• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump derangement syndrome

Trump broke liberals and its as useful as it is entertaining.

And yet liberals knocked Trump out of office. Considering the splintering of the GOP between die-hard cultist MAGAts and the normies (e.g. moderates and Never-Trumpers), it would appear it's your party that is broken.

Actually you just don’t comprehend my point. Slide back between your MAGA sheets and your My Pillow and go back to sleep.
Ironically you just dropped another LW cliche.

What is party, really? If Obama and his race baiting and hyper racial politics begat Trump then Biden's and liberals wokeism, racism, anti-kid, pro baby killing agenda will begat Trump again - or DeSantis, Cruz etc. Anyone but a liberal beholden to the wacky left. The key, as always, is independents. And they are not amused at liberals or the media.

And yet liberals knocked Trump out of office. Considering the splintering of the GOP between die-hard cultist MAGAts and the normies (e.g. moderates and Never-Trumpers), it would appear it's your party that is broken.

What is party, really? If Obama and his race baiting and hyper racial politics begat Trump then Biden's and liberals wokeism, racism, anti-kid, pro baby killing agenda will begat Trump again - or DeSantis, Cruz etc.

Look at history. Conservativism is always a loser. Monarchies? Losers. Slavery? Loser. Anti-Suffrage? Loser. Fascism? Loser. Segregation? Loser. War on Drugs? Loser. Anti-Gay? Loser. All conservative causes.

Your grandchildren and their grandchildren will embrace wokeism. And they will look back on all the conservatives in history from the monarchists, to the fascists, to the MAGAts and think: "Wow, they were f***in' losers!"

I am so amused by the use of TDS when trumpers have nothing in which to respond to a point. Wiki nailed the definition:

Trump derangement syndrome (TDS) is a pejorative term usually for criticism or negative reactions to former United States President Donald Trump that are perceived to be irrational, and presumed to have little regard towards Trump's actual policy positions, or actions undertaken by his administration.[1] The term has mainly been used by Trump supporters to discredit criticism of his actions, as a way of reframing the discussion by suggesting that his opponents are incapable of accurately perceiving the world.[2][3][4] Politico co-founder John Harris wrote that TDS is related to gaslighting, "another psychological concept in vogue in the Trump era."[5] Journalists have used the term to call for restraint when judging Trump's statements and actions.[6][7][8]

So let me state my position clearly, I oppose any politician that is involved in these items below, Trump checks all the boxes:
  1. Lies to the American people with such regularity.
  2. Stages an insurrection when he doesn't get his way.
  3. Strongarms election officials to find him more votes so he can overturn an election.
  4. Participates in a scheme to seat fake electors to take the people's choice away from them.
  5. Spreads the "Big Lie" which has damaged our ability to hold an election for generations to come.
  6. Devalues his properties to avoid taxes but raises them when he needs to borrow against them.
  7. Laughs about assaulting women after having multiple affairs on his many wives.
  8. Damaged or ended alliances with many countries, some that were paid for with the lives of our soldiers because he wants to be a big shot.
  9. Hasn't got the common sense to reconcile with a dying senator to get his vote for health care reform because his ego is too big and more important than us mere Americans.
  10. Withholds aid from countries in need unless they give him some damaging info on his opponent.
  11. Gets impeached.................... twice.
  12. And now caught with classified documents in violation of the law.
  13. I can go on and on, anyone else feel free to add to the list.
So please understand how using the term TDS makes you look small and idiotic in your defense of the orange ape because you can't logically defend his actions to anyone with half a brain. You think our disdain for Trump clouds our judgement when in fact our disdain is gained by examining the facts, you know the ones trumpers are willing to ignore.

The key thing is this: When you use it we laugh at you.

That is all rant off.
I think you have it wrong, Trump and his followers are the ones who seem deranged

The way wikipedia describes it, its like "racist", "white supremacy", "white nationalist" or whatever new terms liberal fever swamps make up in the future. TDS is real and can be seen in the media, on internet forums like this one and from liberal politicians. Trump broke liberals and its as useful as it is entertaining.
You are right, TDS does exist:
Trump Devotion Syndrome
characteristics: ANY criticism of Trump and
download.jpg

What is party, really? If Obama and his race baiting and hyper racial politics begat Trump then Biden's and liberals wokeism, racism, anti-kid, pro baby killing agenda will begat Trump again - or DeSantis, Cruz etc. Anyone but a liberal beholden to the wacky left. The key, as always, is independents. And they are not amused at liberals or the media.
Obama race baiting? Hardly.

