• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump calls release of BuzzFeed report 'a sad day for journalism'; Giuliani urges DOJ pursuit of lea

They didn't specify what was inaccurate, and didn't call it outright false...I suspect, there are parts that are true. Mueller is very quiet about what he has.
Still clinging to the false hope you can polish this turd into a gold nugget? :lol:

Mueller's team came out and said the story was full of sh**.

You and every other liberal apparently need your hand held while it's explained what that means.

No. They said the story was NOT ACCURATE.

We do not know if it was mostly accurate but inaccurate in part.

We do not know if it was mostly inaccurate but had a bit of accuracy in it.

We do not know if it was 100% inaccurate.

We do not know if it was 90% accurate.

Or pick any numbers in between.

All we know from the Mueller statement is the story was not accurate.

ac·cu·rate
/ˈakyərət/Submit
adjective
(of information, measurements, statistics, etc.) correct in all details; exact.
"accurate information about the illness is essential"
synonyms: correct, precise, exact, right, errorless, error-free, without error, faultless, perfect, valid, specific, detailed, minute, explicit, clear-cut, word for word, unambiguous, meticulous, authoritative, reliable, canonical; More

Looks like the BuzzFeed story was total bunk. It was debunked by Mueller, himself...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...-botched-report-alleging-he-told-cohen-to-lie

No, its not accurate as set forth. That does not make it total bunk.

I am not trying to sell this as true, I am merely stating that you trying to sell it as a total fabrication is not true. Since Mueller's office said its not accurate, they did specifically did not offer a more global dismissal. They could have. Attorney's tend to be very precise in their language.... the message in their statement is don't take the BuzzFeed report as truth as elements of it are either not true or misleading.... likely dealing with the hard evidence backing up the claim as.....

What Buzzfeed is reporting is consistent with much of what we know about Trump's behavior, Cohen's behavior and their relationship. We know Cohen lied to Congress and has lied on behalf of and at the behest of Trump in the past. We also know that Trump has no problem not telling the truth. It is not an off-the-wall story by any means. The crux of this is whether Trump commanded Cohen to lie and what hard evidence actually exists to support this.

In fact the Buzzfeed reporters are top shelf. While they aren't the NYT, they are a reputable 3rd tier news organization. There is likely a fair amount of truth in the report, just not enough to say "this is so, let's impeach."

In essence, we ain't there yet, but most likely (based upon all of the other stuff we know), we will be.

Last edited:
Although there are already many threads about the Buzzfeed article, this seems to be a good place to discuss the idea that it is "bunk".

I don't think so. To say it is "bunk", to me, is to say it is wholly incorrect.

I was one of the first "NeverTrumpers" (a membership I proudly claim) on DP to urge caution over the Buzzfeed article.

That said, it is too quick to call it "bunk" based on the statement from Mueller's team. It seems they did take issue with a statement about them, and the only thing you can find for that is indeed in the main claim: that Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress.

Now, that is big if that is untrue. It is the whole premise of the new calls to start impeachment proceedings.

However, if he were told to lie by someone in Trump's orbit, that is still a big deal. Not a big deal for Trump, but someone else. So big if true.

Buzzfeed did screw up here. Until proven otherwise, I'm trusting them now just a little more than The Conservative Treehouse or Gateway Pundit or anything by streiff over at Red State. When you start implicating the president in a crime, you better have the goods.

No goods here. Fail, but still not necessarily "bunk".

Good one, now you trust lying BuzzFeed over Mueller. I take it when Mueller comes out with his report and shows there's no Trump/Russia collusion your going to explode, BuzzFeed knows the truth not Mueller.

No, its not accurate as set forth. That does not make it total bunk.

I am not trying to sell this as true, I am merely stating that you trying to sell it as a total fabrication is not true. Since Mueller's office said its not accurate, they did specifically did not offer a more global dismissal. They could have. Attorney's tend to be very precise in their language.... the message in their statement is don't take the BuzzFeed report as truth as elements of it are either not true or misleading.... likely dealing with the hard evidence backing up the claim as.....

What Buzzfeed is reporting is consistent with much of what we know about Trump's behavior, Cohen's behavior and their relationship. We know Cohen lied to Congress and has lied on behalf of and at the behest of Trump in the past. We also know that Trump has no problem not telling the truth. It is not an off-the-wall story by any means. The crux of this is whether Trump commanded Cohen to lie and what hard evidence actually exists to support this.

In fact the Buzzfeed reporters are top shelf. While they aren't the NYT, they are a reputable 3rd tier news organization. There is likely a fair amount of truth in the report, just not enough to say "this is so, let's impeach."

In essence, we ain't there yet, but most likely (based upon all of the other stuff we know), we will be.

You had me rolling on the floor with that remark I was laughing so hard. Now you believe BuzzFeed over Mueller. Good one.

Until we get the Mueller report and can compare it to the BuzzFeed story, it is premature to make judgments as to the extent of the inaccuracy of the story.

What we need is to know whether the president is under criminal investigation, and the nature of the evidence that supports the claim.

Good one, now you trust lying BuzzFeed over Mueller. I take it when Mueller comes out with his report and shows there's no Trump/Russia collusion your going to explode, BuzzFeed knows the truth not Mueller.

??

Not sure how you came up with that interpretation. I did not say I disbelieved Mueller. I really don't know what the Mueller statement means other than that Buzzfeed appears to have got some important details wrong.

Eh, OK if you say so. Other than discussing it, I've pretty much filed it away as a failed article. It may turn out (mostly) true some day or disastrously false. We won't know until Mueller makes his report at least.

But I can certainly envision someone else in Trump's orbit telling Cohen to lie. Don Jr. comes immediately to mind.

Maybe Mueller should tell us earlier-- is Trump being investigated for a crime? What is that crime? What is the evidence?
We had Congressmen talking impeachment based upon the the story. Now we have people trying to parse the denials from Mueller's office.
Meanwhile-- the suspicions sap the admin and it's governing ability.
It's time for Mueller to let us know what and who he investigating.

??

Not sure how you came up with that interpretation. I did not say I disbelieved Mueller. I really don't know what the Mueller statement means other than that Buzzfeed appears to have got some important details wrong.

What did BuzzFeed get right? Yes that is a question.

What did BuzzFeed get right? Yes that is a question.

No one knows with the exception of Cohen, Mueller's team, SDNY, and Trump.

Maybe Mueller should tell us earlier-- is Trump being investigated for a crime? What is that crime? What is the evidence?
We had Congressmen talking impeachment based upon the the story. Now we have people trying to parse the denials from Mueller's office.
Meanwhile-- the suspicions sap the admin and it's governing ability.
It's time for Mueller to let us know what and who he investigating.

Trump doesn't govern so no worries there.

And no, Mueller doesn't need to do anything until he has all he thinks he needs. He is not beholden to the public.

Trump doesn't govern so no worries there.

And no, Mueller doesn't need to do anything until he has all he thinks he needs. He is not beholden to the public.

It isn't simply the administration. Both Schiff and Nadler had stated they were going to have their committes launch investigations based upon the article.
They were about to waste their time on an erroneous report.

Mueller needs to let the USA what he is doing. If Trump is under investigation or not, let us know. Keeping people in the dark is proving not to be in the countrys best interest.

You had me rolling on the floor with that remark I was laughing so hard. Now you believe BuzzFeed over Mueller. Good one.

Are you really that binary of a thinker? I said no such thing.

The BuzzFeed reporters behind this story do indeed have impressive resumes....

Jason Leopold, ".... is an Emmy nominated producer, the recipient of the FOI Award from Investigative Reporters and Editors and a member of the team awarded the Tom Renner Award in 2018 from Investigative Reporters and Editors, and a member of the team named a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in international reporting The Pulitzer Prizes. Leopold was inducted into the National Freedom of Information Hall of Fame by the Newseum Institute in 2016...."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Leopold

Anthony Cormier won a Pulitzer in 2016 for investigative reporting..

"....Cormier was most recently an investigative reporter at the Tampa Bay Times, where he shared the 2016 Pulitzer Prize for Investigative Reporting for a series on Florida’s unsafe system of state-run mental hospitals..."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...orter-behind-bombshell-cohen-story/ar-BBSr9Ko

Keep challenging me as I can always back up what I say. You, on the other hand are a seemingly drive-by poster that rarely offers third party evidence to substantiate those things that come out of your …… , well, what you post.

