• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump campaign is suing to prevent the expanded use of drop boxes in Pennsylvania

W_Heisenberg

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Trump campaign sues Pa. over 2020 election mail ballot drop boxes

This is an older article from June 29th, that I just stumbled upon:

The Trump reelection campaign sued Pennsylvania state and county elections officials Monday, saying mail ballot drop boxes were unconstitutional in the way they were used in the June 2 primary election and asking a federal court to bar them in November.

This is overt voter suppression.

I look forward to the eventual destruction of the Republican party. None of them deserve to hold public office.

I look forward to the eventual destruction of the Republican party. None of them deserve to hold public office.

The lawsuit isn't against ballot boxes. The lawsuit says elections officials are making decisions outside of what the law allows, taking the power to make law away from the legislature.

Its no wonder why people don't trust leftist media anymore.

The lawsuit isn't against ballot boxes. The lawsuit says elections officials are making decisions outside of what the law allows, taking the power to make law away from the legislature.

Trump is suing against side-stepping the legislature? Think about that.

Trump campaign is suing because they allege the drop boxes violate Pennsylvania election law, that it's a patchwork system within the state that violates the US Constitution, and that there is no security of these boxes.

It is mysterious why people who want fair and honest elections support election systems that:
1. Are illegal in its structure.
2. Violate equal protection laws
3. Are not safe and secure.

Trump is suing against side-stepping the legislature? Think about that.

At least Trump's actions are all in accordance with the law.

Trump campaign is suing because they allege the drop boxes violate Pennsylvania election law, that it's a patchwork system within the state that violates the US Constitution, and that there is no security of these boxes.

It is mysterious why people who want fair and honest elections support election systems that:
1. Are illegal in its structure.
2. Violate equal protection laws
3. Are not safe and secure.

They don't care if it's illegal.

They don't care if it violates any laws.

Being unsafe and unsecure is their goal. Makes fraud easier.

Bc it's the only chance they have against an excellent president

What a dumb ****ing argument. Colorado not only runs a Mail-In system, but we have ample use of drop boxes.

Dumb dumb dumb dumb argument.

What a dumb ****ing argument. Colorado not only runs a Mail-In system, but we have ample use of drop boxes.

They want the same situation we saw in Wisconsin.
Greater density of voters due to less voter places for Democratic areas, across the Nation.
This won't be the last voter suppression technique by Qpublicans.

Bullying and intimidation thru lawsuits is a Trump trademark. It doesn't matter if he wins, the goal is to intimidate and bankrupt.

He's suing election officials in 67 counties and a federal judge has agreed to expedite the lawsuit because of the upcoming election...Dems have counter sued. A court hearing scheduled for September.

Article 1, section 4: The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations.​

We have had seven years to get it right. Those other states are winging it...trying to do in months what we've done in years.

But that is irrelevant to my comment, which deals with how some of those states are deliberately trying to make fraud possible. Even going so far as to break their own laws.

How are mail ballot drop boxes unconstitutional? We use them all the time in Colorado.

The law in Pennsylvania apparently does not allow for it. It seems though some countries in the state are using it as an option, others aren't.
It's also an equal protection issue.

We have had seven years to get it right. Those other states are winging it...trying to do in months what we've done in years.

But that is irrelevant to my comment, which deals with how some of those states are deliberately trying to make fraud possible. Even going so far as to break their own laws.

They can use us as a template, we've already figured it out. I do believe Colorado already has been working with several States to help them establish a workable mail-in system.

They'll have to figure something out, the election is coming up and we're in midst of a pandemic. So we're going to have a lot of mail-in voting. The other States that haven't figured anything out yet can copy off of those who have already done it right.

They can use us as a template, we've already figured it out. I do believe Colorado already has been working with several States to help them establish a workable mail-in system.

They'll have to figure something out, the election is coming up and we're in midst of a pandemic. So we're going to have a lot of mail-in voting. The other States that haven't figured anything out yet can copy off of those who have already done it right.

Yes. It's a good thing if they pattern their systems on ours. But how many have? How many have not?

How many are just trying to wing it with an absentee ballot system that was never designed to be a full blown mail in voting system?

The danger lies in which particular states create a secure process BEFORE the election and which don't. The ones that don't are ripe for deliberate fraud, mistakes and errors. Especially when it comes to the counting.

But the spray painted zombie cult leader votes by mail.

Voting by mail is a choice in Arizona. Our Republican Governor told President Trump the system is good and AZ has had no problem. One can mail it the ballot or skip the lines and drop it off at any polling place.

I find it interesting that this year Trump and others have made it an issue. I don't recall complaining about vote by mail in 2016 when he was running for President.

That's what it says, but we know what it means.

Back
Top Bottom