I am so amused by the use of TDS when trumpers have nothing in which to respond to a point. Wiki nailed the definition:

Trump derangement syndrome (TDS) is a pejorative term usually for criticism or negative reactions to former United States President Donald Trump that are perceived to be irrational, and presumed to have little regard towards Trump's actual policy positions, or actions undertaken by his administration.[1] The term has mainly been used by Trump supporters to discredit criticism of his actions, as a way of reframing the discussion by suggesting that his opponents are incapable of accurately perceiving the world.[2][3][4] Politico co-founder John Harris wrote that TDS is related to gaslighting, "another psychological concept in vogue in the Trump era."[5] Journalists have used the term to call for restraint when judging Trump's statements and actions.[6][7][8]

So let me state my position clearly, I oppose any politician that is involved in these items below, Trump checks all the boxes:
  1. Lies to the American people with such regularity.
  2. Stages an insurrection when he doesn't get his way.
  3. Strongarms election officials to find him more votes so he can overturn an election.
  4. Participates in a scheme to seat fake electors to take the people's choice away from them.
  5. Spreads the "Big Lie" which has damaged our ability to hold an election for generations to come.
  6. Devalues his properties to avoid taxes but raises them when he needs to borrow against them.
  7. Laughs about assaulting women after having multiple affairs on his many wives.
  8. Damaged or ended alliances with many countries, some that were paid for with the lives of our soldiers because he wants to be a big shot.
  9. Hasn't got the common sense to reconcile with a dying senator to get his vote for health care reform because his ego is too big and more important than us mere Americans.
  10. Withholds aid from countries in need unless they give him some damaging info on his opponent.
  11. Gets impeached.................... twice.
  12. And now caught with classified documents in violation of the law.
  13. I can go on and on, anyone else feel free to add to the list.
So please understand how using the term TDS makes you look small and idiotic in your defense of the orange ape because you can't logically defend his actions to anyone with half a brain. You think our disdain for Trump clouds our judgement when in fact our disdain is gained by examining the facts, you know the ones trumpers are willing to ignore.

The key thing is this: When you use it we laugh at you.

That is all rant off.

Biden's list is 100x longer.

Rabid Trump supporters have named the disease that they themselves suffer from but they don't recognize the symptoms.

Given TDS is real, it would be more applicable to the Trump cult than to the opposition against Trump, where it is much less likely applicable based, on the OP criteria listed.

The way wikipedia describes it, its like "racist", "white supremacy", "white nationalist" or whatever new terms liberal fever swamps make up in the future. TDS is real and can be seen in the media, on internet forums like this one and from liberal politicians. Trump broke liberals and its as useful as it is entertaining.
Whether or not to consider TDS as 'useful' or 'entertaining' I'll leave that to you and everyone else to decide for themselves. To me it's become an recurring annoyance and reason for immediate dismissal and downgrade of the post that exhibits it and the poster who posted it. You can add the recurring 'cult' accusation for the same response.

All of the above are rather poor substitutes for reasoned debate / discussion, and all designed and used to shut down reasoned debate / discussion, political discourse, and heighten political division and tribalism.

All of the above are rather poor substitutes for reasoned debate / discussion
ON discussion boards and political forums? Sorry, that ship sailed long ago :p

Circular reasoning and projection are part of TDS.

Hence the thread.

Spin cycle activated.

Whether or not to consider TDS as 'useful' or 'entertaining' I'll leave that to you and everyone else to decide for themselves. To me it's become an recurring annoyance and reason for immediate dismissal and downgrade of the post that exhibits it and the poster who posted it. You can add the recurring 'cult' accusation for the same response.

All of the above are rather poor substitutes for reasoned debate / discussion, and all designed and used to shut down reasoned debate / discussion, political discourse, and heighten political division and tribalism.

Not necessarily so. It boils down to individuals and their ability to understand what is and isn’t and to not take things so personally. Missing the message and being able to discuss in a rational way are more important that getting caught up on insignificances.

We can all see which people actually have rational debate, and those who are here to gaslight, point fingers and call names.

TDS is not name calling. It’s a representation of how people have been affected by propaganda and brainwashing and how far in the ditch they really are. We can only hope to pull them out, they just need to grab the rope/hand, that’s what it’s all about.

Yes it can be seen here and you are displaying it very nicely, thank you.

"I declassified those documents the FBI planted!!"

What Trump and his worshippers have seen as a light at the end of the tunnel that is always (two weeks) out of reach, is showing itself to be a brick wall, and there's one behind him, too.

He's through. Trump is through.
You'll be eating those words in two weeks when the Durham report comes out and proves every democrat in america is a criminal.

Not necessarily so. It boils down to individuals and their ability to understand what is and isn’t and to not take things so personally. Missing the message and being able to discuss in a rational way are more important that getting caught up on insignificances.

We can all see which people actually have rational debate, and those who are here to gaslight, point fingers and call names.

TDS is not name calling. It’s a representation of how people have been affected by propaganda and brainwashing and how far in the ditch they really are. We can only hope to pull them out, they just need to grab the rope/hand, that’s what it’s all about.
What's really happening is folks who support trump are the ones with tds but y'all just don't recognize it's you with the disease. Too much right wing radio and tv will have that effect on its viewers and listeners. All pumped up with fake news.

Back
Top Bottom