republican senate.

Your post is entirely filled with lies. Nancy Pelosi ripped up a copy of a bunch of bull**** lies. There's plenty of copies floating around the republican senate.

There you go. Proving MY point. :wow:

"There are none so blind as those who will not see." :coffeepap:

It should be obvious from my response that I was answering your challenge as you requested:

I see no answer to my "challenge." You have not justified your apparent belief that Trump lies an average of 15 times per day. I say this is illogical. Present an argument as to why it makes sense to you.

It's perfectly feasible. If you read your own link and the links it leads to, it lays it all out. It's counting repeated statements. Trump repeats some of his lies incessantly.

Back
Top Bottom