Why not take the time to re-read what I said a little slower this time...

It isn't simply the administration. Both Schiff and Nadler had stated they were going to have their committes launch investigations based upon the article.
They were about to waste their time on an erroneous report.

Mueller needs to let the USA what he is doing. If Trump is under investigation or not, let us know. Keeping people in the dark is proving not to be in the countrys best interest.

Why does the public need to know if Trump is under investigation?

You make a lot of good and honest observations about news outlets like the WA Post's true motivations.

I figure there must be at least a few people left at WAPO who are so disgusted at the abysmal dishonest and/or misleading garbage that passes for journalism these days that every now and then they actually do respectable journalism.

Why does the public need to know if Trump is under investigation?

Because then people can make informed decisions upon actions they might take. It's not just the general public-- Congress was all set to waste it's time by investigating the claims of the story. The foreign committee is shutting down its TERRORISM subcommitte-- to have a subcommittee on Russia and Trump. And we can't even say whether there is anything there, there. And we are supposed to "wait" until Mueller decides to let us know whether Trump is a Russian asset---- or even whether such a belief rightly belonged only amongst the tinfoil hat brigade?
It's nuts. It's ripping the country up. We need to know.

Because then people can make informed decisions upon actions they might take. It's not just the general public-- Congress was all set to waste it's time by investigating the claims of the story. The foreign committee is shutting down its TERRORISM subcommitte-- to have a subcommittee on Russia and Trump. And we can't even say whether there is anything there, there. And we are supposed to "wait" until Mueller decides to let us know whether Trump is a Russian asset---- or even whether such a belief rightly belonged only amongst the tinfoil hat brigade?
It's nuts. It's ripping the country up. We need to know.

Most people outside of forums like this and others who watch alot of cable news don't really care that much, so the idea that this is "ripping the country up" is hyperbole.

The BuzzFeed reporters behind this story do indeed have impressive resumes....

I'm sure not impressed with their resumes, Christ Mueller smacked them down before the print was dry. And you take these BuzzFeed quacks as being so creditable with their brilliant resumes, that you believe them over Mueller.

Jason Leopold, ".... is an Emmy nominated producer, the recipient of the FOI Award from Investigative Reporters and Editors and a member of the team awarded the Tom Renner Award in 2018 from Investigative Reporters and Editors, and a member of the team named a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in international reporting The Pulitzer Prizes. Leopold was inducted into the National Freedom of Information Hall of Fame by the Newseum Institute in 2016...."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Leopold

Anthony Cormier won a Pulitzer in 2016 for investigative reporting..

"....Cormier was most recently an investigative reporter at the Tampa Bay Times, where he shared the 2016 Pulitzer Prize for Investigative Reporting for a series on Florida’s unsafe system of state-run mental hospitals..."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...orter-behind-bombshell-cohen-story/ar-BBSr9Ko

You sure run with some really ignorant people. Mueller slaps the **** out of them and you call those two BuzzFeed idiots brilliant. You got me rolling on the floor again.

Keep challenging me as I can always back up what I say.

Those BuzzFeed idiots are nothing more than far left wing nuts, who will lie about anything to destroy Trump.

You, on the other hand are a seemingly drive-by poster that rarely offers third party evidence to substantiate those things that come out of your …… , well, what you post.

I'll take Mueller over your Buzzfeed wacko far leftist idiots that will say anything to destroy Trump. Mueller just proved that.

Why not take the time to re-read what I said a little slower this time...

I did and all I read was your allegiance to anyone that will say anything to destroy Trump. Even when it's debunked by Mueller.

Southern District of NY.

I thought that SDNY was some kind of code for BuzzFeed.

"Quote Originally Posted by Airyaman View Post
No one knows with the exception of Cohen, Mueller's team, SDNY, and Trump."

I don't see BuzzFeed mentioned as one that knows. Is it correct to say you don't believe BuzzFeed's article that stated Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress.

Just shows you how gullible the left is. They dont even care about the actual truth. Where are the retractions? Must suck being one of the lefties that ran with yet another bogus fake news story. Hook, line and sinker. So easily had these anti American trump haters. They are now making up news and their idiot minions incapable of cogent thought are there to hoark it down.

Back
Top Bottom