• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump fundamentally confuses climate change link with extreme cold weather: 'Global ...

The libs originally came up with this global warming bs.When they were proved wrong as usual they started calling it climate change.Just wait,in 6 months when its 100 degrees outside they will make ass's of themselves again.

Manmade global warming have been known for a long time, for example that American fossil fuel companies was presented evidence of it in 1968.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-change-oil-industry-environment-warning-1968

There the evidence today is so strong that both federal agencies under Trump like NASA acknolewdge manmade global warming and it's devasting effects.

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

https://climate.nasa.gov/effects/

Just like fossil fuel companies like Exxon Mobile.

https://corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/current-issues/climate-policy/climate-perspectives/our-position

While Trump can't even come up with any rational reasons for not believing his own federal agencies and the scientifc consensus on climate change.

The libs originally came up with this global warming bs.When they were proved wrong as usual they started calling it climate change.Just wait,in 6 months when its 100 degrees outside they will make ass's of themselves again.

Science is liberal. Global warming is real. Climate isn't weather. Such ignorance has to be worked at.

I will agree that "The Independent" does not qualify as AMERICAN "mainstream media".

However, my perspective extend further than simply "within the actual territorial limits of the United States of America and bounded by what is taught in American public schools".

I do acknowledge that, for some people, their perspective DOES NOT extend further than simply "within the actual territorial limits of the United States of America and bounded by what is taught in American public schools".

Did you know that "sarcastically" and "jokingly" do NOT mean the same thing?

We are in the United States, after all. But even in the UK, this is marginal. It's an online journal. I would think most leftists would avoid it anyway since it is owned by a "Russian Oligarch" and anyone from Russia is scary.

And again, it's an obvious joke.

Yes, we are all aware Trump is anti-agw. I believe climate change because the evidence supports the claim. But, this really is not newsworthy. It's a joke, in poor taste, but a joke none the less.
What makes it a joke — that he got immediate backlash for being an idiot? He’s repeatedly made the same claims over the years. The was dead serious and his defenders only tag it a joke after the fact.

What makes it a joke — that he got immediate backlash for being an idiot? He’s repeatedly made the same claims over the years. The was dead serious and his defenders only tag it a joke after the fact.

It was clearly a joke. Poor taste yes.

But who cares? We all know he's full of ****.

Science is liberal. Global warming is real. Climate isn't weather. Such ignorance has to be worked at.

Thought that you might be interested in

America colonisation ‘cooled Earth's climate’

which isn't getting much play in the American media.

I can't say that the authors of the study are correct, but they do make out a data based case. (Which, I have to admit, is more than Mr. Trump does.)

We are in the United States, after all. But even in the UK, this is marginal. It's an online journal. I would think most leftists would avoid it anyway since it is owned by a "Russian Oligarch" and anyone from Russia is scary.

And again, it's an obvious joke.

My practice is to look at what both "The Left" (which does not include the US "Democrats") and "The Right" (which does include the US "Democrats" as well as the US "Republicans") have to say and then to use my own intelligence (supplemented by a bit of actual personal investigation) to work out what "actuality" is most likely to be.

What appears to be the practice for many in the United States of America is to consult only their favourite "confirmation bias" media source and to them mindlessly repeat whatever it is that they have been told is the latest version of the currently operative, officially sanctioned, authority approved, "Truth-of-the-Day".

You appear to fall (usually) someplace between the two (which is a plus for you as far as I am concerned).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom