• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump Goons Giving Out HOME Addresses/Phone Numbers of CO Convention Attendees[W:21]

Re: Trump Goons Giving Out HOME Addresses & Phone Numbers of CO Convention Attendees

Caucuses are not regular votes...never have been....never will be

Not saying Cruz didn't win the caucus....I asked you specific questions

If you don't want to answer that is fine....I understand your reluctance

Would Cruz have won a popular vote in the state?

Does that matter at all to you?

and should the voters select a candidate, or should the rulers of a political party?

Caucuses are absolutely regular votes. Heck it's how Iowa votes. It's standard, grassroots politics.

In caucuses such as Colorado, the VOTERS vote on who the delegates are. Not "rulers". Delegates stand up, make their case, and then their neighbors vote.

Re: Trump Goons Giving Out HOME Addresses & Phone Numbers of CO Convention Attendees

How can you possibly think Trump supporters are swayed by his appearances in Colorado? He's had plenty of media coverage. Trump's feeling of voter disenfranchisement is being felt by huge numbers of Coloradans and Americans.

Also worth noting: those Coloradan voters you are claiming were so disenfranchised, and had their votes stolen by the party leadership?

Overturned multiple incumbents who were the party leadership preferences.

On Friday, April 8, I attended the Fifth Congressional District Assembly, to which I was elected as a delegate after I attended my neighborhood caucus in March. Typically, these assemblies are boring and predictable. But not this year. In a surprise nomination from the floor, 32-year old Calandra Vargas was nominated to challenge sitting congressman Doug Lamborn (who had been unanimously nominated for re-election). Taking full advantage of the opportunity, Vargas gave the speech of her life. When delegate balloting was completed, it was revealed that Vargas had won 58 percent of the vote. Representative Doug Lamborn, by contrast, was left with only 35 percent....

The following day at the state assembly — to which I had also been elected a delegate — we heard speeches from ten U.S. Senate candidates who chose to go through the caucus and assembly process. An additional four candidates for Senate chose to bypass the assembly, and petition directly on to the ballot. Of those who attended the state assembly, state senator Tim Neville was the clear favorite. Without question, Neville had the best delegate outreach, fundraising, and assembly presence. Walking in, the delegates were sure of one thing: Neville would make the ballot. At least they were sure of that until El Paso County Commissioner Darryl Glenn made his unexpectedly fiery nominating speech. Glenn hadn’t been successful in the traditional measures of candidate strength, such as fundraising. But, within Colorado’s assembly process, that didn’t matter. During his speech, Glenn received seven standing ovations — more than even Ted Cruz received later that day. Even better, Glenn received a remarkable 70 percent of the delegate votes, while Neville received just 18 percent. Because they were kept below the 30 percent threshold, Neville and the others were kept off the ballot. Glenn will now appear first on the US Senate ballot, above the four candidates who bypassed the assembly process.....

Caucuses are not regular votes...never have been....never will be

Not saying Cruz didn't win the caucus....I asked you specific questions

If you don't want to answer that is fine....I understand your reluctance

Would Cruz have won a popular vote in the state?

Does that matter at all to you?

and should the voters select a candidate, or should the rulers of a political party?
No, caucuses are not popular votes. In Iowa's case since I live here, there is a popular vote (the only popular vote) to determine delegates for each candidate. Then there's another delegate vote at the county level AMONG DELEGATES. Then there's a further delegate vote at the district level AMONG DELEGATES to determine state delegates. Finally, there's a further vote AMONG DELEGATES to determine which delegates for which candidate will represent Iowa at the national convention.

The average Iowan's total input to this whole delegate deciding process occurs one time during the first level of the caucus. The rest is disenfranchisement of the Iowa voter.

cpwill will never answer you, gdgyva, because that doesn't fit into his philosophy of #nevertrump.

Last edited:
Re: Trump Goons Giving Out HOME Addresses/Phone Numbers of CO Convention Attendees[W:

Is it not lawful to give out information in the public domain? Sorry if these party officials didn't understand "the rules" with respect to such information before they signed up.

There's legal and then there's ethical. Who wants an unethical President? If a violent act were to happen, a reasonable person would conclude that broadcasting such information would be at least civil negligence.

No, caucuses are not popular votes. In Iowa's case since I live here, there is a popular vote (the only popular vote) to determine delegates for each candidate. Then there's another delegate vote at the county level AMONG DELEGATES. Then there's a further delegate vote at the district level AMONG DELEGATES to determine state delegates. Finally, there's a further vote AMONG DELEGATES to determine which delegates for which candidate will represent Iowa at the national convention.

Yeah? And that guy that they vote for on the first ballot - how's that determined?

Trump fans, suddenly discovering that we live in a Republic, not a Democracy. "Regular voting" =/= "Democracy". In this country, we vote on our representatives, who then represent us.

But hey, if you want to change the rules to switch this thing back to straight representation - count me in on that plan :). Because the rules that ya'll are claiming are rigged? Are designed to be rigged in the front-runners' favor. Trump wants to give up hundred and some change delegates, hey, you know, this once I might be willing to entertain that :)

But he won't. This is the same process as Hawaii and Nevada. Somehow, when he wins, Trump isn't so keen on caucuses being super-secret-super-evil-establishment-conspiracies :roll:

cpwill will never answer you, gdgyva, because that doesn't fit into his philosophy of #nevertrump.

It's literally three posts above you.

The average Iowan's total input to this whole delegate deciding process occurs one time during the first level of the caucus. The rest is disenfranchisement of the Iowa voter.

But to demonstrate the point - can you point me to a single post prior to Colorado of you claiming that, as an Iowan, you were being disenfranchised by the Caucus system?

Yeah? And that guy that they vote for on the first ballot - how's that determined? SNIP.
In the Iowa caucus, a popular vote is cast to determine representative delegates for each ballot. Delegates are sent into their representative 'klatches'. Further UNBINDING AND NEGOTIATION OF DELEGATES occur. All on the same day - the popular vote day of the caucus. Then...
...Then there's another delegate vote at the county level AMONG DELEGATES. Then there's a further delegate vote at the district level AMONG DELEGATES to determine state delegates. Finally, there's a further vote AMONG DELEGATES to determine which delegates for which candidate will represent Iowa at the national convention.

The average Iowan's total input to this whole delegate deciding process occurs one time during the first level of the caucus. The rest is disenfranchisement of the Iowa voter...

cpwill and the GOP want these disenfranchisement rules to continue. The regular Iowa voter is not being represented in the Iowa caucus.

Last edited:

A correction to the above post: There is only one popular vote taken in the Iowa primary. The first vote. All other 'votes' are negotiations among representatives of the different candidates. Delegates may be unbound the night of the popular vote and are assuredly unbound for the county, district and state levels.

Last edited:

In the Iowa caucus, a popular vote is cast to determine representative delegates for each ballot. Delegates are sent into their representative 'klatches'. Further UNBINDING AND NEGOTIATION OF DELEGATES occur. All on the same day - the popular vote day of the caucus. Then...

cpwill and the GOP want these disenfranchisement rules to continue. The regular Iowa voter is not being represented in the Iowa caucus.
So.... The people got to vote on who represented them, and now that Westerners are choosing to vote against Trump, that has you very upset... But no, you can't demonstrate ever believing this crackpot theory of disenfranchisement back when Trump won Caucuses, as in Nevada or Hawaii, nor when he came in second in Iowa.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom